2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AdvansCPAP
That actually looks nice maybe have to consider this in 2014, tough working on the car now outside colder and shorter days.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by camivill
For me, as a newbie, is to find our which cable, or plug is actually connected to the Fuse specified, for example 55... in this way I could recognize if there is cables ready for this somewhere.... thinking that actually all the fuse slots are powered (?).
I would prefer to plug the cable into that slot ( instead of putting a add-a-fuse which is a good option too) as I would like to make it more clear install....

I also would like to know that for putting side heated mirros... I know the add-a-fuse will do the trick but wanna do this as clean as possible....

I got few add-a-fuse already, the heated pads for the front seats, still missing switch panel that I like as the JDM Fit ( which i am already looking for)...

Well your Fit will be different from ours. Have you looked in the manual to see which fuses are for the heated mirrors and seats? While you may not have them on yours it should show for other models.

Can't get a much neat install than this. I would go this way -

Old 11-06-2013, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
I also would like to know that for putting side heated mirros... I know the add-a-fuse will do the trick but wanna do this as clean as possible....

I got few add-a-fuse already, the heated pads for the front seats, still missing switch panel that I like as the JDM Fit ( which i am already looking for)...
Heated mirrors would plug in to 55, and the heated seats plug to 40 (if those options came from Honda).

This does look clean though.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
Heated mirrors would plug in to 55, and the heated seats plug to 40 (if those options came from Honda).
My Cdn mirror heaters are connected to rear window defogger on fuse 55.

On the NA Fits plug 40 is empty. You can put a fuse in but how do you get wiring from heated seats into the rear of the fuse box or would you just stick an add a fuse in there?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
My Cdn mirror heaters are connected to rear window defogger on fuse 55.
The mirrors are on 55, but are you sure that your rear defogger isn't on 54? as per the ESM?
They should be linked where when 54 (rear defog) is on it turns on 55 (mirror heaters).

On the NA Fits plug 40 is empty. You can put a fuse in but how do you get wiring from heated seats into the rear of the fuse box or would you just stick an add a fuse in there?
I'd probably just add a fuse in there since it's much easier.
If I'm not mistaken this DIY [DIY] Honda Civic 92-95 EDM Heated Seats DIY Retrofit Install Guide - Honda-Tech they added pins to the connectors at the back of the box (like the intermittent wiper mod DIY on here)... I believe that's how they added the pins/did the connections.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
The mirrors are on 55, but are you sure that your rear defogger isn't on 54? as per the ESM?
They should be linked where when 54 (rear defog) is on it turns on 55 (mirror heaters).

>>>> You are correct

I'd probably just add a fuse in there since it's much easier.
If I'm not mistaken this DIY [DIY] Honda Civic 92-95 EDM Heated Seats DIY Retrofit Install Guide - Honda-Tech they added pins to the connectors at the back of the box (like the intermittent wiper mod DIY on here)... I believe that's how they added the pins/did the connections.

>>> No way will I even attempt to get pins in the back. Hmm been putting off doing the wiper mod because of this. Simple us an add a fuse eh.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Thats like passing from minor surgery to a open heart surgery!!!
Is that difficult?
lol

Old 11-06-2013, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Thats like passing from minor surgery to a open heart surgery!!!
Is that difficult?
lol
I am old so crawling around under the dash for any length of time is beyond having fun stage.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
>>> No way will I even attempt to get pins in the back. Hmm been putting off doing the wiper mod because of this. Simple us an add a fuse eh.
Hahahaha... It's actually not that bad, when I did it I double/triple/quadruple checked everything over & over... good thing too, because the slot I thought was correct was actually the other way around, I'm glad I caught that, because removing the pin would've been way more difficult.

That variable speed intermittent wiper mod is one of my favorites, but it only works for MT cars not automatics, so it probably won't work on yours (but I don't think anyone has tried it from Canada, so the CDN AT version might have the wiring like the MT's do).

