2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2011 Honda Fit Sport Dyno 121 WHP

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 12:34 AM
2011 Honda Fit Sport Dyno 121 WHP

Finally got a day to do a few Dyno pulls to see where I'm at with all my mods .
Mod list : Jet Performance V-Force , Jet Performance MAF Sensor , PRM Intake , T1R Power Header/Downpipe , T1R Test Pipe , T1R B-Pipe with resonator deleted
and Mugen axleback . So I think I got real good results for not having Hondata available for the GE8's . Power was smooth and straight climb and torque stayed level for most part . 121 WHP .

Last edited by ZaxMan; 06-27-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:07 AM
Banned
Well this is awesome. The car sounds great. So much for the nanny ECM and no power gains theory on a GE.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:18 AM
Thx Loudbang !! My next step is Bisimoto Cam , Titanium Spring/retainer set , and new lifters to help fix the "economy I-Vtec "since it really only opens 8 out of the 16 valves we have . I am hoping with Bisimoto's cam stage 1 or 2 it will open the other 8 alittle better . They claim 14% more power with stage 2 and no tune required .

Old 06-23-2013, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
This is interesting, I will follow this thread

Old 06-23-2013, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome! There's the truth against the myths.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
Hello, I have several questions,...

How did this 2 module: Jet Performance V-Force , Jet Performance MAF Sensor
connect to the car wiring? is it plug and play ?

is this 2 module act as a Piggy Back to the car ECU ?

what setting allow the car to produce more power?
I mean is it advance timing or more fuel or more air ?
and if it is indeed the 2 module above that help produce this extra power,
is the module above flexible enough if later you want to put Turbo or Super Charger on the car?
Thanks

Old 06-23-2013, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
That's great. I wonder what the Fits typically do stock on a Dyno? I know they are rated at 117 or so, but I wonder what the real WHP is?

Old 06-23-2013, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ZaxMan
Thx Loudbang !! My next step is Bisimoto Cam , Titanium Spring/retainer set , and new lifters to help fix the "economy I-Vtec "since it really only opens 8 out of the 16 valves we have . I am hoping with Bisimoto's cam stage 1 or 2 it will open the other 8 alittle better . They claim 14% more power with stage 2 and no tune required .
You have a GE with a L15A that uses all 16v at all times. The engine is not like the first gen L15A used in the GD. The VTEC used in the GE is not really an economy VTEC like the GD.

Not sure what you have read or what you have been told, but it was wrong concerning the engine in your vehicle.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
You have a GE with a L15A that uses all 16v at all times. The engine is not like the first gen L15A used in the GD. The VTEC used in the GE is not really an economy VTEC like the GD.

Not sure what you have read or what you have been told, but it was wrong concerning the engine in your vehicle.
I read that in Honda Tuning magazine but reguardless I will do the cam/ spring/retainer and lifters . But good to know 555sexydrive I will read up more and ask more questions .

The other questions : 1. the Jet MAF sensor is just a replacement for the stock one in your air intake so yes plug and play .

2. The Jet V-Force has to be wired into your harness . I had the dealership do this because i read so many people not doing it right and will screw up your car bad . The V-Force is a set tune for your car and you can not set maps like a Hondata unit . So no u can not set up your car for turbo or anything like that . V-Force seemed to work really well with the Jet MAF sensor upgrade and if you add full exhaust and air intake gets even better . V-Force preset tune will advance timing and adjust air fuel mix . The V-Force screen will monitor engine functions and can be set to different screen types which I find pretty cool .

3. Money spent : JEt MAF sensor 150.00 , V-Force 230.00 and dealer install on V-Force 150.00

Also I didn't mention I ran 93 octane in the dyno run so not sure if that helped
the power . I have been running the V-Force setup for 3 months and I have had no problems

Old 06-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by patm95
That's great. I wonder what the Fits typically do stock on a Dyno? I know they are rated at 117 or so, but I wonder what the real WHP is?
I regret not doing a dyno before I messed with mods . I have seen on you-tube Dyno's done on stock GE8 's running 85-87 WHP .

