1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Find the cheapest Fit, shocking !

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Find the cheapest Fit, shocking !

2007 Honda Fit sport | autos et camions | Laval / Rive-Nord | Kijiji

Here is one for $2500 bucks canadian! It is not a 500 dollar car..... yet, but very soon at this rate

Old 09-08-2015, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Old 09-08-2015, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Why is it that all cheap cars come from Quebec?

Old 10-11-2015, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Just bought my first Fit. 2007 RED with Blk/gray interior Sport Auto with 125K on it for 500 bucks.

Owner said he and his dad could not get it running. It would fire but not idle.

After we did the paperwork went back to see what I could do with it.

Hooked up a freshly charged battery and turned on the power, let it sit for a bit.
First thing I noticed was the gas gauge was far below E... Know it hadn't been run for a while(A year) I figured bad gas, went and got 5 gallons of Alcohol free 87 and put that in.
Hit the key and fired right up.. Idle is rough and it does not want to transition to higher revs very well, stutters and misses. Going to check the coil packs and valve adjust next.

Car was owned by a female teenager who did not appreciate it at all. Going to have to fix a ding or two in the hood and the rear hatch needs replaced she backed it in to something that hit right at the bottom edge of the window and between broken glass and body work a used hatch lid is cheaper.. Already found a perfect sport hatch for 500. Interior is perfect..

Wish me luck...

Old 10-12-2015, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
You are on the right track. Good luck and keep us informed!

Old 11-12-2015, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
Still coming along, new plugs (Bosche Iridium, and Hitachi Coils. )

A exhaust leak turned out to be a hacksaw cut where someone evidentialy tried to steal the cat converter. 40 bucks to the exhaust shot to weld the cut shut... (My MIG is in storage... arg)

With parts current investment is right at 700 bucks.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Still coming along, new plugs (Bosche Iridium, and Hitachi Coils. )

A exhaust leak turned out to be a hacksaw cut where someone evidentialy tried to steal the cat converter. 40 bucks to the exhaust shot to weld the cut shut... (My MIG is in storage... arg)

With parts current investment is right at 700 bucks.

Too bad you bought Bosch because Fits specifically require NGK or denso. Try it and if it's still missing you might have to switch.

Cheap cars come from Quebec because they are all REBUILT TITLES, just like the one the original poster posted. People in Quebec drive like f'ing idiots and we have no fault insurance so that's a pretty bad combination.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
When I was shopping for my Fit I found plenty of "deals". Would buy the carfax report only to find out the cars were total losses "14k in damages with airbags deployed type deal. To each his own!

Old 11-12-2015, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MTLian
When I was shopping for my Fit I found plenty of "deals". Would buy the carfax report only to find out the cars were total losses "14k in damages with airbags deployed type deal. To each his own!
Here's an article by Rob Siegel (a VERY interesting BMW enthusiast, the "Hack Mechanic") on the implications of buying a salvage title Fit.

HackBlog: Fitting the Risk, Risking the Fit (part 1 -- the purchase)

It's long (but interesting). Start reading down about half way if you don't have a lot of time.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MTLian
Too bad you bought Bosch because Fits specifically require NGK or denso. Try it and if it's still missing you might have to switch.

Cheap cars come from Quebec because they are all REBUILT TITLES, just like the one the original poster posted. People in Quebec drive like f'ing idiots and we have no fault insurance so that's a pretty bad combination.
mine was always a US car, idiot chic only had the car for about 6 months....

Its to be a college beater so one I fix the osmetics my oldest daughter is a pretty good kid who takes care of things it will get her around I think..

Car is running sweet on the Bosche plugs,,, I figured I'd try them since they and Denso actually build each others products.. And they were all I could get at the moment.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Carbuff2
Here's an article by Rob Siegel (a VERY interesting BMW enthusiast, the "Hack Mechanic") on the implications of buying a salvage title Fit.

HackBlog: Fitting the Risk, Risking the Fit (part 1 -- the purchase)

It's long (but interesting). Start reading down about half way if you don't have a lot of time.
Just side note,,, Another reason the "salvage" title is a crock is states like Mine, Oregon. They will often (Not always) automatically brand titles if any accident report is filed on a vehicle that exceeds 2000 bucks. OR if any injuries are reported.