1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Jazz 2004 GD1 - Maintenance info

Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Post Jazz 2004 GD1 - Maintenance info

Hi everyone.

I recently purchased a Honda Jazz second hand and I'm trying to sort out a couple of issues that came up with the car. Any general advice is appreciated. The car is GD1, automatic transmission, fitted with an i-DSI engine.

1) The first thing I did with the car after driving it for about 50-60kms was to take it to my mechanic for a service. It's a local mechanic that I've been taking all my cars for a while now and he never had me believing he didn't do a good job. A day after the service i noticed a small leak under the front left side of the car. On a short visit to them, they informed me they had filled in the transmission oil as it was found to be non adequate. After an effort to tighten the bolts they assured me there must be a transmission case leak (which is terrible news). They asked me to drive it about for some time while checking the transmission oil level regularly. It's been about 10 days now, the car is leaking per use approximately 10-15 drops until I drive it again but the level shows me overly full whenever i checked it. Is it possible that they just put too much oil in it thus increasing the pressure of the oil and causing the aluminum case to stretch and possible create a crack? Has anyone heard of a product (or used) called Lucas Oils which among its possible uses claims to stop small leaks?

2) A couple of days after I bought the car, I found a significant quantity of water at the spare tire compartment in the back. Should I assume there is a leak at the rear tailgate? Any known location this might have resulted from?

3) I wanted to change the radio/cassette currently on the car. After attempting to somehow extract the radio by itself I soon realized it must come off as a whole together with the underneath drawer-like compartment. Any clues as to how to pull the whole thing out without damaging the dash board?

4) Around the middle of the dash board where the a/c controls are, part of the panel seems to have burned its bulbs. For example the A/C button bulb doesn't turn on when its operating. I'd like to find it and repair it myself but it seemed really time consuming to take out the whole dash board to get to that small bulb. How long should it take me to do this?

5) I looked around online for a while but was unable to find a user/owner manual for this version of the car. Has anyone spotted one or even has it somewhere on his computer?

Thanks if you take the time to help me out. I'll come back to you with the experience of working on these problems.

Last edited by oxydous; 01-23-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:01 AM
You can get service manual at http://downloads.hondatech.info/Auto...zz_Fit-ESM.rar

You can look for 7-zip (open source) to extract the manual contents.