Last edited by ZaxMan; 06-23-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive

I get the impression that it's a widely held belief here. I certainly didn't know any better and was intending to wait on a CAI until after a GE8 FlashPro was released.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
2. The Jet V-Force has to be wired into your harness . I had the dealership do this because i read so many people not doing it right and will screw up your car bad . The V-Force is a set tune for your car and you can not set maps like a Hondata unit . So no u can not set up your car for turbo or anything like that . V-Force seemed to work really well with the Jet MAF sensor upgrade and if you add full exhaust and air intake gets even better . V-Force preset tune will advance timing and adjust air fuel mix . The V-Force screen will monitor engine functions and can be set to different screen types which I find pretty cool .
Hello,
Thanks for your information,
I am surprised to hear that your dealer willing to install this modification,
because the dealer where I bought my car even refuse to install an aftermarket front sway bar for me...
and all that for just $150 install cost ?
I wish I could have a local dealer that is as accommodating as your dealer

Do you buy the Jet V-Force directly from them?
Could you please kindly give a link where I can buy this?

and did the Jet V-Force had clear instruction if I want to install this module by myself?

Thanks.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:04 AM
JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket is where I bought my Jet products . The dealership I bought my car from " Lundgren Honda " has an awesome service crew . Like 90 % of them all own and work on tuner cars and the only thing that they would install that would void warranty is a turbo or supercharger . They would put it in if I accept void . Jet does have good instructions but there were no picture of the MAP sensor or TPS sensor . So you need to know where to find them to splice into the right sensor . I was not that confident so I just paid dealership to do it .

Old 06-24-2013, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket is where I bought my Jet products . The dealership I bought my car from " Lundgren Honda " has an awesome service crew . Like 90 % of them all own and work on tuner cars and the only thing that they would install that would void warranty is a turbo or supercharger . They would put it in if I accept void . Jet does have good instructions but there were no picture of the MAP sensor or TPS sensor . So you need to know where to find them to splice into the right sensor . I was not that confident so I just paid dealership to do it .
Thanks again for all the info above,
Do you feel the improvement in speed/performance right after you install it, or does it take several miles of driving before the computer reset and you feel the different in power?

and from the dyno number, it looks like your car is now at least as fast as a standard Honda Civic. do you ever "test" your car against your friend's car in real world comparison? (perhaps doing some little drag race with your friend's Honda Civic or some other car?)

I mean if you had test this in real world too, and it is indeed at least as fast as a Honda Civic (I am talking about at least the 2010+ generation Honda Civic)... then this is the best bang for buck mod for our Engine !!!

Cause right now Honda Fit in standard form is very slow

Old 06-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by patm95

This is the best dyno I found for stock . It's a Vid of HPS doing a stock GE8 dyno then compare it with an install of their Intake .( 89.85 WHP on stock GE8 )

Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 AM
Here is a link to Jet Performance and products available for GE8 of course you can beat the prices listed.If you can get a solid 30hp gain from these mods I say go for it.

http://www.jetchip.com/Shop/shopdisp...ppp=10&catID=1

Old 06-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by BMW ALPINA
Thanks again for all the info above,
Do you feel the improvement in speed/performance right after you install it, or does it take several miles of driving before the computer reset and you feel the different in power?

and from the dyno number, it looks like your car is now at least as fast as a standard Honda Civic. do you ever "test" your car against your friend's car in real world comparison? (perhaps doing some little drag race with your friend's Honda Civic or some other car?)

I mean if you had test this in real world too, and it is indeed at least as fast as a Honda Civic (I am talking about at least the 2010+ generation Honda Civic)... then this is the best bang for buck mod for our Engine !!!

Cause right now Honda Fit in standard form is very slow
Improvements was felt right away with both Jet products , but I installed them after I did complete exhaust work and a good air intake and run 93 octane gas .

My son drives a 2012 honda Civic LX automatic and my car is by far way faster . My car sounding like it does getting random people testing me . Like an average civic hatch with not much done to it I can keep ahead of and random guy with just an axle back installed I can do well against . But, I have had Ninja bike wanting to go or newer mustangs and I get destroyed lol .

Only real test is going to Drag track which I plan to do . I will video that and post .

I have a lot of passion for these cars and I just want to share what is working for me to help others .

Old 06-24-2013, 03:09 AM
So with these mods the car can't go back to its defaults settings?

Old 06-24-2013, 03:31 AM
sadly the number means nothing without more data. what does a stock fit do on that exact dyno? what do other stock cars do? this idiot i know was claiming he made over 300whp on a 350z with a few bolt-ons and was acting all superior to me because my NSX dyno'd far less... then he dyno'd at the same dyno as me and made less. dyno's are different, not only from brand to brand, but from shop to shop, and even from hour to hour.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:57 AM
Also where in the harness did u tap into?

Quick Reply: 2011 Honda Fit Sport Dyno 121 WHP