2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex Supercharger Installed *Pics and Vid*

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 02:36 PM
ah one more thing, i've seen the sprintex sc installation twice on here @ jakarta, indonesia.. one is mine, and the other one is on fit GE8 AT, its easily hits 163HP on first run though (k&n big typhoon, and 'light' custom exhaust as well)

-still waiting for madman tuning his 10psi thing-

Last edited by jozzy; 07-03-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Think I'm getting the J's racing C-304 exhaust system, which is 50mm(2").

And I don't know when I'll go to 10psi, but I think the "restrictor" is the wastegate thingy (think its called something else on an SC)

Old 07-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by MADMAN-_-zZ

And I don't know when I'll go to 10psi, but I think the "restrictor" is the wastegate thingy (think its called something else on an SC)
Bypass valve actuator. Sometimes it just a simple vacuum line that opens the valve when the throttle plate it closed, and sometimes there are boost and vacuum side lines, along with an electronic valve, to control max boost.

If you don't have the electronic valve, chances are you are setup for max boost with the pulley that's on there.

The other limiter, on a root style s/c, can be the pulley itself.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 AM

Well, got another email from Sprintex..

Their advice is to do the following :

1. Fit hi-flow air filter
2. Fit hi-flow catalytic converter
3. Fit 2" bore exhaust
4. Remove the restrictor
5. Purchase Hot tune from them

regarding the "hot tune" here is means that we must buy the map which is compatible with their piggyback (powerlab if i'm not mistaken), but if you have perhaps better tuner, so just go for it..

the crankshaft pulley of GE8/GB3 is 154mm diameter, and the current SC pulley is 77mm, the supercharger has a maximum safe rpm of 15.500 (in other sites it says 16.000 -boostec perhaps-) therefore the smallest pulley for the SC would be 67,1mm to give a boost of 11 psi (nearly 14.500 rpm).. can read that on the blower calc on their website http://www.sprintex.com.au/sprintex/

so i decide to go with 10 psi first with only 14.000 rpm

here are the restrictor pictures who will give another extra 20HP i supposed

more closer

i heard many of sprintex sc in indonesia run on 10 psi for daily driven with no intercooler, perhaps i'm the only one who runs it with WMI..

can't wait to see my baby GB3 back on, after changing the K1 connecting rod and do some porting & polish as well..

Last edited by jozzy; 07-03-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Thats awesome info there, Im gonna call sprintex today, cause the bastards won't reply my emails, Also I just got a CEL this morning on the freeway after about 1000kms on my clock, I don't know what caused it.....

Old 07-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Thats awesome info there, Im gonna call sprintex today, cause the bastards won't reply my emails, Also I just got a CEL this morning on the freeway after about 1000kms on my clock, I don't know what caused it.....
my CP there is David Skinner (davids@sprintex.com.au)

i heard that he actually himself coming to indonesia doing installation for 3 unit sprintex..

will be gone for 10 working days

Last edited by jozzy; 07-04-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
Just been in contact with my rep Mark, He told me that there is no such 10psi tune that they currently supply he said that he can email me tunes though when they come available,

jozzy, Can you confirm that the 10psi tune is coming from sprintex? Mark said david is their tuner so maybe he knows more...

Old 07-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Just been in contact with my rep Mark, He told me that there is no such 10psi tune that they currently supply he said that he can email me tunes though when they come available,

jozzy, Can you confirm that the 10psi tune is coming from sprintex? Mark said david is their tuner so maybe he knows more...
Yes, the indonesian importer make contacts with him..

And the 10 psi set up in indonesia has been succeds in several cars..

Old 07-10-2012, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
I've just received the tuning software and a new updated piggyback unit from sprintex, having a poke around the maps at the moment

Old 07-10-2012, 09:04 PM
I've just received the tuning software and a new updated piggyback unit from sprintex, having a poke around the maps at the moment
Have fun then !

Old 07-16-2012, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
this shit is never coming to the states.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
I want to purchase a light weight pulley kit, can anyone point me in the right direction? I think I have seen some for crank and alternator, would prefer to replace both I think..

Old 07-17-2012, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Having to tune anything to attain big dyno numbers is unappealing to most Americans due to their need for immediate gratification... If they mess up and destroy their engines there would likely be lawsuits or at least a lot of online bad mouthing of the kit... The KraftWerks kits by Oscar Jackson were in development for years before they became available and only a small fraction of people that were saying they couldn't wait to buy one for their GD3s actually purchased a kit.. The KWSC required no tuning at all and works flawlessly yet there are very few of them that were purchased ... I am hoping to be able to improve the tune on my kit but it is getting expensive and has always been scary to me.. Like I said, it works great as it is but I have a problem leaving well enough alone if there is a remote chance I can do more with it... I'm still looking for a daily driver so I can take my time and get it right... The bottom line is, if you want to play you are going to have to pay.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jozzy
And the 10 psi set up in indonesia has been succeds in several cars..
Jozzy, do you have any links to these cars running 10psi? I'm curious as to what additional mods have been done, specifically relating to cooling. Also the power figures that they are getting.

Thanks

Old 07-19-2012, 10:27 PM
with a shot of naaazzz

Old 07-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by -DJM-
Jozzy, do you have any links to these cars running 10psi? I'm curious as to what additional mods have been done, specifically relating to cooling. Also the power figures that they are getting.

Thanks
well this is my L15A

K1 connecting rod only..

well the boost are not actually 10 psi if we remove the restrictor, its only 8,6psi, but at 6800rpm it became 10psi..

since i only use wmi, then i think 185HP is enough..

-unless i can find a modified intercooler, then i will switch to 65mm pulley-

Old 07-31-2012, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Jozzy could you point me in the right direction for the higher PSI tune? are you able to send me your maps to compare and view? thanks!

Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
You might consider using a larger diameter exhaust system.. When I went from 5PSI to 10PSI, larger injectors and Hondata reflash of the ECU I installed Megan, header, resonated down pipe, and B pipe. I had a muffler shop bend and weld up the axle back that also has a Vibrant resonator , Apexi exhaust valve and Aero Turbine 2540i muffler... The diameter is 60mm which is the same outside diameter as the inside diameter of a 2.5 inch flange... The Megan header is being replaced with a WeaponR 4 into 2 into 1 racing header..

Old 08-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Hey Jozzy could you point me in the right direction for the higher PSI tune? are you able to send me your maps to compare and view? thanks!
i'm so sorry, my tuner can't share his tuning map, due to his business he said

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
You might consider using a larger diameter exhaust system.. When I went from 5PSI to 10PSI, larger injectors and Hondata reflash of the ECU I installed Megan, header, resonated down pipe, and B pipe. I had a muffler shop bend and weld up the axle back that also has a Vibrant resonator , Apexi exhaust valve and Aero Turbine 2540i muffler... The diameter is 60mm which is the same outside diameter as the inside diameter of a 2.5 inch flange... The Megan header is being replaced with a WeaponR 4 into 2 into 1 racing header..
i've been try 2,5" full exhaust system, feel good on low rpm, but lower dyno results.. anyway its only 8,5 psi

Old 08-02-2012, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
With only header, cat delete stock b pipe and and a free flowing axle back pipe I had a very good low end performance but a little less on the top end. It was the opposite of what you experienced.... I had power loss on top and bottom end using large pipes on Triumph and Harley Davidson motorcycles using larger than stock diameter pipes also..

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharger Installed *Pics and Vid*