1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Installed: Shuriken SK-BT20 AGM battery + PW:JDM relocation kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member
Installed: Shuriken SK-BT20 AGM battery + PW:JDM relocation kit

Just installed a Shuriken SK-BT20 AGM battery using the Password:JDM battery relocation kit. Total weight dropped was 9 lbs.
It also freed up a lot of engine bay space. However, it wasn't 100% bolt-in, since the Shuriken battery is slightly taller
than the Odyssey PC680 battery the PWJDM kit was designed for. Also, I scavenged the terminal posts from a Shuriken
SK-BTA kit since they each weighed 1 pound! Screw using that. I also had to elongate the screw slots on the tie-down piece
of the PW:JDM battery relocation bracket by 1/8" due to the taller battery height. Sorry I forget to snap pix of this, or get
the weight of the battery relocation brackets.

I'm guessing the battery has ~200 CCA; plenty for starts in warm California but still down from the OEM's 340 CCA. It's similar
looking to the Odyssey PC680, which delivers 190 CCA and is rated at 17 amp-hours vs the Shuriken's 20 Ah. All in all I'm pleased
with dropping 9 lbs from the front of the vehicle and making the engine bay less cluttered for under $200. Someday I'd like to
use this free space for some charge piping & an efficient turbo hiding behind the engine.

Parts Installed:

Shuriken SK-BT20 AGM Battery
Password:JDM Battery Relocator 07-08 Fit
M6 AGM Battery Posts (not included with battery)

Here's the OEM Yuasa 151R battery, tie-down, battery support tray and two plastic covers:

Here's what my install would have weighed using Shuriken battery and their terminal adapters:

I ended up unbolting the posts from the lead/plastic adapter and tossing them. However the terminal posts were 1/16" too wide to align perfectly
with the bolt holes, So I filed this amount off of the battery's plastic covering.

(Weight minus the big-ass lead Shuriken adapters dropped to 13.5 lbs)

Finished shots of dirty, roomy e-bay

http://www.shurikenonline.com/12v-ba...ttery-p-2.html

Password:JDM Battery Relocator 07-08 Fit | Password JDM

Old 08-13-2013, 10:49 AM
congrats on the relocation maybe it's me but I dont see any of the pics. This might be something I do in the near future since i have an extra battery terminal but I highly doubt it since I believe you need atleast 13ft to make it to the trunk