1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

A/c | heater blower is weak!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:37 PM
A/c | heater blower is weak!

Hey guys - I went to the dealer today to get my A/C checked and they evacuated my system and it blows colder now but the output still sucks!!

The tech actually forgot to put the cabin filter back in and when I got into my car and turned the A/C on, it blew SUPER STRONG! I was amazed until I saw the old/dirty cabin air filter on the passenger floor.

Anyway, I bought a new filter at an AUTOZONE near me here in Las Veags and once I put it in, I notice the big difference it air OUTPUT/AIRFLOW that the filter blocks.

Has anyone ever found a THINNER air filter or a different solution where I can allow more airflow from the blower? Or maybe even a DIY for a BLOWER upgrade? I am dying here in Vegas with the 110-120 DEGREE DRY weather that is about to hit! I would appreciate your feedback.. thanks

Old 06-02-2012, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
In many warm climates, owners leave the cabin filter OUT for better airflow. At least, that's what I read...

Isn't it kinda dusty in Vegas? Don't know what to tell you.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:21 PM
If I was in Vegas, I don't think the filter would be of too much help as I would have the air handling on recirc rather than drawing outside, hot air. Yeah, even with recirc the cabin filter will filter the recirculated air, but its not nearly as dirty/nasty as exhaust/industrial fumes!

I would leave it out until the temps cool down...but that's me.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Ok, I'll just consider keeping it out and only putting it in the cabin filter on long drives longer than 100 miles. With the cabin filter out, the air flow is actually very acceptable.

If I place my vent setting to RECIRCULATE inside air, will that keep all the leaves and outside dust from blowing in?

Old 06-02-2012, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
I removed the cabin filter last summer... This spring was the warmest on record so I'm expecting a summer at least as bad as that hot bitch last year..

Old 06-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Yes. Of course, if your windows are open...

Old 06-02-2012, 09:27 PM
You ever experienced dust or
Anything going to through vents ever since you took out your cabin filter?

Old 06-03-2012, 11:12 AM
I buy home AC filters at Lowe's & cut then to fit the tray for the cabin filter, you may need a small amount of rubber cement to hold it in. Then you still have a filter that provides more airflow & for $5-6 you can save the remaining filter and cut more out when they get dirty.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:36 PM
What year is your fit?

I have been test driving Fits, I noticed that the blower motor on 2008 is weak. In fact, the blower motors on the 2012 and 2015 fits I've tried are about 4-5 times stronger. The 2012 had the nicest ride but still had incredibly loud cabin (tire?) noise even at 35-40mph on a city street.

Has Anyone else tried out the 2008 and the 2012 and can they correlate my findings?

I also noticed the sound systems were different.

I will say that overall the 2015's are the worst of the worst, especially with the cvt and I couldn't even feel that extra HP at all, felt weaker than the 2012.

Originally Posted by lasvegas
Hey guys - I went to the dealer today to get my A/C checked and they evacuated my system and it blows colder now but the output still sucks!!

The tech actually forgot to put the cabin filter back in and when I got into my car and turned the A/C on, it blew SUPER STRONG! I was amazed until I saw the old/dirty cabin air filter on the passenger floor.

Anyway, I bought a new filter at an AUTOZONE near me here in Las Veags and once I put it in, I notice the big difference it air OUTPUT/AIRFLOW that the filter blocks.

Has anyone ever found a THINNER air filter or a different solution where I can allow more airflow from the blower? Or maybe even a DIY for a BLOWER upgrade? I am dying here in Vegas with the 110-120 DEGREE DRY weather that is about to hit! I would appreciate your feedback.. thanks