1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Storage solutions for the Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Storage solutions for the Fit

Well it took me about a year but I finally ended up getting a Fit! I'm close to 30yo. and have had 5 different cars of various luxury levels up till now and not one of them made me as happy as this one. Actually "happy" is not even a word that I ever used when talking about how a car made me feel until now.

Anyways...

I searched this forum but couldn't find an answer to this question... What have you guys (and gals) come up with for storing your "random stuff" in the car, so that it doesn't roll around? With as much cubic footage that this car has, I haven't found any real "compartments" to store various things. In my previous car (with a trunk) I kept random stuff there and never knew whether it rolled around or did whatever. Now that I'm one with the hatchback I feel like I need some stable/attached storage bin in the back (or something like that), or bags on drawstrings attached to the back of the front seats... Are there things "made" for this purpose, or what have you guys come up with yourselves? Looking for something that won't look/act silly and look like it was perhaps made for the purpose.

Thanks!

Old 06-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Lots of inapplicable information, hooray!

Last edited by Cutriss; 06-07-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:09 PM
I think OP has a GD, I don't think there are as many compartments as there is on the GE. It's like people complained and they made as many compartments as possible on the revision

There's this Honda accessory. I have a generic one I use on my GE I just got from Walmart.

Go check around on Buy Discount Honda Fit Accessories - Discount Genuine Honda Accessories

Old 06-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I think OP has a GD, I don't think there are as many compartments as there is on the GE. It's like people complained and they made as many compartments as possible on the revision
Bleh, you're right, didn't see what forum this was in.

Not having a great day...

Old 06-08-2013, 06:42 AM
5 Year Member
I use a milk crate with velcro on the bottom. It actually works pretty well until the rear cargo cover starts to crater.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:29 AM
i use a box, lol

Old 06-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I try not to store anything in my car.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:22 PM
LDB
Well, The Total Money Makeover solution is an empty box from a case of copy paper, with or without lid.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I also use a box (of various sizes), but I do strap it down with a tie down so it doesn't slide around the trunk mat. Cheap, simple, and effective.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
Besides the net, I keep a bungee hooked to the back seat bracket, handy to keep gas can upright, only short drive from station but two turns that could upend it.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
I use a cheapo nylon cargo organizer I bought from canadian tire (so you know it's made in a Chinese sweatshop and will break in about 2 months). The cool part is that one side of the organizer is insulated if you wanna bring along some road pop (beer).

Why don't you use your 4 other cars to store your stuff and keep your fit nice and empty

Old 06-25-2013, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
Trunk storage tote, collapsible but pricey @ $40

I do what the others suggested, plastic milk crates and bungee cords work fine and so do corrugated boxes or duffel bags. If you want a more elegant solution, Griot's Garage (no, I don't work for them and have never bought from them but their catalog is interesting reading for car care items) offers a collapsible storage tote with many various size compartments. Looks like it would keep small to large objects from rolling around. Here's a link:

Collapsible Trunk Storage Tote - Bags, Creepers, Carts - In Your Garage - Griot's Garage

You might also try auto parts stores like Advance, Autozone, Pep Boys, etc.

Another item you might like is the official Honda Luggage compartment cover to allow you to hide anything stored behind the rear seats from prying eyes. Bernardi Honda in Massachusetts sells them plus a couple cargo organizers: 2007-2008 Honda Fit Sport Interior Cargo Accessories - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

You can also find them cheaper online if you Google for Honda Fit cargo accessories, non-Honda parts.

Good luck.