2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex supercharger IS AVAILABLE!(GE8)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Sprintex supercharger IS AVAILABLE!(GE8)

i was able to get ahold of the main distributor of sprintex superchargers tonight on the phone.

i was told that they do work on the USDM fits with some minor wiring. he will be talking to spintex tomorrow, and will be emailing me info, which i will post on here.

here is what we have to do. he wants us to email him, so he can see how much interest there is for it. he said that if people want it, and the price is good to them, he will bring some in.

his info.

boostec@msn.com is his email address.
Rick Rimmer is his name
mention fitfreak.net when you email him, i, along with someone else he has talked to has mentioned it. this will give him an idea of how many of us there are, and who knows, maybe we can get a group buy to lower the cost of shipping to him from austrialla.

feel free to post up when you email him, as i would like to know how many are intersted.

oh, and the price.......the price he quoted me was around 3200 give or take to get it to him. then, shipping to us.

email away guys!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Damn dude I wish I had this money for it I would be down but then again I think I want boosted instead!! Uh so confused

Old 03-15-2011, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
this is the only thing available right now(from a manufacturerrrrrr)

Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 PM
whats the time were looking at? i might just blow off all my other plans and buy this except for my coils

Old 03-15-2011, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
What the hp gain anyway?

Old 03-15-2011, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Like I said, I won't know more til he emails me after he talks to sprintex. He seemed pretty pumped to bring some in.

Best thing is to send him an email, let him know you want one, mention fitfreak so he knows that we are all communicating to each other about it, and he'll be able to figure some numbers out.

Gains, sprintex video says its takes it up to 160hp. Not sure of anything else.

Ill post up as soon as I hear or get any info.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Well I just emailed !!! Now to wait

Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
subscribed! I cant afford this right now but this is definitely what I want in the future!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Please for the sake of everyone who is genuinely interested, DO NOT contact them unless you are 100% able to buy when the time comes. Being that this is a supercharger, if you want more power (to a point, the limit of the compressor to deliver) as long as you have the fuel system to support it... all you have to do is switch to a smaller pulley, re-tune and you are on your way.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Old 03-15-2011, 10:36 PM
boostec have been carrying the sc that is used on the fit... not the complete fit sc kit.

the sprintex sc has always been available as was discussed on the first sprintex thread... sprintex au has already sent their guy to california to do work on the usdm fit as with other sc on their line up... I have talked to sprintex in au themselves on several occasions and they also have to do a different tune for the usdm

Old 03-15-2011, 10:39 PM
In on Juan...

I don't see any mention of tuning....is this supposed to work with the factory ECU settings?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
boostec have been carrying the sc that is used on the fit... not the complete fit sc kit.

the sprintex sc has always been available as was discussed on the first sprintex thread... sprintex au has already sent their guy to california to do work on the usdm fit as with other sc on their line up... I have talked to sprintex in au themselves on several occasions and they also have to do a different tune for the usdm
So what is the status of their venture to Cali? Any revelations with the USDM ECU?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561

All that and far more is in the other thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker
So what is the status of their venture to Cali? Any revelations with the USDM ECU?
From what I have learned with Lyon's boosted GE, the USDM GEs can be a cruel mistress.

It is a very powerful piece of hardware. Most OE ECMs are more capable when hacked than most any aftermarket standalone.

I realize this isn't a helpful post lol If you have any specific questions he or I would be happy to help try and fill in the blanks till there is official word.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Please for the sake of everyone who is genuinely interested, DO NOT contact them unless you are 100% able to buy when the time comes. Being that this is a supercharger, if you want more power (to a point, the limit of the compressor to deliver) as long as you have the fuel system to support it... all you have to do is switch to a smaller pulley, re-tune and you are on your way.
THIS! I know alot of people are interested but please don't "commit" to buy and back out when you actually have to pay...gives us a bad name...I too am guilty of this, sad to say.

I really am interested in this kit though...I'm starting to save up now!

Old 03-16-2011, 05:56 AM
5 Year Member
Rick mentioned that the complete SC kit, was available, and is able to work on are fits. This could change when he talks to the guys at sprintex au. When I hear from rick again, ill inform.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by sandblasted
Rick mentioned that the complete SC kit, was available, and is able to work on are fits. This could change when he talks to the guys at sprintex au. When I hear from rick again, ill inform.
JDM yes, it's been installed on a number of Fits in AU and China. but USDM no... but that could have already changed. You talked to Rick from boostec which is an authorized dealer in the US. Call Sprintex in AU... ask for Mark.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:41 AM
DSC
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
From what I have learned with Lyon's boosted GE, the USDM GEs can be a cruel mistress.
That would be my main concern. I'd like to know to about tuning before sending an email.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
Well i just sent an email asking simple questions , not promising that I was gonna buy it like tomorrow !! Just showed some simple interested and requested stats so we will see !

Quick Reply: Sprintex supercharger IS AVAILABLE!(GE8)