1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Info on DBW setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 08:00 PM
Info on DBW setup

First post here:

I'm looking to get some information on how the electronic throttle is wired into the GD Fit. Is it part of the engine harness or is it part of a different harness?

Why I'm asking is because I am looking to swap the L15a1 (or possibly the L15a7) into my 2000 Honda Insight. I currently have removed all the hybrid bits and built a custom turbo kit running 10psi boost, all controlled by a Megasquirt 2 ECU. It's a pretty fun set up but I really want to swap an L15 in with a turbo. As of now I'm not entirely sold on sticking with the Honda ECU and may end up using Megasquirt, but am leaning pretty heavily on stock ecu + Flashpro (or Ktuner if going with L15a7). I also need to ask because I don't have a Fit I'm able to just go look at and no "pick n pull" type junk yards, so will be buying parts on ebay or just telling a person at the counter of a junk yard what parts I need.

Thanks so much!

Worth noting is that I will buy a service manual for whichever year range Fit engine I decide to go with, as of now it seems like the 07-08 will be much easier to use.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
Sounds like a fun project!

I don't know the answer for sure, but it certainly appears to be tied in to the engine harness. The large plug feeds into the same thing as the fuel injectors and other sensors.

If there are pics that I can take to help, please let me know.

I'm sure you already know about LHT Performance. I don't know how much information is out there, but they have done K and L swaps into the Insight. Might be a good place to start.