1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Weapon-R Intake Manifold on 2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
Weapon-R Intake Manifold on 2008

I have searched and searched and can't find any 08 folks with this intake. I emailed Weapon-R and the guy said it was just for the 2003-2007 models. On the Weapon-R website it says 2003-2008. Some resellers say 2003-2007, some say 2006-2008. Will this intake fit on my fit?? the model is 501-112-109. I didn't think that much changed from 07-08 around the intake.

Thanks

Old 01-06-2014, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Ok, so the problem with the Weapon R manifold isn't necessarily a fitment one... The info on here is old and spotty so I am not surprised that your having trouble.

The first issue is that there are early and late Weapon R manifolds!!! A later one is ideal as it should have the less boxy upper plenum and more bracing. The bracing is important as they are known to crack at the TB and bottom of those long runners.

I have an early one and got it braced in the problem areas, BUT there is another issue. There is an additional vacuum fitting that will be missing. on the top of the plenum.

Especially from those year ranges being quoted to you, the part was not designed for the US spec GD, which was only '07-'08.

I do not know if the vacuum barb was ever added on the later manifolds, but just keep in mind that this is not a simple "bolt on" part. It will require a little work, and certainly should have a FlashPro to tune. Hope that helps!!!

Old 01-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Good answer TPC

Old 01-06-2014, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
I had read plenty about welding issues and such. I was looking at this one. Do you know of any others on the market. Been looking for a used one as I know a tig welder.

Weapon-R Race Sheet Metal Intake Manifold - Honda Fit 06-08 - Bean Garage

Now the picture seems to show additional bracing and a vacuum nipple on the top, but that's not to say it's the item I will get. I have seen a vacuum fitting in the front as well in pictures. I am using a flash pro and will definitly need it as I am also installing a megan header, t1r test pipe with my already installed skunk2 catback and Kraftwerks High boost supercharger. I recently changed my pulley on the supercharger to get a little more boost (12-14psi) could be 15+, but think the top mount intercooler is where the air restriction is.

Thanks for the feedback and if I grab this IM, I might ask you a few questions.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
The one in the pic on Bean Garage is the later one and the one your going to want.

If you are over 10psi on stock internals, you had better keep an eye out!!! that's a red zone for the rods not to mention other bits. ARP rod bolts might be "cheap insurance."

Also turbo guys that were running that type of boost had to regularly check/re gap plugs.

I would LOVE to see a dyno curve/numbers on your setup! Especially the torque curve!!!! There was a lot of debate about that little top mount intercooler when it came out, but the Jackson's know there stuff and said that the HP gains of a full front mount were low (3-5 or <10hp IIRC) and weren't worth the pressure drops or some such.

Have you looked at the Weapon R Race header? Mine is BY FAR the best mod other than FlashPro

Old 01-06-2014, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
I am definitely going to call Bean tomorrow and be sure its the one pictured. I have seen several pictures on here of the weapor-r and hope the gains are good. When I pull the intake I have been thinking about pulling the head and doing some port and polish work and replace rods and such. I will likely not due to other projects and tunes are not cheap. I am waiting for some Sandy victim flood GDs to make it down for auction, so I can strip on down and do a k-swap.

Finding these parts late in the game is starting to become difficult for the GD3s, like the T1R test pipe is like a needle in the haystack.

Thanks for all your help!

Old 01-21-2014, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
I got it all installed, it was fairly straight forward. This model has a lot of bracing. It only has the one nipple on the back for the ?power brake?. Where do I get my vacuum from now? I believe that goes to the PCV and I also have it split for my supercharger bypass.

Thanks

Old 01-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Cool man. Glad ya got it & got it installed. Hope it has provided you with great gains. We all love to get some dyno #'s on your setup ... and pictures too!

Originally Posted by lightyear22
I got it all installed, it was fairly straight forward. This model has a lot of bracing. It only has the one nipple on the back for the ?power brake?. Where do I get my vacuum from now? I believe that goes to the PCV and I also have it split for my supercharger bypass.

Thanks

Old 03-02-2016, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
I have the weapon r manifold on my 07 GD3, definitely not worth it with out a flashpro. I was able to get around the missing nipple issue by using a hose splitter and combining the 2 vacuum points to 1 and it works great. I'm combining the intake manifold with a DC cai, r18 civic throttle body and spacer, DC headers, Megan cat delete, DC b-pipe, and tanabe concept g exhaust. I've also got ralco lightweight pulleys, exedy stage 1 clutch, and fidenza light weight flywheel. Combine all that with the flashpro and my GD3 can move pretty quick lol. Hoping to do a dyno run in a few weeks to get some true HP numbers ;-)

Old 03-02-2016, 07:26 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
The biggest problem with the weapon r manifold is the way they fabricated the velocity stacks creates a big turbulence and doesn't flow very well.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
I agree they could have constructed it better, both structurly and for flow but at least its better then stock ;-)

Old 03-03-2016, 03:07 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
No one has ever flow tested it to be sure it's better then stock. I took my stock one and port matched the plastic plenum. There is quite a bit of material to remove and that seems to have worked best for me.