1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Need some help please - Seicane

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Need some help please - Seicane

Howdy all,
I ordered a Android head unit form the folks from Seicane for my US Market Honda GD3 Fit.
When I initially submitted my order, they asked for a pic of my current head unit so naturally assumed that they would send the right one.
Upon setting up the new head unit, I came across the issue where the USDM Fit has this passenger airbag on the left and the AC/Rear Defrost button on the right.
The AC and Defrost units are single piece with a single connector on back for both.

My hope is somebody on this forum and lives outside the USA where the Jazz is sold could drop by a local salvage yard and pull the single unit AC and Defrost units with the connectors and as much wire as they can cut out so I can wire in that setup. I would just stick the Airbag indicator behind the dash because it needs to be connected or you deal with the red airbag indicator on main cluster.
I will attach some pics for reference.
Thank you to anybody that is willing to help me get these parts.
Dean

Last edited by Dean; 09-23-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:18 AM
I am confused. isn't the USD switch also a "single".. (Well my cdn one is, single switch, with one connector)...

Old 10-29-2018, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Well, in the USofA, as you can see in the pics above, the passenger airbag indicator sits on the left side of circ/recirc slider and the the AC and Rear Defrost live on the right side.
They are about 35-40% wider than the Jazz as well.
Here is a pic of the JDM/UK/Asia Jazz for reference.

Old 10-30-2018, 11:36 AM
oh sorry my bad, I misunderstood your 1st post..

Old 02-04-2019, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
for those of you that are finding this thread by searching Seicane...
Please take my word and don't buy anything form these people. I bought my Android Head Unit on Sept 13th and have spent months writing emails back an forth with 75% of their responses being less than 4 words that had zero to do with why I sent the emails? I got half dozen+ responses stating 'This will work' as the contents of the entire email.

Unless you are in to spending a ton of money getting the right parts(AC and Defrost), rewiring your factory wire to accommodate the new switches, rewiring the harness supplied with seicane HU and just a myriad of headaches, please don't try this.
Updates with pics soon.

Hated the silver cluster and decided to paint to a closer color to dash.

Last edited by Dean; 02-04-2019 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Well after months of trials and tribulations, modifications, buying and waiting months for a complete cluster from a Jazz owner from Israel... I finally took the time to install the head unit in to my Fit along with some replacement blaupunkt speakers in all four doors. Everything works; the android head unit boots up quicker than I expected, it has OBDII wifi, Apple CarPlay, BlueTooth connectivity, etc. It sounds much better than stock but needs a subwoofer but I'm not too sure I want to deal wth all that due to I use this quite often as a 'mule'.
It's not a perfect fit and the paint I chose for plastics isn't a perfect match but it looks much better in person than in this pic.
I truly believe that this may be one of the very few(if any?) LHD GD3 Honda Fit's with this Seicane head unit installed?

Last edited by Dean; 03-10-2020 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
I was under the impression that the Seicane headunit doesn't fit the USDM honda fit dash beause it's shaped differently. I just ordered an EANON android dual din headunit to drop into the Scocshe fit dash panel. It was easier than dealing with a different unit.

Old 03-29-2019, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
It didn’t fit at all... lots of updates and trimming needed.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:31 PM
Hey i had something similar hppen i just go mine from ali express nd the seller does not want to return, i guess i will have to retrofit. do you think it can be transfered to the

SCOSCHE HA1558B 2007-08 Honda Double DIN or DIN w/Pocket Install Dash Kit

maybe it might be easier than getting a new cluster and rewiring

Old 03-10-2020, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rickygars
Hey i had something similar hppen i just go mine from ali express nd the seller does not want to return, i guess i will have to retrofit. do you think it can be transfered to the

SCOSCHE HA1558B 2007-08 Honda Double DIN or DIN w/Pocket Install Dash Kit

maybe it might be easier than getting a new cluster and rewiring
With a bunch of trimming I’m sure it could be possible but just keep in mind, there is no trim bezel provided with the HU so your cuts would have to be spot on. Can you link me to where you bought yours? I sent them an email about providing the .apk so I can update my Android OS on mine and or just selling me just the updated unit if it would screw in to my console.

Old 03-10-2020, 02:10 PM
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...59d04c4dh4qr3t

this is the one i bought 8 core, ips

yeah thats what i thought i am talking to them to see if they can send me a connection cable.

Old 03-10-2020, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...59d04c4dh4qr3t

this is the one i bought 8 core, ips

yeah thats what i thought i am talking to them to see if they can send me a connection cable.
talking to AliExpress or Seicane? If Seicane, good luck with that... Make sure you write up your emails in small words and very short sentences and prepare yourself for responses with three words or less.

Old 03-10-2020, 02:29 PM
haha you are right dude not seicane, its tv navi, the guy is very responsive but doesnt want to refund me

this is the thread im in bold.

