1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Stereo Face Auxiliary Button Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Stereo Face Auxiliary Button Issue

Well, I've got an '07 Fit Base model with 5spd.

I installed an aftermarket iPod plug system from GTA Car Kits, which worked great for a few months.

After installing it, my Auxiliary button stopped working on the radio face, which I can't blame on the GTA kit, as it won't switch over into Aux mode. The button itself still physically works by pushing in on the control board behind it, but it seems like the Auxiliary mode doesn't exist anymore. My CD, FM, AM, etc works just fine, however.

Has anyone else had this issue? Very odd....

Thanks for the help,

-Adam

Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
I also have an '07 with an iPod interface. I learned a long time ago that when starting the Fit to pause the key in the "run" position long enough for the stereo to come on, then crank the engine. When I don't do this I have your issue. You may try this.

Last edited by spreadhead; 01-04-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by spreadhead
I also have an '07 with an iPod interface. I learned a long time ago that when starting the Fit to pause the key in the "run" position long enough for the stereo to come on, then crank the engine. When I don't do this I have your issue. You may try this.
I gave this a try and it still didn't work.

Has anybody else had a similar issue to mine? I'd hate to have to allow the dealer to diagnose this problem...

Old 03-18-2013, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
Do you have an auxiliary cord plugged in to the aux input? I don't have the iPod interface but I noticed that if my aux cord isn't in the aux button will not operate

Old 03-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by thasniperwolf
Do you have an auxiliary cord plugged in to the aux input? I don't have the iPod interface but I noticed that if my aux cord isn't in the aux button will not operate
Everything is hooked up properly according to the GTA car kits, my stereo will simply not switch into the AUX mode when I push the button. I know the button physically works properly, its almost like the AUX mode has just disappeared.

Has anyone run into this problem?

Old 03-16-2015, 11:25 AM
I am having the same issue. In the past it has happened a few times and then randomly starts working again but no luck this time.

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

I've been careful to keep it on Aux because after it is switched to radio or CD, Aux will not work for a while. A good doer tried to reset my clock after the time change and switched my stereo to 'CD' in the process and I haven't been able to listen to my ipod ever since.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
The original content of this thread is a bit old and there seem to be multiple questions, but here is what I know:

There is a switch in the OEM aux jack that is closed when something is plugged into it. If this switch is not closed, the aux button on the radio does nothing. Thus, it is possible that the radio is faulty, the wires to the switch are broken/faulty, or the switch itself (i.e. the jack) is faulty. The exact pinouts are documented in my post in the add an aux thread. They are called "AUX GND" and "AUX DET" in the diagrams.

It is unclear if the OP or last poster are referring to OEM parts or aftermarket parts, but either way, if one wants to use the OEM radio aux button, the circuit has to be closed.