1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

How many of you have 2 child safety seats installed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
How many of you have 2 child safety seats installed?

And how did you make it work?

About to add a second seat next spring, and of course it has to be rear facing. Will probably get another Britax Marathon and install it behind the passenger seat, while moving the front facing one behind mine. This will result in losing a few inches of legroom for me and MANy for my wife, and also greatly reducing the usability of the car since neither back seat will be able to fold down (this was one of the main reasons I got the car). This isn't the main "family car", but I still would take them to daycare and all 4 of us would frequently be using it.

I'm just wondering how other folks with two kids have fared with the Fit.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 PM
I left the front facing behind my wife and whenever we need to we put the rear facing behind me. in order to not lose those precious inches we just dont use the quick release base.

We almost never all pile into the Fit, usually we just take her Toyota for family outings.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:53 PM
I have a child seat and high back booster seat in mine and it's not too bad. The daughter in the child seat is a little short on leg room so she kicks the back of my seat a lot. The daughter in the booster seat has plenty of room, so I put her on the passenger side so people could adjust that seat as needed. Just put the rear facing seat on the side of the shorter person.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Take my advice and get covers for your seats. That booster seat will ultimately boost the legs of the child therein (and thus anything they stepped in) directly into the back of your seat...

We've had two seats in the back of ours. Yes, it's not then as versatile as before, but many other cars it's size fare in the same way. If space is an isse, you could get a pet-guard and remove the parcel shelf which would give you extra load area vertically?

Old 12-08-2012, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
I have two Recaro's, best car seats ever and they last!!! I have a booster type and one for smaller children. Like RedH was saying, get seat covers. My daughters are relentless to the back of my seats

Old 12-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Studebaker has two.
My duaghter is 3. She's behind the pasngr seat so I can talk to her n hold her hand.
My son is 1 and sits rear facing behind me. Limits seat recline. Which sux cuz I rider like a ganster since I had back surgery. Also maddi can reach the window button...but I locked it