2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

What headlight bulbs do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
What headlight bulbs do you use?

Been using the EIKO Clearvision Supreme H4/9003, about $22/pair. One decided to die earlier tonight on the way home. They do project a nice white, not ricer blue-looking crap, and have better forward/side visibility. One thing I didn't expect was the very poor life expectancy. Worse than Silverstars. This one only lasted 4 1/2 months. The low beams are only rated for 180 hrs, 120 on the high beams. Not great cost-wise. After reviewing a few competitors I may try these out:

Amazon.com: EVO 93355 Formance White 4500K Vistas DOT Approved H4 Bulb: Automotive Amazon.com: EVO 93355 Formance White 4500K Vistas DOT Approved H4 Bulb: Automotive

Mf'd by Cipa. Not quite as white as the Clearvision Supreme, but decent lumens (1500 vs 1545) and vastly superior life expectancy, if 2000 hrs is true. I'd be happy with half that! Priced at $13.21 shipped from Amazon, not a deal-breaker. They have 2 other different versions, but they look as if they would produce that weird blueish ricer look, and their specs aren't that great. Also, the bulb capsule is not shielded at the front, as are the Vistas like a normal style bulb.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
philips extreme vision 9003 (hb2/h4).

I prefer to go with the crowd and buy from the big players in the field rather than some off-brand.

I did adjust and raise the headlight aim slightly to give the lights a bit more throw. So maybe I'm not precisely at DOT specs, but not as high or an annoyance to others as even a normal's SUV's headlights.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:04 AM
wouldnt big players in the field be PIAA or many of the other companies that offer quality? Yes its pricey, but you get what you pay for in this case.. Sylvania and Phillips imo are far from "big players"

Old 03-27-2014, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
piaa is not a big player in terms of the global market. It maybe a good company, but in terms of global domination, it's still a small aftermarket company.
It's like saying MOMO is a huge maker of rims just because they are a fancy aftermarket brand that you see in car magazines.

Sylvania and Philips are OEM suppliers so they are the big players. They have huge factories, supply chains and R&D around all types of lighting. I don't think you can say the same about Piaa.

I would imagine sylvania and philips probably pump out the same amount of units in a day that Piaa may do in a month or even a year.

Anyway, i'm sure they still make good lights, but don't discount that sylvania and philips are not the big players.

Last edited by raytseng; 03-27-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:15 AM
Osram Nighbreakers before, lasted about a year. Beam was dense and went the distance, but not a lot of scatter light on the road or sides, I think the namesake was fitting. I don't mind that at all and I actually prefer the beams to have distance and be tighter, but some people don't like that. Had a "cutoff" too which was nice. I was lighting up car's bumpers half a block away lol

Silverstars now, because one of my ^ went out right before a long roadtrip and I had to pick something up at a 24 hour Walmart They're just as I remember from all the other times i've had them, and it seems you've had them as well. They're definitely whiter and brighter than OEM especially if you raise the beam a little.

I raised it as soon as I put the Nightbreakers in but never got high beamed and checked with my wife's car to make sure they don't blind. The OEM aim was no good with those bulbs because it just pointed the dense beam at the ground lol

Old 03-27-2014, 12:19 AM
phillips are descent and silverstars IMO for past experiences suck.. its a great light, for the few months they last..

I just didn't consider headlights you buy at walmart " big time players"

Old 03-27-2014, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by comatoast
phillips are descent and silverstars IMO for past experiences suck.. its a great light, for the few months they last..

I just didn't consider headlights you buy at walmart " big time players"
Perhaps your definition of "big time players" is different from mine.
I would say the opposite.
Because they are also a massive corporation and lighting, they have can pump out enough lights to score a walmart contract.

Perhaps your definition of a big time player is like Ferrari in the car market. All of ferrari could blow up and it wouldn't really make even a squiggle of a difference in the workings of the global car market.

Anyway I've said my peace, but don't be a lightbulb snob just cause the light you bought isn't found at walmart.

