1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Blinking D Light/Check Engine light issue

Old 02-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Blinking D Light/Check Engine light issue

Okay, Had an issue last winter around this time where the check engine light came on and the D started to blink....the Car would "put" at certain points, like at stop lights or when the car was sitting in park, until it got really weird/worse and started to totally malfunction. Replaced all spark plugs and the coil pack in cylinder four since that's what the codes where throwing/reading. Everything was great after that, no issues. This winter, the check engine light has come on, and has gone off after a few days, no D blinking. Throwing similar codes that it was a missfire in cylinder four and a few other issues (I have pictures of those reading receipts, just not on me right now to list the codes) I will when i get home. Leads me to believe its a wet wire, or something to do with the wiring. Could be a dirty fuel injector/sensor/or spark plug. Still need to check that. I have had the engine light come on just a few times and it has stayed on recently for a week, I washed the car and we got bad weather again and it came back on and it has been on....again no D blinking at all until this morning. Car is running perfect, this is what baffles me. No issues, not one. I was recommended to get the coolant system flushed and the belt changed awhile back and i plan too, i do not think those are my issues. Could it be a bad spark plug or sensor? could it be just a problem with the weather and water getting into the wiring? my fog light is also cracked....thought that may soak in something. I just need some guidance, i am not a mechanic or guru here. haha Just at my wits end with this because it could be so many things. The car is running perfect like i said, so i am not extremely stressed, but concerned.

Codes are:
P2A00
P0847
P0108
P0304

Last edited by mk2007; 02-12-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Flashing D indicates problem in transmission system. You need to hook up a scanner and post data here (almost like on bleeping my computer forum
the water could get into transmission solenoid or sensor connector but it is uncommon; while I am leaning toward 3 rd gear pressure sensor I will not say anything until I see the codes

Old 02-12-2015, 04:55 PM
I updated with codes! Hope this can help me more! 😌

Old 03-19-2015, 10:08 AM
I have recently had the same trouble and it lasted for three months, did the same as you, assumed it was the spark plugs/misfires, but a week ago my car finally decided to throw a usable code alongside a CEL with a blinking D, turned out my mainshaft/countershaft sensor(s) in my tranny needed to be replaced, Honda calls them "pickup assembly" rather than what they are, the transmission speed sensors(in a auto you have two) and i went ahead and replaced them, while it is something you can do yourself...i did and got one of the sensors removed the other was too stuck and i had to bring it to a dealer....

here is a link to a part description
http://parts.sonshonda.com/showAssem...roduct=9993812

it has since been replaced, NO CEL, blinking D, car drives great!!

Good luck

Old 05-23-2019, 11:05 AM
I have a 2012 Fit (that I love!) out of warranty and 150K miles...engine light came on with flashing D just came on, and I had a scary ride down 4300 feet today major knocking lurching when I accelerate too quickly...to work..dropping it directly at my dealership (Honda of the Desrt-the BEST!!!) to hook up..hopefully itll be coil spark issue...no way I'm driving this thing up the hil don't want my engine to blow....ive felt a little shifting tranny problem in the alst couple years but never what I experienced today.. any thoughts?

Old 05-24-2019, 01:19 PM
Well it threw the code DTC PO962 and they repaired wire harness chewed by rodents, after driving ok the engine light and flashing D came on this AM, and it still lurches between second and third gears...back to the dealership!!

Old 05-24-2019, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Julie Gimbel
Well it threw the code DTC PO962 and they repaired wire harness chewed by rodents, after driving ok the engine light and flashing D came on this AM, and it still lurches between second and third gears...back to the dealership!!
Repaired or replaced? It's a world of difference!

Old 04-17-2023, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
When I got my 2011 Fit in 2018, I ran into this problem. Eventually, it just went away on it's own.

Fast forward to some +80 degree days a couple of weeks apart, and it's happened on those days, and it stays around for a few days. Order a replacement from Ebay from a parts place for $32.

Friend has a lift in his garage and it took longer to pull the plastic retainers off of the the shield, than it did to replace the unit.

Waiting to see the next really hot day to see if it's really fixed, but it's working fine after he reset the codes.