1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Airbag recall... fail!!

Old 06-17-2017, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by doctor J
Let see if the tech would be able to do it without disconnecting the battery (as they did on my car to my big surprise!)
They are supposed to just pull a few fuses... that's what it says in the manual, But we know how the Stealership works.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Those airbags lights that came on and off for no reason really freaks me out also and so finally I chose one lonely day out of my busy days to drop off the fit. Came to find out there were several recalls that I haven't done yet with the OG. Total of 3. Check engine light came on also so yea it was time to use the extended warranty. All and all after everything was done, the dealer replaced my faulty starter, egr valve, and clear out all the recalls. (Airbags,headlight switch,power windows) All repairs by OEM. My fee for all $50 deductible. Although the process took like 2 days because they had to wait for the OEM parts, the dealer also said that my extended warranty will cover up to 3 days rental. Honda world in Westminster,ca. They did a fantastic job and if it weren't for my extended warranty I probably would've to come up with $500-800 bill included the rentals. I'm looking forward to take advantage of my warranty with other stuff that they might fix for me in the future. So if anyone knows what other things that can be covered or replaced I will definitely bring it up to the dealership. The fit now drives like it just had a monster drink.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
What wrong was with the starter and why EGR valve was replaced?

Old 07-12-2017, 11:36 PM
ooh, the starter was just cranky every time i start the car and remember i stated that my check engine light was on and the dealer diagnosed the problem and said that it was because of the EGR valve being defective. to be honest i didn't really have time to do all the recalls but because check engine light was on and starter was cranky so i thought well might as well get all of them done now rather than later plus i have extended warranty for the starter and EGR valve. they also recommended me to do the valve adjustments and change the drive belts but those are not covered by the warranty.