2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2011 Honda Fit Sport Dyno 121 WHP

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Huy Bui
sadly the number means nothing without more data. what does a stock fit do on that exact dyno? what do other stock cars do? this idiot i know was claiming he made over 300whp on a 350z with a few bolt-ons and was acting all superior to me because my NSX dyno'd far less... then he dyno'd at the same dyno as me and made less. dyno's are different, not only from brand to brand, but from shop to shop, and even from hour to hour.
I did link a video above of a dyno of same style on a stock Fit

Old 06-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by ZaxMan
JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket is where I bought my Jet products . The dealership I bought my car from " Lundgren Honda " has an awesome service crew . Like 90 % of them all own and work on tuner cars and the only thing that they would install that would void warranty is a turbo or supercharger . They would put it in if I accept void . Jet does have good instructions but there were no picture of the MAP sensor or TPS sensor . So you need to know where to find them to splice into the right sensor . I was not that confident so I just paid dealership to do it .
...Auburn suddenly seems a lot closer than it did a week ago!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by nFITmouz
Also where in the harness did u tap into?

Had dealership wire it in so I didnt see the process but what is needed you tap into MAP sensor, TPS sensor and the first O2 sensor . The O2 sensor is optional for just getting readings on the V-Force monitor.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Wow 35hp gain with bold-ons and a tune? Impressive.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
subscribed for the goodies

Old 06-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
I vote for a drag race: your Fit vs. someone's stock Fit

Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 PM
Zaxman, great job! You opened new doors for us GE owners, however I still want hondata to make something for us.
Now, is the new power level consistent? Or the original ecu started taking over and lowering the engine output again?

Thnx

Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
^^ ++++1 I just wonder if you can do this mod plus the Flashpro?

Old 06-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Rabee
Zaxman, great job! You opened new doors for us GE owners, however I still want hondata to make something for us.
Now, is the new power level consistent? Or the original ecu started taking over and lowering the engine output again?

Thnx

Hey Rabee I been running the V-Force for at least 3 months and never noticed the power I gained to be turned back from ECU . The air intake and exhaust system been on longer than that . So if the ECU tried to turn it back It didnt do much . As far as the Hondata ...hell yah I will be buying that . There is no tune options with the V-Force it's just a preset tune ( advance timing , air+fuel mix) and the Jet MAF have a tune to it as well .

Old 06-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by swflej1
^^ ++++1 I just wonder if you can do this mod plus the Flashpro?
Excellent question !! I am not sure . I hope I can because just the monitor of engine function on the screen is useful . The V-Force is not hooked up to the OBII port it's spliced into your harness . When time comes hopefully soon for FlashPro I will ask Hondata if ECU needs to be stock setting before adding a map . But for now the Jet V-Force is working well for me .

Old 06-26-2013, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by doctordoom
I vote for a drag race: your Fit vs. someone's stock Fit
Haha yah I would love that !! I hope to hit the drag track next month and will try to set something like that up . I will post results and hopefully video .

Old 06-27-2013, 02:09 AM
Banned
Once again we get more and more data showing that this "nanny ECM" may be a specious theory. Anyone other than "the expert" have and real data showing that this drop in specs is actually happening under all conditions?

Old 06-27-2013, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
So from the V - Force what adjustments did you make and how did you know what the correct or best adjustments were?

Last edited by Ciocc; 06-27-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
there are lots of "chips" that claim to increase power by altering the mass air-flow sensor output to the ECU. I don't see that doing anything but separating you from your money and failing emissions...

How this can claim to alter ignition maps is puzzling. It can screw up air/fuel mix, that's for sure, but with the cat delete I guess that's not a concern.

Here are the installation instructions

With 87whp the norm. 121whp is a 40% power increase. Reality check time. You can't see those increases without forced induction.

I smell a shill.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:56 PM

Old 06-27-2013, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
yeah I stepped in it... 'scuse me while I scrape it off....

Old 06-27-2013, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by loudbang
Once again we get more and more data showing that this "nanny ECM" may be a specious theory. Anyone other than "the expert" have and real data showing that this drop in specs is actually happening under all conditions?
You'll notice he has something physically wired into the harness to effect the tune. This is the same as a "piggy back" tuning unit. So yes the STOCK ECU is still a "nanny ECM"

Originally Posted by Steve244
there are lots of "chips" that claim to increase power by altering the mass air-flow sensor output to the ECU. I don't see that doing anything but separating you from your money and failing emissions...

How this can claim to alter ignition maps is puzzling. It can screw up air/fuel mix, that's for sure, but with the cat delete I guess that's not a concern.

Here are the installation instructions

With 87whp the norm. 121whp is a 40% power increase. Reality check time. You can't see those increases without forced induction.

I smell a shill.
I don't know about "shill" BUT

Originally Posted by Huy Bui
sadly the number means nothing without more data. what does a stock fit do on that exact dyno? what do other stock cars do? this idiot i know was claiming he made over 300whp on a 350z with a few bolt-ons and was acting all superior to me because my NSX dyno'd far less... then he dyno'd at the same dyno as me and made less. dyno's are different, not only from brand to brand, but from shop to shop, and even from hour to hour.
THIS. Without a base line to compare against... I mean... It's just a machine, the Dyno will spit out whatever numbers it is configured for...

All that said, OP, CONGRATS! It seems like you have a very fun and capable car for you.

Please try to share as much data as possible, since this is seriously hard to believe a 40+% increase over a standard car on "simple bolt ons" and a chip...

Old 06-27-2013, 05:58 PM
My friend's BB6 Prelude put down 326HP/530TQ with bolt-ons on our auto shop dyno in college when we first got it.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:03 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by TPColgett
You'll notice he has something physically wired into the harness to effect the tune. This is the same as a "piggy back" tuning unit. So yes the STOCK ECU is still a "nanny ECM"
That is my point I'm trying to find out. How do YOU know that the nanny ecm is being a nanny?

I'm looking for data from somebody that has done their research showing what the nanny ECM is doing.

And you are right he does have a device that may have something to do with his results.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:29 PM
Not one of you noticed this was dyno'd at the hubs, not the tires? No questions about correction factor, gear, etc.?

Quick Reply: 2011 Honda Fit Sport Dyno 121 WHP