2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed *Pics and Vid*

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MADMAN-_-zZ
I didn't think they did FMIC on screw types? would it fit on before the compressor?(I dont see much gain that way)
You can, but not really in this application. Instead of having the blower mounted to the intake manifold, you attach a collector to the bottom of the blower that adapts to standard charge pipe and and then hook that to the intercooler and then finally run from the intercooler back to the stock intake manifold. I don't think there's enough room underneath the hood. Mounting would also be difficult since its currently mounted on the intake manifld itself

Old 05-21-2012, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
Water/Meth injection will end up being the best option. The fifth injector also helps cooling a little

Old 05-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Water/Meth injection will end up being the best option. The fifth injector also helps cooling a little
This is what I was going to post.

I would do just straight water pre-blower in this case.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Well I'd like to bring the kit up to 10psi but I have no idea on tuning this piggyback, when I get the software I'll have a look around, any of you guys wouldn't know a good website that goes through a lot of this would you?

Old 05-22-2012, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I would do just straight water pre-blower in this case.
You could replace the 5th injector with water injection and then upgrade the four normal injectors to compensate. Not sure if this might work, I saw it done on another forum (Mitsubishi I think) where the SC was also mounted directly to the engine with no option for an intercooler.

I also read that if you are using only water injection as a charge cooler, there is no need to tune for it. And it would also be safer, just in case something goes wrong with the water injection.

This might all be nonsense, so someone with more knowledge please chime in

Old 05-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by -DJM-
You could replace the 5th injector with water injection and then upgrade the four normal injectors to compensate. Not sure if this might work, I saw it done on another forum (Mitsubishi I think) where the SC was also mounted directly to the engine with no option for an intercooler.

I also read that if you are using only water injection as a charge cooler, there is no need to tune for it. And it would also be safer, just in case something goes wrong with the water injection.

This might all be nonsense, so someone with more knowledge please chime in
Actually, its better to leave the 5th injector, as the fuel also helps cool.

I had a similar setup in my last car, 2003 corolla with a TRD root s/c, that I ran a little under 12psi with. I went with a snow performance kit. Very high quality, and activated using an adjustable pressure switch. It was simple, reliable, and worked perfectly.

As for what mixture to use, you'll have to do a little research. I always used your standard blue washer fluid, as it was very close to the optimal mixture for my application.

The only drawback is it is very corrosive. I had to clean my throttle body, and idle air valve regularly.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:15 PM
I will say again, that I very strongly insist you stick to just water injection pre-compressor till you are more familiar with your setup.

Gasoline is not nearly as good a liquid intercooler as an alcohol or water.

As noted by Schoat, and my own experience agrees.. the methanol is especially corrosive.

This is a picture of a brand new throttle body elbow after only 2 gals of 50/50 water/meth and you can see it starting to pit the aluminum.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bear in mind that is a very large injector though (625cc/min @ 150psi)

I've been using water/methanol/ethanol for years as liquid intercooling. Great stuff, keeps the head clean too. Can cut IATs on high boost applications by as much or more than 200*F (~95-100*C or more)

Allows you to run leaner, with more spark advance on greater boost. Think race fuel tune on pump gas.

But cut your teeth just spraying water for now. If you dont have one already get yourself a WideBand UEGO (oxygen sensor) and an EGT would be a good tool to have as well.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Nice Setup looks amazing! Vids!!!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by E85K24
Nice Setup looks amazing! Vids!!!
there is a video on the previous page

Old 05-23-2012, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
I've been reading a little about positive displacement superchargers.. I would have read more but it has been hard to find very much and the guys that know and understand this stuff are real assholes and won't tell you a damned thing or they'll sell you a book for a lot that tells you a little bit... This type of supercharger likes rich mixtures, with A/F ratio of 11.4 to1 as a starting point when tuning... What sucks is that you will need to spend a couple of hundred dollars for an A/F ratio gauge and more likely than not the Sprintex kit has got a safe decent performing tune already.... A brand new supercharger is going to run especially hot and will run cooler when broken in.... Sprintex has been slow to get their product on the market probably because they needed time to get it right and we're already being nit picky... I'll even admit to contributing to jumping the gun with comments about a product I know very little about... It is obvious that the fifth injector is mounted where it is to aid in cooling the intake of the compressor which is a pretty clever way of cooling the beast without the need of a mess of wires, pipe,and fans.... If it does get too hot when sitting in traffic, venting the hood helps quite a bit... MADMAN will probably be very pleased with the power and I apologize if I have caused him any anxiety about his really neat addition to his car