Old 12-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Sorry to bump wanted to ask if anyone installed these under the original seat covers. I know they r glued but am wondering if I seperate the glue how good do theu stay in position tha ks for feedback

Old 01-01-2014, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kasek
Sorry to bump wanted to ask if anyone installed these under the original seat covers. I know they r glued but am wondering if I seperate the glue how good do theu stay in position tha ks for feedback
I am wondering the same.... or do I have to get some clazzios? I dont mind the stock fabric....

With the clazzios does the heater element just sit in between the stock fabric and the clazzio covers?

Old 01-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by k-man
I am wondering the same.... or do I have to get some clazzios? I dont mind the stock fabric....

With the clazzios does the heater element just sit in between the stock fabric and the clazzio covers?
ya see i wanna avoid spending more money then i have to and i dnt want to stick the elements to the stock fabric incase they need to b removed fr what ever reason

Old 01-01-2014, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kasek
ya see i wanna avoid spending more money then i have to and i dnt want to stick the elements to the stock fabric incase they need to b removed fr what ever reason

Clazzios are expensive but wow they do look good. I had no concerns sticking the pads to the original as I don't plan on taking them or the Clazzios out unless I buy a new Fit -). Then maybe just swap seats?

Old 01-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Having a real headache wiring mine and wife is currently not happy as she went to start her car after I installed them yesterday and the battery is completely flat - ooops!

So I have 4 wires on the set I purchased, which also came with a switch that fit perfectly in an empty slot in the dash: 1 Seats Heated Seat Seat Heater Fit Honda Accord Civic Fit CRV Acura Etc | eBay

So after poking around with a circuit tester I found the screw near the bottom of the fuse box (circled)

Name:  50a_zps33dcacb0.jpg
Views: 1721
Size:  97.0 KB

My instructions said I needed a constant power to battery, so I hooked to that for my main power, which had an in-line fuse.

I then wired the other 2 wires for the Light in the switch and positive only when the ignition is on to an Add a Circuit fuse in position 40, so they would both only be powered when the ignition is on (Which I verified with my circuit tester).

Then the ground to a bolt at the top of the brake pedal mount.

But that appears to have gone badly wrong overnight with the battery drain! HELP!!!

Instructions from the manufacturer are:

red wire connect battery positive,
yellow wire connect night light.
red/yellow connect ignition ON position.
black wire is GND

Last edited by RiNkY; 01-26-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:01 PM
Ok - figured it out. I hooked the positive power to #40 in the fuse box on an Add a Circuit - which turns out was not switched, that is what I originally had the cable that was supposed to be off with the ignition hooked to - hence the battery drain! ooops!

Then I hooked the 2 other positive cables to the Purple Wire below the fuse box that is only on with the ignition.

Now appears to be functioning as expected. (Big sigh of relief).

Old 01-26-2014, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RiNkY
Ok - figured it out. I hooked the positive power to #40 in the fuse box on an Add a Circuit - which turns out was not switched, that is what I originally had the cable that was supposed to be off with the ignition hooked to - hence the battery drain! ooops!

Then I hooked the 2 other positive cables to the Purple Wire below the fuse box that is only on with the ignition.

Congrats on making it work, how did you install the heater pads? under a new set of seat covers?

Old 01-26-2014, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by k-man
Congrats on making it work, how did you install the heater pads? under a new set of seat covers?
Ordered her a set of Wet Okole covers for her birthday, only installed a heater on the drivers side tho - as she rarely even drives with passengers.

'Her' being my wife, who drives the Fit.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RiNkY

Congrats. I connected mine to the AUX plug after making up a short harness to extend the wiring to the back of the AUX outlet. All my wiring is stuffed in around the shift linkage . I have it tied off so it doe snot interfere with shifting.

Funny I have no idea how I wired everything. The grounds were easy as a spot in bottom of the console area. As far as to how I did the others other than knowing they are wired into the Aux circuit I am at a complete loss without tearing everything apart.

Here is link to my install.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ted-seats.html