2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

AT Fit Motor Swap

Old 01-27-2012, 01:03 AM
AT Fit Motor Swap

To the people who have Honda Fits with an automatic transmission...has anyone thought about doing a motor swap but keeping it automatic. Everyone has there own reason for purchasing a Fit with the AT. What about swapping like a K24 from an Accord, CR-V, or TSX into a Fit? I believe they are all auto but you would get the HP and Torque of the larger displacement while not having to mess with piping, intercoolers, and turbo clutter. Before all the MT guys chime in, don't the AT guys deserve POWER! also.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator
It could done, maybe. Guys swap the v6 (Jswap) and keep it auto into ther civics, thats though because the manuals are very rare and hard to come buy. I don't know if the auto trans is bigger, if it is they is a good chance it wont fit. If it does then you will probably need custom axles and trans mount. Then there is getting the auto shifter mounted into the Fit. And the wiring... I don't even want to think of what kind of a wiring nightmare it might be to get it to all work.

I'm not saying its imposible but there literally is no info out ther about doing this kind of a swap into a Fit so you would be the trail blazer

Last edited by MNfit; 01-27-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:25 PM
^ what he said. its not that people are against AT per say, its that they're a bit more complicated then a manual.

also honestly the majority of people seeking out to do an engine swap are more lenient towards manuals, base mainly on personal preferance so your swap and keeping it AT resources and informantion will be limit somewhat.

dont let that stop you though if you really want to do it. go right ahead.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Maybe some day I will get the Fit where I want it. I am going to start with the handling. I always thought the Fit was a great go-cart and I am just going to make it better.