2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex supercharger IS AVAILABLE!(GE8)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Yes, it is in regard to the compressor type and blade design. I've always liked superchargers opposed to (but not against) turbochargers due to the their instantaneous response. Yes, turbocharging can yield more power and/or almost seamless throttle response depending on the configuration (see N54/N55 powered BMWs for example) but I don't want to have to go through all the headache of fabbing up a turbocharging system.

I just want a little more mid-range torque and power while maintaining an all motor like throttle response then I'll be good... plus I'm addicted to supercharger whine.

Originally Posted by BMW APLINA
and I "think" I also understand the meaning of "Kthanxbai"
YUS... Childish quarrels bringing important threads off topic? Ain't no body got time for that.

Anyway, still eager to hear your response rpmextreme.

[/back on topic please]

Last edited by Hootie; 09-21-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Fixed typos due to rushing to wash Fit before sundown.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rpmextreme
US BETA test car is on the way from Detroit to my shop for further abuse.
Why detroit when my car is sitting over here in Charlotte. You can borrow it for a month if it comes back with a blower. Ill even give you a grand.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Why detroit ....
That's what I was thinking too.

Weird how it hasn't been tested on a USDM yet, but you can put down a deposit, etc... not being a naysayer, hopefully this is just a technicality to see if there's any bugs, and then it can be released to the public.

Also curious if there will be a "high-boost" kit, and if it's just limited to the first 13 units.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
Is there any difference between this one being discuss in this thread and the one offer on Andy Auto Sport? Sorry been reading this just ever so often when it starts up again.

07-up Honda Fit Supercharger Kits from Sprintex at Andy's Auto Sport

Old 09-28-2013, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
That one seems to be for non-USDM versions of the Fit (as in, the page specifies Jazz not Fit). It most likely doesn't handle the EGR present in USDM Fits. That version of the supercharger has been available for a while.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
Was wondering since they are in California.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
Longest wait everrrrrrrr!!!!

"....My clothes are goin' outa style!"

Old 10-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Car has been here for about a week.
It has been in Michigan for R&D and has been supercharged for 22k miles so far.
So far all I have done is drive it and evaluate it. The real fun will come in the next few weeks.

they are slimming down the unit to fit the hybrid engine also as the hood clearance is a little different.

We are also working on 2 versions. 1 is a "locked" sprintex tune and the other will be a "tuner" version that you can tweak with a laptop.

I have a few questions for you guys.
1. What fuel mileage are you showing on the display?
2. how do you feel about having to run premium fuel with the kit?
3. would you want cold air intakes or high flow exhaust?

Jon www.rpmextreme.com

Old 10-11-2013, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
So far all I have done is drive it and evaluate it. The real fun will come in the next few weeks.

they are slimming down the unit to fit the hybrid engine also as the hood clearance is a little different.

We are also working on 2 versions. 1 is a "locked" sprintex tune and the other will be a "tuner" version that you can tweak with a laptop.

Jon www.rpmextreme.com
Hi Jon,
I am extremely interested in purchasing this Sprintex Supercharger once it had been "developed" with daily reliability as first priority.
I think most people who is willing to buy this sprintex supercharger must be performance oriented meaning they want as much horsepower as possible (while still being reliable for daily use, as most of them use their Honda Fit as daily use).
I don't think they really care too much about fuel mileage and would not mind having to run premium fuel (as least I don't mind).
and
I am also sure they would want to be able to have cold air intakes,
preferably the cold air intakes that already available on the market for stock non supercharged engine, but if your modification require a specific custom cold air intakes, then if it increase the horsepower, I am sure they would be interested.
For exhaust,
I think a cat back exhaust or a straight pipe that remove the second catalytic converter is what most people would desire.
because most people would not want their car to be too loud to drive everyday.
At least for me, I would rather keep my cat back exhaust but will change the secondary cat with a straight pipe while keeping the stock manifold/primary cat intact.
Which one do you think will improve the flow better,
removing the secondary cat ?
or
replacing the cat back exhaust with aftermarket one?

I don't think I want to change the b pipe cause it will make the car sound too loud.

What I really want Sprintex to have is,
the availability of "stage 2" Pulley so it will give higher boost,
and Sprintex can sell this package with higher injector and tune map for this application (complete with the "tuner" version software that can be adjustable later). just slightly more boost but still safe for using stock engine internal.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Exactly what ALPINA said ^^^

Old 10-11-2013, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member

Jon www.rpmextreme.com

Is the 'locked' version for cost reasons? Otherwise it's locked anyway until someone plugs the piggyback into a computer and downloads software plus drivers so what's the point?

1. 33.7 but with a piggyback the gauge stops being accurate anyway so it doesn't matter...

2. People run boost on less than 93?

3. Build our own...

Not that I'm going to buy it Ill take the first used one for 2k. That's the most it's worth to me.

