1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Water running noise after engine off?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 06:23 AM
Water running noise after engine off?

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and this is my first post

Basically what happened is last night park my car in the garage and switch the engine off the I start to hear water running noise near the engine bay but I don't see any leak or liquid on the floor. Is this normal?

Here is a video i record last night

Thank you

Old 07-25-2016, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Have you had the coolant flushed/replaced recently? I get those sounds when all the air is not fully out of the system after a coolant flush.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by BurntZ
Have you had the coolant flushed/replaced recently? I get those sounds when all the air is not fully out of the system after a coolant flush.
Yes I recently added Radiator Fluid so is this normal?
and how do I get the air out from the system. many thanks

Old 07-25-2016, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I'll assume you didn't mean you just added fluid, but actually took a hose off, flushed it out or drained the radiator, correct? If you did service it, the Fit seems to be one of the more stubborn cars to get all the air bubbles out. This may take a few tries. You can take off the radiator cap while starting your car. Just don't let it run too long. Having the cap off for a minute or two will allow air to come out. You also will notice that the fluid level drops in the radiator due to the fluid taking the place of the air bubbles. You will need to add fluid for a few days and add fluid to your overflow jug (which is a pain on the GD3). If you really meant that you only just added fluid, but did not get the radiator flushed/serviced, then I could not venture a guess as to what is wrong.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by BurntZ
Well, I'll assume you didn't mean you just added fluid, but actually took a hose off, flushed it out or drained the radiator, correct? If you did service it, the Fit seems to be one of the more stubborn cars to get all the air bubbles out. This may take a few tries. You can take off the radiator cap while starting your car. Just don't let it run too long. Having the cap off for a minute or two will allow air to come out. You also will notice that the fluid level drops in the radiator due to the fluid taking the place of the air bubbles. You will need to add fluid for a few days and add fluid to your overflow jug (which is a pain on the GD3). If you really meant that you only just added fluid, but did not get the radiator flushed/serviced, then I could not venture a guess as to what is wrong.
thank you for ur help. I'll give it a go.

Old 08-26-2016, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
It is normal to hear this.