2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

How To make GE8 Faster

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
Old 02-20-2015, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info. Leaning away from Jet Performance products. Not confident enough they work. Called Jet and the rep. said the MAF does Not make more power.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by yovtecjustkickedin
Figure staying with stock rims. Might make the car a Spec B racer. Looked into these rims and they are 15x7 which is an Odd Ball Size for trying to buy regular tires to fit it. Lots of racing tires fit this rim size though.

Thinking these will be my next tires:

185/55R16

Kumho Ecsta PA31

Race and don't want expensive tires as I wear them out in 20k miles.

Figure on buying these within a month.
Nice setup! I'm in the same mindset as you but exaggerated with the wheels. I went with 14" wheels and 185/60-14 tires. The lightest 14" tires I could get and one of the lightest wheels (Kosei K1 TS - 9.3lbs). I went with the reduced diameter tire to have the same affect as an undersized pulley X 4. I wanted very little compromises! Good luck! Hope you make that Fit scream.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 02-20-2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Nice setup! I'm in the same mindset as you but exaggerated with the wheels. I went with 14" wheels and 185/60-14 tires. The lightest 14" tires I could get and one of the lightest wheels (Kosei K1 TS - 9.3lbs). I went with the reduced diameter tire to have the same affect as an undersized pulley X 4. I wanted very little compromises! Good luck! Hope you make that Fit scream.

Looking at these at the moment:

AltiMAX RT43 195/50R16 They weigh 16 lbs vs 19 lbs of what is on there now.

In addition, they will lower the car .3" (and throw the speedometer off a bit).

Old 02-26-2015, 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Pull out wallet, K swap it.
^ do that.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
Looking at these at the moment:

AltiMAX RT43 195/50R16 They weigh 16 lbs vs 19 lbs of what is on there now.

In addition, they will lower the car .3" (and throw the speedometer off a bit).
That's significant! You are saving 12lbs of rotating mass total while reducing the diameter slightly. Faster acceleration, better braking and handling. Win, win, WIN!

Old 02-26-2015, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
That's significant! You are saving 12lbs of rotating mass total while reducing the diameter slightly. Faster acceleration, better braking and handling. Win, win, WIN!

Awesome!

Right now, looks like I will get this tire. Seems more suited to my needs as my car is AutoXed. Tire weighs 17 lbs so still some weight savings.

General GMAX AS03 195/50R16 84W

Might buy it from here:
TireBuyer | Products | TireBuyer.com

$327.96 delivered + tax + $60 or so install.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Lighter is good and all, but if you're planning on autocrossing, I'd get better tires than that. Wider and better. They may be a little heavier, but it's insignificant compared to the time you will gain when you are actually turning the car.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hotkey
Because nobody believes it.

I suggest header + high flow cat.

go back and check the hp from 1.6 CRX's; the problem is after the headers, cams, and cylinder head work its nowhere near street legal. but lap times yeah. so its believeable but not useful.
you can probably find some on utube.
now honda did have up to 200 hp on CRX SiR.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Lighter is good and all, but if you're planning on autocrossing, I'd get better tires than that. Wider and better. They may be a little heavier, but it's insignificant compared to the time you will gain when you are actually turning the car.
Yeah this I 2nd, 3rd to infinity. Having less weight means nothing when the tires don't really grip when beating on them. If you are doing it strictly for ECO reasons, go for it. If you are planning on thrashing your vehicle, get something that likes to be slapped around and tied up like it is a character on 50 Shades of Grey.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member

Yeah, I know. If I was serious about autox I would have dedicated rims probably in the size of 15x7 with Hoosier racing slicks. I do it for fun and am not that good at it but I do have a plan for this season to get better. Which makes me wonder of a chicken or the egg debate. Do I get serious about my equipment and this makes me good or am I good and then I get serious about my equipment? Anyways, I am accepting applications for a pit crew for my autoxing Honda Fit. (Not holding my breath on this one )

Old 02-26-2015, 08:17 PM
You don't need racing slicks

Just get something better than those all-seasons. You're going to be fighting the car everywhere. Just get something in-between race tires and A/S tires. AFAIK the classes you should be in (STF or HS) don't allow race tires anyway, well anymore... HS used to but I don't think they are allowing that going forward. If I remember right it's 200TW and up.

Just get something 300-400 TW UHP A/S that will be more fun instead of fighting the understeer all day. Tires like that you can drive on all year round, except snow is probably not a good idea, so if you don't need to worry about snow you don't really need two sets of wheels.

You don't have to be competitive but at least you won't be as frustrated. Despite all the talk about the Fit handling well... well... lets just say it handles well if you throw decent tires on it. It's main advantages are it's low weight and low trans gearing. The damn car is just so tall it flops around everywhere, you need those tires.