Whatever you have in the Fit, it's still a halogen bulb, you aren't rocking HIDs or LEDs or laserLEDs (for which Philips and Sylvania are OEM suppliers).

Last edited by raytseng; 03-27-2014 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:40 AM
I've had PIAAs, Catz (FET), Polarg, etc etc and none of them are really a big deal. Definitely not worth the price premium. They are good lights, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they're $120 good.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I've had PIAAs, Catz (FET), Polarg, etc etc and none of them are really a big deal. Definitely not worth the price premium. They are good lights, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they're $120 good.
Especially when you can get a decent HID kit for $50.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:21 AM
These are NOT HID's. They are Halogens they do not use a ballast to output such a intensified brightness.
I just changed my stock bulbs with Nokya Arctic White Stage 2 7000K look like this:

and I've replaced my stock fog lights with Nokya Hyper Yellow 2500K looks like this:

Front of the car looks like this:

Old 03-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Both pairs of Nokya Lights cost: Nokya Arctice White Stage 2 $13.99, Nokya Hyper Yellow $9.99 and they are long lasting as well. with the stage 2 you need an extra harness which cost $11 each or you can go with stage 1 and run with out harness or stage 2 w/out harness but you wont get much brightness out of them with out the harness. got them on Amazon btw.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Nokya must have stepped their game up. I had Nokyas years ago and they were garbage. Those actually look pretty decent. May consider.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Nokya must have stepped their game up. I had Nokyas years ago and they were garbage. Those actually look pretty decent. May consider.
They definitely stepped their game up. They also have LED Fog kits which are even brighter but price is quite steep at $120 a kit. anyways here's their website of what they have to offer, and they also do make DOT complaint bulbs if you're interested in those too.
NOKYA USA - HOME

Old 03-27-2014, 10:38 AM
Ooooh, thanks for posting. Those 100w/90w H4s are tempting. What's the deal with the harness?

Old 03-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Ooooh, thanks for posting. Those 100w/90w H4s are tempting. What's the deal with the harness?
I believe its to compensate for the high wattage output of the light. Its states that the harness is recommended so I just figured that I might just get it incase cuz I didn't want to end up breaking or shorting electrical lines

ARCTIC WHITE - STAGE 2

Old 03-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Wifes 08' eats headlight bulbs so she gets the Sylvania cheapies. The other Fit get's the SilverStar Ultras and were still running the originals that were installed 2 years ago.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by MrKeishii
I believe its to compensate for the high wattage output of the light. Its states that the harness is recommended so I just figured that I might just get it incase cuz I didn't want to end up breaking or shorting electrical lines

ARCTIC WHITE - STAGE 2
Hey I missed this post, thanks.

So what does the harness connect to? Does it run off the battery or is it just a different wire harness that goes from the bulb to the stock harness?

Old 03-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Hey I missed this post, thanks.

So what does the harness connect to? Does it run off the battery or is it just a different wire harness that goes from the bulb to the stock harness?
The harness goes from stock harness to bulb, i believe the material for the wire is made of some other type of conductive metal allowing the bulb to produce a brighter output of light. I say try it without the harness first before ordering it? But for me I just went with it cuz it said it was recommended. But so far I'm really loving the output of light and it doesn't glare and beam light all over the place like HID's without proper retrofits.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:02 PM
I'll just go for it with the harness, the bulbs are cheap enough to just get everything together.

Where'd you buy yours from?

I feel bad taking out lights I just bought but i'll keep them as spares I guess lol

Old 03-27-2014, 11:08 PM
I'll just go for it with the harness, the bulbs are cheap enough to just get everything together.

Where'd you buy yours from?

I feel bad taking out lights I just bought but i'll keep them as spares I guess lol
I actually bought them off of Amazon just copy and paste the corresponding Product Number:

9003 Bulb (H4): NOK7213
H11 Fog Lights: NOK7618

Quick Reply: What headlight bulbs do you use?