1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

GD3 Keyless Entry Info (2017)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 02:04 AM
Post GD3 Keyless Entry Info (2017)

Hello all,

My first post, but hopefully I can share my research with others as I see many similar questions being asked.

In 2017, if you have a 1st Gen (GD3) Fit and want a keyfob, your only hope is aftermarket

1. The OEM keyless entry kit is gone, none left.
08E60-SLN-300 gone
08E60-SLN-100 gone
08E60-SCV-100 wrong one anyways (honda element, no harness)
08E50-SLN-100 security module, not keyless entry

2. Aftermarket system installation isn't so hard
Here is a thread that has PICTURES! of the plugs you need to tap into.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/audio-...stall-3058457/
I've also attached the pictures so they aren't lost in time like many others

3. Many instructions for honda fit gd3 (2007 - 2008) keyless installs will ask you to use some 40pin connector to the GCM
No idea what this is. Maybe there is a 40pin to the cluster? all my searches show the biggest is a 30pin. Maybe it's near the fuse box.
I just plan on using the plugs in the pics

4. I do not recommend tapping into the door lock/unlock relays directly for your keyless install. Mainly because the ?? cluster?? controls the relays with a timed pulse of lock/unlock. This is most likely to keep the door lock actuators happy. For example: Holding down the normal lock/unlock button only sends a 1 to 2 sec pulse. If you were going to trigger the relays directly, you would need to emulate this pulse to prevent sad actuators.

Also fyi, there are 3 relays, 1 lock, 1 driver unlock, 1 rest-of-car unlock (they are on the top right of the driver fuse box - grey in color)
They are also chained together, so that missing a relay disables another.
(They are 5 pin, when the relay isn't triggered, the 5th pin provides power for the next relay, so without the 1st, the 2nd has no power to do it's thing)

I plan to do this install myself soon, need to pick a nice aftermarket system that just does keyless (don't need remote start, don't know if I want security)

Attached Thumbnails GD3 Keyless Entry Info (2017)-t_12v_6267.jpg   GD3 Keyless Entry Info (2017)-t_horn_6267.jpg   GD3 Keyless Entry Info (2017)-t_parkl1_6267.jpg   GD3 Keyless Entry Info (2017)-t_pl_6267.jpg  
Old 07-19-2017, 11:42 AM
I have an OEM kit, AND the OEM security add on! It will be for sale shortly, I can send link once the ad is up!

Old 07-20-2017, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by PaceP
I have an OEM kit, AND the OEM security add on! It will be for sale shortly, I can send link once the ad is up!

i will buy it just lmk when you are ready

Old 04-30-2018, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Aftermarket keyless

I added a $12.00 keyless kit from eBay wired it to the pw door master switch in drivers door can only lock/ unlock all 4 doors and hatch every time but it works for me.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by vic831
I added a $12.00 keyless kit from eBay wired it to the pw door master switch in drivers door can only lock/ unlock all 4 doors and hatch every time but it works for me.
Hoping you could help me out. I also bought a universal keyless kit and can't get it to work. Any chance you could share specifics on how you wired yours. Which wire is the PW door master switch?

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-29-2018, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jokled
Hoping you could help me out. I also bought a universal keyless kit and can't get it to work. Any chance you could share specifics on how you wired yours. Which wire is the PW door master switch?

Thanks in advance!
what year is your fit? The factory add on kit for a 2007-08 fit base is no longer available but is apparently very easy to install maybe 1 hour time. My install would take you several hours depending on your expertise. You will have to remove the drivers door panel and run the 2 positive and 2 negative wires thru the door jam and tap into the wires directly on either side of the power door master switch. I mounted the receiver above the kick panel to the left of the fuse box and ran the blinking light wire that came with my kit up to the A pillar window so it looks like an alarm when it’s locked. You will need an add a fuse kit from a parts store and tap into an unused constantly hot spot on the fuse box and run the ground to the bolt behind the drivers kick panel.

like I stated if you read the oem factory add on keyless directions available on line you can see it is very easy to install ie plug and play. These aftermarket kits have very basic wiring diagrams with no directions provided and in contrast difficult to install.

I spent hours trying to hook up to the actuators in the drivers door trying to just unlock the drivers door but I was not successful. I can only lock and unlock all the doors and hatch with the remote because I am sending power directly to the p door switch from the fuse box via the receiver using the remote. My remote is a very simple 2 button fob and I did not hook up any other features from the kit.
let me add this: I went to the junk yard thinking I could remove the receiver from a fit sport with the wiring harness like the one seen in the directions for the oem add on kit. The receiver looks a lot like the aftermarket kit receiver but there is no harness to remove; the sport model wiring is all integrated into the vehicle harness and not removable.

Good luck with your install. You may be able to print this write up for the ideas and take it to a stereo installer or similar person and let them put it in for you if you don’t have the work space or ability to intall it yourself.

Last edited by vic831; 10-01-2018 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Clarity
Old 09-29-2018, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by vic831

what year is your fit? The factory add on kit for a 2007-08 fit base is no longer available but is apparently very easy to install maybe 1 hour time. My install would take you several hours depending on your expertise. You will have to remove the drivers door panel and run the 2 positive and 2 negative wires thru the door jam and tap into the wires directly on either side of the power door master switch. I mounted the receiver above the kick panel to the left of the fuse box and ran the blinking light wire that came with my kit up to the A pillar window so it looks like an alarm when it’s locked. You will need an add a fuse kit from a parts store and tap into an unused constantly hot spot on the fuse box and run the ground to the bolt behind the drivers kick panel.

like I stated if you read the factory keyless directions available on line you can see it is very easy to add. These eBay kits have very basic wiring diagrams with no directions provided.

I spent hours trying to hook up to the actuators in the drivers door trying to just unlock the drivers door but I was not successful. I can only lock and unlock all the doors and hatch with the remote because I am sending power directly to the p door switch from the fuse box via the receiver using the remote. My remote is a very simple 2 button fob and I did not hook up any other features from the kit.
let me add this: I went to the junk yard thinking I could remove the receiver from a fit sport with the wiring harness like the one seen in the directions for the oem add on kit. The receiver looks a lot like the eBay kit receiver but there is no harness to remove the sport model wiring is all integrated into the vehicle harness and not removable.

Good luck with your install. You may be able to print this write up for the ideas and take it to a stereo installer or similar person and let them put it in for you if you don’t have the work space or ability to intall it yourself.
Wow thanks for the info.

I have an 08 base model. I bought it with an aftermarket Karr keyless and security system. It worked ok but I stopped using it since it the fob sucked up batteries so quickly. Then eventually, I lost the fob.

It had a single wire (negative door input) connected to two diodes. One diode goes to green (door trigger for driver's door), and one side goes to purple (passenger door trigger). I figured it'd be fairly simple to install a new system just using one wire to these door triggers like the old Karr system did. However I can't get it to work using this system I grabbed on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HB5M5R2#Askhttps://www.amazon.com/FICBOX-Universal-Vehicle-Keyless-Central/dp/B01HB5M5R2?keywords=keyless+entry+system&qid=15382 78377&sr=8-8&ref=mp_s_a_1_8

I was hoping to not spend much but like you said maybe someone at a local stereo may have ideas. I feel like I'm close and that it should work since I had the previous system to copy but I'm not sure what's wrong. My fobs are activating the new system brain and it sounds like it's triggering but the car locks do nothing.

If with that info you have any other ideas is appreciate it. Thanks for your time for responding. Very kind of you.