I'm just saying if you're going to blow $400 on tires there's much better performance oriented options for not much more.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
You don't need racing slicks

Just get something better than those all-seasons. You're going to be fighting the car everywhere. Just get something in-between race tires and A/S tires. AFAIK the classes you should be in (STF or HS) don't allow race tires anyway, well anymore... HS used to but I don't think they are allowing that going forward. If I remember right it's 200TW and up.

Just get something 300-400 TW UHP A/S that will be more fun instead of fighting the understeer all day. Tires like that you can drive on all year round, except snow is probably not a good idea, so if you don't need to worry about snow you don't really need two sets of wheels.

You don't have to be competitive but at least you won't be as frustrated. Despite all the talk about the Fit handling well... well... lets just say it handles well if you throw decent tires on it. It's main advantages are it's low weight and low trans gearing. The damn car is just so tall it flops around everywhere, you need those tires.

I'm just saying if you're going to blow $400 on tires there's much better performance oriented options for not much more.

Thanks for the info. See you live in Cali, the land of milk and honey and 364 days of sunshine and low humidity. I live in NC where this freakish winter it has had two major snow storms. Tried those Summer Tires before (errrr.... in snow) - not responsible for me to have them on the car as I nearly went into the ditch despite doing everything I could not to. Looks like my choice is the best All Seasons I can find or performance rubber on dedicated 15x7 rims. Little short on cash right now for the dedicated 15x7s (well A Lot actually).

You got a good all season to recommend?

(PS: I do trail brake pretty hard and between that and getting the air pressure right I have had people tell me "you drift a lot", "you drive that
car like a rear wheel drive car" and "graceful drifts" )

(PS2: Thinking with my mods, it puts me in STF now. Was in HS. Now I get to lose to faster cars! )

(PS3: Oh Geeezz! Was I being too boastful up there?)

Last edited by yovtecjustkickedin; 02-26-2015 at 08:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-26-2015, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
I'm lol'ing at my girlfriend having stickier tires on her daily than this dude on his car that he plans on autocrossing.

Investing in proper tires, if you are so worried about snow, just put all-seasons on your OEM wheels.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I'm lol'ing at my girlfriend having stickier tires on her daily than this dude on his car that he plans on autocrossing.

Investing in proper tires, if you are so worried about snow, just put all-seasons on your OEM wheels.

Well, does your GF travel!?

Get her to come down and race my Fit for me! I am getting schooled much too often!

(PS: Say, what tires would your GF happened to have on her car??)

Old 02-26-2015, 09:13 PM
Well, autocross season doesn't start until the snow ends, so wait for winter to be over and get decent UHP A/S or UHP Summer tires. Save up through the summer to get a dedicated snow tire setup.

Just because it's a UHP Summer tire doesn't mean it can't handle spring and fall. I had S.Drives which were great in the rain, even very heavy Pacific Northwest rain.

I'm not going to turn this into a tire thread, there's already TONS of those on here. Just stick with UHP Summer or A/S and come to your own conclusions. Tires I like may not be tires you like for whatever reason... there's several tires that are highly rated here and elsewhere that I'm not a huge fan of.

Get better tires and you won't have to LFB...

Just my suggestion, would just hate to see you pay that much for tires you will get angry with. If you're moving out of HS might as well step it up a little bit.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member

Well, does your GF travel!?

Get her to come down and race my Fit for me! I am getting schooled much too often!

(PS: Say, what tires would your GF happened to have on her car??)
She has BFG Sport Comp 2. They're just Ultra High Performance Summer tires, nothing crazy like RS3/AD08R/etc.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:54 PM
I am getting schooled much too often!
You honestly sound like you're too worry about gear, and how other people are doing.

It also seems like you're kinda clueless about it all.

In my most humble opinion I think you should really work on your driving first. Cars arn't fast. Drivers are.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
You honestly sound like you're too worry about gear, and how other people are doing.

It also seems like you're kinda clueless about it all.

In my most humble opinion I think you should really work on your driving first. Cars arn't fast. Drivers are.

Thanks for your point of view. Goal is to make my Fit faster. Not worried about it but am focused on it. If I knew all the answers, there would not be a need for me to be on this site (perhaps you neither).

My driving. Figure am decent at it but have room for improvement. Won my car class a few times with a small number of cars in it. Tell you what, I'll race you in Autox. If you find yourself in NC this year and you find a race among these listed you want to race, hit me up. Reckon the winner can talk a little Smack.

http://www.ncrscca.com/Solo

http://www.thscc.com/autocross/index.html

http://www.auto-x.com/

http://www.ccrscca.com/category/events-calendar/

http://www.scsportscar.com/solo/schedule/2013_results/

http://www.odr-scca.org/content/view/12/31/
http://www.odr-scca.org/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,32/

http://www.scca.com/events/?sid=76

Best,
Yo

Old 03-09-2015, 08:14 PM
No need to get so defensive, I didn't mean to offend you. Have fun out there.

And if you really want to race, I'll meet you half way at the ITR EXPO.

Quick Reply: How To make GE8 Faster