Hello there,1. This version of the plug is special for this car. I will give you the definition of our power cord. You can try to connect it, or give us some time to make a suitable cable for you, but you have to pay 15 dollars.2. Regarding the frame problem, it seems that there is a different position in the lower left corner. Please try to solve the problem by cutting the frame.Thank you!

this is supposed to fit on the car I don't understand why I have to cut the car to fit
Read

This is a definition picture of our power cord.

also the ac buttons don't work
Read
what am I supposed to do about that; if you market it for the Honda fit 2007 make sure it fits correctly??
Read
also I'm supposed to pay for something that suppose to be included with the part! ?
Read
I'm happy to return to you the part and get partial refund
Read
I want something that works

Read

I think we can find the power cord, because you provided the picture of the plug, but the AC button you said doesn't work, I don't quite understand it, because it is the button of your original car, you only need to click on our frame. .

your ac button hole is smaller and the power does not fit
Read
check second picture
Read
compare to yours

Read

This is not realistic because postage is too expensive, maybe you should find a professional to install it.
Can cut our frame

it's not my fault you market something for a car that does not work
Read
I have 2007 Honda fit and it doesn't fit
Read

You can search for this product, all are the same as our framework, so your car version is really special.

no it's not it's a USA 2007 Honda fit sport
Read
all the same your must be for another car

Read

So you need to change our frame to fit your car

Asian market or euro
Read
but your ad didn't say that
Read
it says 2007 Honda fit
Read
is the radio double din? can I get the adapter

Read

Now it's a question of the frame, and the problem of the cable may be easy to solve.
12:13

how to solve it
Read
your unit is very special and moving it is very hard
Read
it's not double din

Read

There are no more double dins now.
Tomorrow, my friend, China is almost 12:30 in the morning
as you can see they just want me do the work ugh not gonna buy anything else from china lesson learned.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Talking

haha you are right dude not seicane, its tv navi, the guy is very responsive but doesnt want to refund me

this is the thread im in bold.

Hello there,1. This version of the plug is special for this car. I will give you the definition of our power cord. You can try to connect it, or give us some time to make a suitable cable for you, but you have to pay 15 dollars.2. Regarding the frame problem, it seems that there is a different position in the lower left corner. Please try to solve the problem by cutting the frame.Thank you!

this is supposed to fit on the car I don't understand why I have to cut the car to fit
Read

This is a definition picture of our power cord.

also the ac buttons don't work
Read
what am I supposed to do about that; if you market it for the Honda fit 2007 make sure it fits correctly??
Read
also I'm supposed to pay for something that suppose to be included with the part! ?
Read
I'm happy to return to you the part and get partial refund
Read
I want something that works

Read

I think we can find the power cord, because you provided the picture of the plug, but the AC button you said doesn't work, I don't quite understand it, because it is the button of your original car, you only need to click on our frame. .

your ac button hole is smaller and the power does not fit
Read
check second picture
Read
compare to yours

Read

This is not realistic because postage is too expensive, maybe you should find a professional to install it.
Can cut our frame

it's not my fault you market something for a car that does not work
Read
I have 2007 Honda fit and it doesn't fit
Read

You can search for this product, all are the same as our framework, so your car version is really special.

no it's not it's a USA 2007 Honda fit sport
Read
all the same your must be for another car

Read

So you need to change our frame to fit your car

Asian market or euro
Read
but your ad didn't say that
Read
it says 2007 Honda fit
Read
is the radio double din? can I get the adapter

Read

Now it's a question of the frame, and the problem of the cable may be easy to solve.
12:13

how to solve it
Read
your unit is very special and moving it is very hard
Read
it's not double din

Read

There are no more double dins now.
Tomorrow, my friend, China is almost 12:30 in the morning
as you can see they just want me do the work ugh not gonna buy anything else from china lesson learned.
I knew this long before buying Fit!
Everyone likes to get good and cheap parts, but ending up wasting their money~!
I've bought a key blank made in China and it seems to work, but the amount of efforts I've spend on researching about fixing my lock and cutting key is not acceptable by 95% of this forum users (who tend to waste their time with Cappuccino from Starbucks behind the laptop). And considering hostile driving and parking environment, I would not bother to put any aftermarket radio in my car, only dash cam and turret laser gun for defense against the enraged drivers

Old 04-01-2020, 09:21 AM

Managed to attach it to the scoche trim kit, with super glue and epoxy. came out alright!! the USB does not work for some reason I have to take it out and see if it's plugged in correctly , TBH too much trouble for the price lol. First picture is final product!

Old 04-01-2020, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Well, that looks pretty good in the pics. 👍🏻
Yours was way less work than mine...
What are your thoughts on the HU design, functionality and performance?

Old 04-01-2020, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Dean
Well, that looks pretty good in the pics. 👍🏻
Yours was way less work than mine...
What are your thoughts on the HU design, functionality and performance?
its pretty good , Bluetooth is great , its fast, only two nitpicks are the volume buttons are finicky, the usb don't work at the moment I am gonna take it apart and see what the problem is,
it has wifi, 32 gig storage, android 9, google play store, GPS, I didn't put a camera cause I was kinda tired lol, and im getting a new back emblem for the car since I just for it painted so I am gonna have to take the trunk apart soon, so ill do it then lol. did you do a back up camera? unlucky that there arent any tutorials on this.

Old 04-01-2020, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I installed the backup camera a while after the base head installation. It’s very handy. My biggest peeve was the lack of power where I had to turn it up to 1/3-1/2 vol to hear it on the freeway. Ended up installing a ‘peanut’ amp under the passenger seat and included a small sub in the back. There is an option to program a remote volume to these so if you happen to have a spare remote you might be able to program that. If you pull down from top, you have pull up the volume slider bar which is just as entering at times depending on the smoothness of the road you might be driving down.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:11 PM
My unit is loud, but i am not a sound guy, I sounds great on YT vids and podcasts lol, I will definitely look into the remote route! haha I had no idea!