I'm sure you know this but make sure that you are running full base timing via an obd2 scanner when you are setting the ignition timing table. Should be about 22 DBTDC @4000 rpms and 20 DBTDC @6500 RPMS If you are getting less 'pre piggyback' (base) timing than that, you are getting timing pulled due to knock which can fool you into thinking you are pulling enough timing in the table. Pull timing until 'pre piggyback' timing values via obd2 are locked in at 22-20 DBTDC. Until you hit that level you aren't even really subtracting timing because the ecu will add timing once the knocking stops. If you have less than 22-20 DBTDC - You are knocking! This engine could run for a 100k miles occasionaly knocking and pulling timing stock, it does on 87, but not boosted. (Please note these values are based on 14.3 PSIA detected on the MAP sensor, post clamp. If the MAP sees less, max base timing goes up and you have to compensate)

When you consider that the engine, stock, can't even run full timing on 87 octane (only runs about 18 DBTDC) you may have to pull a sizeable amount of timing.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 10-11-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:23 PM
We only have 91 in CA for street cars. So less than 93 isn't out of the question

Old 10-11-2013, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Jon, Thanks for the update. Here is my input:
1. 32-34mpg usually
2. I would expect to run premium, but would like to feel safe on 91 in a pinch
3. I would want the kit to be compatible or tune-able for my existing intake and exhaust mods

Old 10-11-2013, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Who cares about the hybrid engine, let's get these kits out already to people who are willing to test it on there own.

1. Usually around 34-38
2. Who would run a boosted car on anything less???
3. Most people looking to use the sprintex kit already probably have intake and exhaust.

Let's get this going already.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Is the 'locked' version for cost reasons? Otherwise it's locked anyway until someone plugs the piggyback into a computer and downloads software plus drivers so what's the point?

1. 33.7 but with a piggyback the gauge stops being accurate anyway so it doesn't matter...

2. People run boost on less than 93?

3. Build our own...

Not that I'm going to buy it Ill take the first used one for 2k. That's the most it's worth to me.

I'm sure you know this but make sure that you are running full base timing via an obd2 scanner when you are setting the ignition timing table. Should be about 22 DBTDC @4000 rpms and 20 DBTDC @6500 RPMS If you are getting less 'pre piggyback' (base) timing than that, you are getting timing pulled due to knock which can fool you into thinking you are pulling enough timing in the table. Pull timing until 'pre piggyback' timing values via obd2 are locked in at 22-20 DBTDC. Until you hit that level you aren't even really subtracting timing because the ecu will add timing once the knocking stops. If you have less than 22-20 DBTDC - You are knocking! This engine could run for a 100k miles occasionaly knocking and pulling timing stock, it does on 87, but not boosted. (Please note these values are based on 14.3 PSIA detected on the MAP sensor, post clamp. If the MAP sees less, max base timing goes up and you have to compensate)

When you consider that the engine, stock, can't even run full timing on 87 octane (only runs about 18 DBTDC) you may have to pull a sizeable amount of timing.
Thanks for the advice. a lot of data is being collected at this point.

Driveability has been great so far.... my only problem is I have never drove a stock Fit to compare it to. we may have to rent one for a week and do some side by side testing.

The locked version will not be user adjustable. I guess for warranty reasons they don't want guys turning it up and parts flying out the bottom.

The tuner version will be unlocked and can be tweaked. Im sure at that point the end user will be responsible for any damage or driveability issues. As it should be.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Should never have a locked version, its up to the buyers if they want to mess with the tune, and a customer should never be prevented from touching a tune on his vehicle.

Thats kinda like owning a vehicle as a mechanic, yet being forced to take the car to teh dealership for services when the mechanic is fullly capable

Old 10-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by 13fit
Should never have a locked version, its up to the buyers if they want to mess with the tune, and a customer should never be prevented from touching a tune on his vehicle.

Thats kinda like owning a vehicle as a mechanic, yet being forced to take the car to teh dealership for services when the mechanic is fullly capable

I agree and disagree.
Almost all of the supercharger and turbo kits I have installed were a "locked" tune.

If a customer messed with the tune and blew up the engine it would look bad for sprintex.

If you come to me and I tune your car I do not lock the tune because you paid for the tune and its yours. If you buy a kit from me it has a locked tune, I wouldn't want to chase my tail trying to fix an issue down the road because someone decided to add some timing or something. I also would want someone to damage something and then try to blame it on me.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
1. 32.9mpg
2. Premium is fine for a trade off of a little more power.
3. I would like these options if they enhance the performance.

I am just happy that there maybe a bolt on option to increase performance in the future offered here.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
...... they are slimming down the unit to fit the hybrid engine also as the hood clearance is a little different.......

Really?

Old 10-15-2013, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
1. 34-35
2. premiums fine but if possible have a tune that decreases hp if we use less than 91
3. high flow but being in California, that can be a hindrance

Quick Reply: Sprintex supercharger IS AVAILABLE!(GE8)