1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Radio Problem - NO CODE message

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 03:34 PM
Radio Problem - NO CODE message

2007 Honda Fit Sport owner here. Accidentally disconnected the battery this morning and I'm now getting a "NO CODE" message on the radio.
I do have the five digit security code, but when I enter it, it then spells out ENTER CODE as I enter the digits and then says CODE ERROR after I put the fifth digit in.
I've disconnected the battery a couple of times with the same result.
Any fix here? I'd like to avoid the dealer if at all possible, but the thought of my commute without a radio makes me break into hives!
Thank you!

Old 01-20-2018, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
I hope it's not, but it could be the possibility the code entered was incorrect? You can verify if the code given to you is correct by going here: https://radio-navicode.honda.com/.

Old 01-20-2018, 04:01 PM
Thanks - did verify at the website and I have the correct code. :-(
That said, it came back with the code I had plus an add'l four digit code (which I have never seen/used).
The four digit code has a 7 in it so I don't think it's intended to be input.
I've used the five digit code I have with no issues in the past.

Old 01-26-2018, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
This had this happened too after battery disconnecting. In my case it has to do something with panel (key pad). I made several attempts, than waited for hour (per manual) and was able to enter the code as outside temperature went higher during the day.
The keypad and LCD screen are incorporated in the panel (which plugs into the radio like a detachable face). So in theory if error persists, the panel has to be replaced (I 'll do it due to de-laminated LCD screen)

Old 01-26-2018, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
I agree with the good Doctor. I just had to enter mine a few weeks ago. It came back with the same error message the first time I entered it. I know I entered it correctly. However, when I tried it a second time, I slowly and methodically pressed each button. It worked. My five digit code was accepted. I hope that it works for you.