2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed *Pics and Vid*

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Sprintex Supercharger Installed *Pics and Vid*

Pics up first!

Parts to install:

Before:

Cowl removed:

Filter and shield removed:

Intake Manifold removed:

New intake Manifold Installed:

Supercharger in place:

Part way through wiring piggyback to ECU:

All neat n tidy:

Filter n box back in:

All back together:

Looks so quick and easy when you view the pictures in steps

Ended up taking me about 6hrs to complete and the instructions were very clear and easy to follow and everything fit nicely no banging and hacking things, After I put it all back it started first go and I took it for a little spin and its running nice.

Here is the first start up vid:
Sprintex Supercharger GE8 First startup after install - YouTube

Any requests for info/Video welcome!

Old 05-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Need a video of the 0 to 60 of course. And how much did it cost overall?

Old 05-19-2012, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome! Congrats on being the first GE8 (that I've seen on here at least) to install the Sprintex S/C state side.

What type of blower is that? Roots or screw type?

Old 05-20-2012, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Awesome! Congrats on being the first GE8 (that I've seen on here at least) to install the Sprintex S/C state side.

What type of blower is that? Roots or screw type?
Thats not a usdm fit. But still congrats.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Still not the first state side :P I'm in Australia, It's a Screw type and 0-60mph (0-100km) I will do soon, the kit + postage and tax ended up costing AUD$2800

Old 05-20-2012, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
^^ LOL, I see that now. Guess I should start wearing my glasses again. haha

Still looks like a clean install. I'd love to get my hands on a supercharger system like this.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
I do believe it may be possible to use one of those in conjunction with a KWSC kit.... I already have a hard enough time not getting speeding tickets with what I've got.. It is a very attractive kit that looks like a breeze install.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:25 AM
You certainly could use that with the KWSC kit but I would want a larger rotrex feeding this thing and a serious intercooler setup.

Congrats OP!

What size/boost pulley will you be running?

Old 05-20-2012, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
In for interest.

Congrats to you.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
You certainly could use that with the KWSC kit but I would want a larger rotrex feeding this thing and a serious intercooler setup.

Congrats OP!

What size/boost pulley will you be running?
I'm thinking that it is just over 5PSI since there is a piggyback and no reflash... You can have an impeller installed in a Rotrex that puts out quite a bit more boost.. I'm hoping that I am satisfied by the outcome of what I am now doing or I will have to buy an used engine and start rebuilding with beefy parts.....These little cars get strange feeling up around 130 MPH... I have a Beatrush front panel to see if it might add some stability... I kind of miss standing on the throttle and rowing back and forth through the gears like I did all of the time before the high boost kit.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
Currently limited to 7psi but this pulley can run 10psi, I will have to learn a few things and do some research, Sprintex are sending me the software for their Piggyback unit

Old 05-20-2012, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats! Have you pushed it a bit yet? I'm wondering how it pulls compared to stock under hard acceleration

Old 05-20-2012, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
7 PSI will be a lot more fun than stock and other than raising intake temperature when sitting still after running it hard.. It will be more like having a larger engine under the hood. (or do you guys say bonnet)? I like the way a supercharged engine doesn't have you waiting for boost... High under hood temperature in the heat of summer pulls the power down a lot so you may want to consider mounting an inter cooler to get some of the power back.. Using an electric cooling fan to blow through it would help a lot more when driving in the city where you are stopped at signal lights or in heavy traffic .... The engine's radiator shouldn't get hot enough to boil over as long as you have a 50% water/50% anti-freeze mixture in the cooling system......

Old 05-20-2012, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
DJM I havent pushed it hard yet but a quarter of the throttle pulls significantly harder then stock ever did.

Texas Coyote, I would like to intercool but I'm not sure how that would go with this kit, would I need one of those little liquid coolers that go into the manifold under the SC?

Old 05-20-2012, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
The air to water to air type extractors like you are talking about that mount under your positive displacement type charger would seem to me the best way to go... That would have to fit between the blower and manifold with water lines to a front mount radiator too cool the liquid and an electric pump to recirculate it back through the air to water extractor... From what I have read about that type of super charger an air/fuel ratio of 12.5:1 keeps the combustion chambers pretty cool and ignition timing adjustment isn't a as much an issue as with rotary type compressors... DSM is much more informed about running boost than I am so he would be able to tell you much more.. I would love to have a Sprintex mounted on a small 4wd tractor with high flotation tires to use here on the sand hill I live on..

Old 05-20-2012, 04:50 PM
So could you pm me the information about the rep you talked to. I'm interested to see if I can actually get my hands on this

Old 05-20-2012, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
preludetofit pm sent.

Texas Coyote I dunno about fitting one of those coolers in there, wasn't a lot of space at all between the SC and the bottom of the manifold,

If you look at one of the pics above where the manifold is exposed there isn't much clearence but I would like to do it as the SC does get hot after a regular drive in our current cold winter

Old 05-20-2012, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
If your car doesn't have fog lights you could use a front mount air to air inter cooler.... I have a small under hood inter cooler but it doesn't help unless the car is moving and there is no room to mount a fan under it... Heat causes a loss of power on NA engines but you don't notice it as much as with boost... I went on R&R from Vietnam to Sydney in June 1969 and nearly froze my gonads off. I had a great time and wished I didn't have to go back

Old 05-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Awesome for OP. someone stateside please do this.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't think they did FMIC on screw types? would it fit on before the compressor?(I dont see much gain that way)

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed *Pics and Vid*