1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

My fit electronics cut off

Old 09-13-2016, 10:28 PM
My fit electronics cut off

Hey guys I took a look and really did not find anything similar I'm hoping someone can help I have an 07 fit sport my wife drives it and she says today as she is driving all the electronics cut off radio and dash some of the warning lights are flashing and the steering got very hard (this has electronic power steering correct?) and then it came back to normal. This occurred at least 2 times from what she told me. Only happens when she is driving slow not highway driving. I did notice a few times in the past few weeks the radio acts like I turned the car off and back on but the engine itself never shuts off. I have been told it could be an ignition switch. Does this seem familiar to anyone? I don't mind taking it to the dealer but if I couldn't replicate it and they can't I have a feeling I would be wasting time

Thanks

Old 09-14-2016, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Have you had the alternator tested yet?

You could connect a volt meter to monitor battery voltage, and drive around with it on, see if voltage drops off at the times stuff is acting wrong.

Could be ignition switch....Can you make a list of everything affected, and see if they might all tie together in the same circuit originating in the ignition switch?

Old 09-14-2016, 03:11 AM
Could be lots of things. It could indeed be the ignition switch, or a loose connection somewhere (possibly at or near the battery), or the battery itself, or possibly the alternator. Perhaps there are other things I'm not thinking of as well.

If it's the ignition switch, jiggling the key might make it misbehave. You might also find that the key and switch are exceptionally warm/hot after driving the car. (It also might not get unusually warm.)

If it's the battery or battery connection or possibly the alternator, you'd most likely see problems when the engine is idling or running slowly and there's a relatively large electric load (headlights on, blower on high, rear window defogger on...). If it's a loose connection, there's a decent chance it would be triggered by going over bumps.

Electrical problems can be tricky to track down, unfortunately.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:50 AM
So what is affected is the radio dash lights and power steering from what I'm told. The battery was replace about a year ago I checked the battery connections. I have not check the switch yet I will work on that this weekend

Old 09-14-2016, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
It can be a good idea to plug in the scanner and check for ELD related codes.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:40 PM
I will check that as well. So I asked my wife what lights blink and when this occurs the lights that blink constantly are on the right the red person in the seat we the circle in front ( I'm guessing that's air bag) and the amber light that's a steering wheel with an exclamation point next to it

Attached Thumbnails My fit electronics cut off-80-image_fbf7274217b70f179aa582fb699ae3248a194f94.jpeg  
Old 09-15-2016, 06:48 AM
Hey guys so I was able to get some more information. When the cars electronics cut out there are 2 indicator lights that block for a few seconds when it happens. The power steering light and the supplemental restraint light ( red light of person sitting in a chair with what looks like the air bag) I posted a pick but I guess it's waiting for approval

Old 09-15-2016, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by maldonw
power steering light and the supplemental restraint light
Got codes?

I posted a pick but I guess it's waiting for approval
Post a link to the pic?

Old 02-22-2017, 10:37 AM
lol I am having the same thing happen this morning,I checked the battery connection and I tightened it a bit- the thing is yesterday there were no signs of anything like this-I guess I will have to take it to my mechanic buddy-