2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

sprintex supercharger install.. need plugs anyone?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
sprintex supercharger install.. need plugs anyone?!

hey guys I installed my supercharger yesterday on my 09 fit. I have an issue with the spark plugs I'm wondering if anybody has a listing or a part number for a cold or burning plug made by NGK. If you do can you let me know asap. Thanks.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
NGK BRK 7EIX-11 is what you're looking for.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:41 PM
^^^This. .035-.038 gap.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kustomimports
hey guys I installed my supercharger yesterday on my 09 fit. I have an issue with the spark plugs I'm wondering if anybody has a listing or a part number for a cold or burning plug made by NGK. If you do can you let me know asap. Thanks.
What issue are you having? Just curious!

Old 10-25-2014, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
I have been having issues with sputtering plugs and engine scanner said it was cylinder 1 and 2 mis fire . Replaced with oem plugs and 2 new coil packs. Plugs were good for a few weeks then sputttering again. I run 94 octane from petro canada. So I was thinking I needed a colder burning plug.

Last edited by kustomimports; 10-26-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Im so looking to run more boost. I want 10 psI out of it. Anyone know if its possible?

Old 10-25-2014, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Well, before you attempt to "get" 10 psi of boost... you need to deal with the misfire.

Unlike the other Sprintex SC owners, I am no longer using the SMT8-L unit to modify the fuel and timing. In fact, while I have an AEM f/ic 6 plugged it, its running "zero" maps (no modifications in the maps, so the Fit's ECU is the only thing doing work).

In combination with the DW265c fuel pump, I don't get any misfires anymore. I was able to force the misfire codes when I had the stock pump along with the SMT8-L unit plugged in (high rpm holding).

A quick way to replicate part of what I did without much effort is to zero out the maps in the SMT8-L (after making a backup?) and see if your Fit runs better that way. Whether you benefit from a different fuel pump... is another story.

However, before attempting 10 psi boost, you need to actually get data on what the supercharger is already doing now.

The main reason I have the AEM f/ic 6 installed, despite not modifying anything, is because I use it to log data. I re-routed the vacuum tube coming from the supercharger manifold to the AEM instead of the MAP3 sensor... and that shows up in the log as "engine load PSI." The point? If these numbers are correct, it can already do 10 PSI boost at WOT.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:22 PM
FYI--- The AEM can compensate/detect atmospheric pressure. Both MAP sensors used on the SMT are useless if you have an AEM.

We are modding the front o2 signal to richen the air/fuel mixture under boost. This modifies the lambda signal going to the ECU. (AFR Modification table in the SMT)

We are modding the factory MAP sensor signal to SUPPRESS the increased vacuum signal created by the blower. Without it, you get a lean condition when the factory computer senses increased vacuum. It thinks there's a leak, basically. I'm not sure what our figures in this table translate to in the AEM. You're on your own for figuring that one out. (Analog 1 table in the SMT)

We only map for the 5th injector in our fuelling.

You can advance the timing in the SMT. I don't know if the AEM will let you get away with that. I found a bit of power off of boost that "launches" the blower and the motor into boost a lot quicker. The throttle response was ridiculous after I adjusted that. Rolling into the throttle pulls a lot better. The part throttle response is impressive and makes traction an even bigger challenge. I wasn't expecting that when working on the off-boost tuning. I was trying to increase cruising fuel mileage, and this was a pleasant side effect!

Cheers,
Gary

Last edited by SprintexUSA; 11-11-2014 at 06:25 PM.