1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Base vs Sport - differences (GD)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
Just to clear one false statement...

You can beat the ever loving hell out of the rev limiter on an automatic Sport with the shifter in S with paddles active. It will NOT upshift but will downshift at low enough speeds. The only Fits will paddles at this time that will upshift are CVT equipped GK5s.

Other than that and the fact that Base models are roughly 30 to 40 lbs lighter their Sport counter part.

Additional oddities... Blackberry Pearl and Blaze Orange Metallic cars are Sport only in US markets and for 2007 only Lunar Mist Metallic was available only as a Base mode like previously mentioned.

Old 04-15-2023, 01:08 AM
Funny, I have the base model with steel rims and hub caps but I do have cruise control and also I have a CD player.
I’m not too sure what trim I have, can someone shed some light on this. Thanks so much.

Old 04-15-2023, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Johnk_1
Funny, I have the base model with steel rims and hub caps but I do have cruise control and also I have a CD player.
I’m not too sure what trim I have, can someone shed some light on this. Thanks so much.
I believe they all have a CD player. Sport added two more speakers, higher wattage amplifier, and an aux port so you can play music from your phone, ipod, etc.

Are the controls for your cruise control part of the steering wheel? If not, it may be an aftermarket add on. Other possibility would be if your Fit was not originally sold in the US. Other markets had different trim levels/options.

Old 04-15-2023, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Johnk_1
Oh, I see in another post by you that your Fit is a 2012. That makes it a GE not a GD. This is the GD section and the Sport vs Base info here applies only to the GD series of Fits.

Old 04-15-2023, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Oh, I see in another post by you that your Fit is a 2012. That makes it a GE not a GD. This is the GD section and the Sport vs Base info here applies only to the GD series of Fits.
i apologies for posting in the wrong area, I will make certain that future post will be in the GE section . Thank you very much

Old 06-18-2023, 04:43 PM
Old thread, but I want to clarify that while Base trims don't have an aux port, they have the same hardware to support an aux port.

You can easily buy an aux port (~$20) on ebay and install one yourself as it plugs directly into the back of the radio which is easily accessible via behind the glove compartment box.

Furthermore if you're handy with tools, you could drill a hole into the center console to install the aux port to match how it is on the sport trim.

That's how I have it done on my base model. Works perfectly.