1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Temperature control faulty - Blinking red light

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Temperature control faulty - Blinking red light

I recently fitted a new double DIN stereo in my 2002 Honda Fit Sport and at about the same time my climate temperature control stopped working.

So everything on the climate control functions fine except for the temperature which seems to be at a constant outside temperature which isn't too pleasant on those winter mornings!

I pulled the central console out (as I did when I fitted the stereo) to see if any of the sockets were loose on the back of the climate control unit but all looked good. One thing I did notice though was a blinking red light in the back of the temperature control. It blinks 7 times. You can view it in a video here.

Does anybody know what this means?

Perhaps I just have a faulty thermostat and it is nothing to do with me fitting a new stereo?

Last edited by adam1979; 08-21-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-23-2011, 02:16 AM
Dtc 7

Tried once again searching google but this time with some different keywords and believe I may have found a useful site regarding the flashing light -
How to Troubleshoot the Climate Control System

It looks like DTC 7 described here - How to Troubleshoot the Climate Control System

All I have to do now is check for some bad connections on the plugs/sockets at the back of the controls. I guess yanking out the whole console could have pulled on something.

Update to come.................

Old 08-23-2011, 10:57 AM
You guys get a totally different unit than we do here in the USA. We see a mechanical control unit that opens and closes flaps in a heater box and a switch that engages the AC compressor.

Curious to know if your system controls the dampers off the engine vacuum with the electronics controlling the valves.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Yes, I noticed when I came across a US reference manual that there were some differences. This car was imported 'used' from Japan to NZ about a year and half ago.

Everything on the control unit seems electronic. I believe that the US model has 2 mechanical cables whereas this one has only 1 that controls the fresh air/recirculation, everything else seems to be electronic.

I have checked my connections visually and everything seems to be okay. Now I need to find out where the Air Mix Control Motor is to check the connections at that end - I have no idea where it's located!