1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Power window problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
Power window problem

Hey everyone! I am having a severe problem with my passenger side power window.

Here's the break down of the problem:
got the recall for the master switch, the one that fixes the problem of them catching on fire.

I go to Williamsburg, VA, windows work just fine, all go up and down easily. No noises, no grinding sounds, normal.

Get to Williamsburg, park, and then go back to my car and the front passenger window doesn't go up, only down. All the other windows operate normally.

Give it a day, front passenger window then goes up and down normally.

Next day, I roll the window down slightly, doesn't go back up. Leave it alone for the rest of the drive. Get back to my home the next day and the switch doesn't roll the window up or down.

Month later, finally able to get the switch replaced. Replace the passenger front switch, window goes down, but not up.

Next day, I get a new regulator and motor, thinking it was one or the other. Put the new motor and regulator in, same issue. No up, only down.

Move to testing the wiring. Start on the passenger side, no power to the "up" wires from the grey connecter that plugs into the switch. Power to all other slots of the connecter.

Move to the master switch, all slots light up. BUT, the doors don't lock with the switch, only unlock.

Move to the fuse box, all fuses test positive for current with the test light.

So, at this point I've tried literally everything I can think of and now I have no clue what to do. Are there any relays I should try? Are there other wires im missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all!!

Old 02-09-2019, 08:38 PM
Window fix

I am having the same issue with my passenger side windows and the master door lock switch. I ve chased all the wiring, tested the switch and motor with the fuses. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

Old 02-10-2019, 02:47 AM
Window Issue

The issue im having is all my windows besides the driver side will roll up so slow when it reaches half way any help to fix this issue Thx!

Old 02-10-2019, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
Fist two posters did you check a power to the window motor with doors closed or open?? The broken wire in the rubber bellows (body to the door) may give intermittent operation (works when door is open, not work when door is closed!)
I found semi-broken wires where they are entering tailgate on my car

Old 02-10-2019, 09:58 AM
I ve chased all the wiring down and it was good. I replaced the master switch with a used one and exact same issue but now the right rear will roll down but not up. I just ordered a new master switch from the switch doctor. If that doesn't work it can go to Honda to be diagnosed.