Old 05-23-2012, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Texas Coyote, thanks for the info, I will be purchasing a A/FR gauge soon, and I have received an interesting email from sprintex, the rep said that they are sending me software, A tune and other bits to work with! I'm wonder what the tune is I'm hoping it's an in house performance tune because the current tune is made for fuel efficiency supposedly, Says that I will receive it this week

Old 05-23-2012, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
If you dont have one already get yourself a WideBand UEGO (oxygen sensor)
This! You are just tuning in the dark without it.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:26 PM
I wonder if that could be installed in a 1st gen (GD3...) Fit! I, too, think it could be awesome if used in conjunction with, say a KraftWerk kit, a large FMIC, a built motor and Meth Injection...

...if i had a shitload of money....

Marko!

Old 06-16-2012, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
I really like the way this system looks.... surprised there is no one in the states with one yet (that we know of). I'd like to see it work with the GD of course

The system reminds me more of the Magnuson SC on my Grand Prix

ie:

Name:  IMG_0031.jpg
Views: 2510
Size:  105.2 KB

Old 07-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Currently limited to 7psi but this pulley can run 10psi, I will have to learn a few things and do some research, Sprintex are sending me the software for their Piggyback unit
are you sure the stock pulley can run 10 psi ?

because i was about to change to 11 psi pulley..

but i'm using Dastek Unichip Q+ piggyback, not powerlab like they sent me

well i want to share my GB3 (same engine with GE8) with Sprintex 7 psi kit + Cooling mist WMI (www.coolingmist.com)

HP

Torque

Well this is my car on Indonesian forum click here

still using K&N Replacement filter (soon change to custom open air filter with HKS 15cm suction)

If WMI off : 160 HP and 170 Torque.. (WMI = 50% water + 50% methanol) methanol are pretty cheap in indonesia, cost around US$ 1,3 / litre

anyone here knows the exact limitation of the Li5A AT transmission maximum HP can handle ? i heard around 180HP, is that right ?

Last edited by jozzy; 07-02-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Sprintex confirmed 10psi on the stock pulley with me over email, I am still waiting to hear back from them about sending me other stuff, they seem to be ignoring me for a month now which isn't good, so i will have to make a call this week

Old 07-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Sprintex confirmed 10psi on the stock pulley with me over email, I am still waiting to hear back from them about sending me other stuff, they seem to be ignoring me for a month now which isn't good, so i will have to make a call this week
means 0,68 bar.. sounds delicious around 175-180 hp is enough for me..

my friend on GB3 also put hks turbo and put max boost at 0,8, because i heard it may be great damage on the AT over 180 hp...

Old 07-02-2012, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jozzy
If WMI off : 160 HP and 170 Torque..
Are these figures on the wheels?

I see that you have intake and exhaust mods as well. If your power and torque figures are on the wheels, it would mean they make quite a difference on an SC setup.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Im hoping that after I get new exhaust system I will gain power from the SC, I still crave some more power out of it :P

Old 07-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by -DJM-
Are these figures on the wheels?

I see that you have intake and exhaust mods as well. If your power and torque figures are on the wheels, it would mean they make quite a difference on an SC setup.
nope mate, its on engine (dyno roller)

well the exhaust mod i think gave me around 8-10 HP gain

Im hoping that after I get new exhaust system I will gain power from the SC, I still crave some more power out of it :P
what diametres of your piping would be mate? 2,5" ?

well i confirmed that sprintex default pulley can run up to 10 psi, but now i'm confused how to get there.. some people said that i must remove the restrictor, and i confused which part of it..
and one more thing, should i put an intercooler when i want to change, let say 0,7 bar (10 psi) boost ? cause some of my friend said i dont need to..

when i see the kraftwerks sc on GD8, the high boost kit includes the intercooler, but since the structure quite different with sprintex, it makes me confuse now hahaha

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed *Pics and Vid*