2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

JDM Gauges in USDM Fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
JDM Gauges in USDM Fit

So I recently purchased some JDM red gauges from another forum member and got them installed and this was the result.

However I didn't notice until the next night that the head unit display brightness can no longer be controlled by the knob on the gauges that controls their brightness as well. Upon looking at the EUDM's gallery (since it's in english and I can navigate it. Their head unit appears to have the same "e-ink" looking display as the MPG meter display on the JDM gauges. That screen doesn't dim like the USDM one does since the silver'ish text on the black background is visible in all light while not being bright.

Now that doesn't explain why the lights on the air control knobs and the button for the HU don't light up. Unless they are tied in to the display on the USDM.

Any suggestions or thoughts? Im thinking that to stay completely stock i'd need to get the EUDM or JDM HU too. But if I switched to an aftermarket single or double din HU then it would probably light up the buttons regardless and I'd just have to figure out why the AC knobs won't light up.

Also if anyone would like to get JDM gauges the part numbers that I have are both for automatic gauges as far as I can tell but appear to work with either AT or MT.

PN: 78100-TF0-J215 is for the GE6 gauges, Only difference I can tell is that they have PRNDSL for the automatics gear lights.
PN: 78100-TF0-N015 is for the GE8 gauges, these have PRNDS for the automatic gear lights.

Doing a google search for either will find you listings in Japan for these gauges ranging from $100-$300 from what I could find.

I will try to keep this thread updated as I find more information or figure out how to make it work.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Here is the latest pictures from the honda.co.jp website. It doesn't have knobs for the air controls but buttons instead as well as a navi. Not sure if this was an option on the GE6 or not though.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Not to go off-topic, but that red seat fabric is outstanding.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlueBoogers
Not to go off-topic, but that red seat fabric is outstanding.
Man the entire interior of the JDM RS is just phenomenal.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by Jamy
Now that doesn't explain why the lights on the air control knobs and the button for the HU don't light up. Unless they are tied in to the display on the USDM.

Any suggestions or thoughts?
I've read your post several times but

Does your JDM gauge have the dimming knob? Does the hazard button light up? or is it out like the AC knob lights?

I'm thinking it might be a simple pin reversal maybe have to check the schematics?

I didn't know the GE6 had a different cluster than the GE8, you think that might have something to do with it? I doubt it would be that or the AT/MT difference either.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
I've read your post several times but

Does your JDM gauge have the dimming knob? Does the hazard button light up? or is it out like the AC knob lights?

I'm thinking it might be a simple pin reversal maybe have to check the schematics?

I didn't know the GE6 had a different cluster than the GE8, you think that might have something to do with it? I doubt it would be that or the AT/MT difference either.
I typed it all out quickly and didn't read back through it. I meant the little display screen on the USDM gauges.

I haven't looked at the hazard button actually I'll check it tonight. I put the JDM gauges back in last night.

Does any one have the wiring schematics for the gauge cluster?

The only difference between the GE6 and the GE8, that I can tell, is the "Low" gear on the automatics and I also doubt that it would have anything to do with it just thought it might be worth suggesting.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
You probably typed it all correct, I'm just confused as to what it could be. The JDM gauge should be able to dim the interior. But I'm lost.

I mentioned the hazard, because if the ac knobs & the hazard aren't lit, then they're some how affiliated; possibly switched by the same source. ...just throwing out ideas...

Did you ever download the service manual from the ge8 page? If I'm not mistaken it does contain schematics. I have it on my crappy pc at home, I can try and take some screenshots for ya, if you need.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Do you have a link to it?

Old 01-30-2012, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
No link... I downloaded it when that thread was made ~3yrs ago. Maybe I can upload it to a server if someone has one?

Old 01-30-2012, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
No link... I downloaded it when that thread was made ~3yrs ago. Maybe I can upload it to a server if someone has one?
Ah damn. Is it for the GE? I can look around on the forum when I get home. If nothing else maybe you could email it to me if it's not too big.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Yeah GE6/8, file is 4-5gb (If I remember correctly). I'll pm you later we'll figure something out.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah GE6/8, file is 4-5gb (If I remember correctly). I'll pm you later we'll figure something out.
Ah alrighty. sounds good. I may have effed up the gauges but my fuel needle isn't moving at all.. I'm thinking I hit it or something when I was covering up the PRNDSL lights... Ugh. At least now I know the PN so I could order another for relatively cheap if absolutely needed.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:41 PM

That screen doesn't dim like the USDM one does since the silver'ish text on the black background is visible in all light while not being bright.
are you sure jamy? doesn't member 555sexydrive have a real JDM fit? why not just ask him if his can dim, and ask him if his buttons and a/c light up.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
are you sure jamy? doesn't member 555sexydrive have a real JDM fit? why not just ask him if his can dim, and ask him if his buttons and a/c light up.
555 doesn't have an OEM head unit. And he has automatic climate control. you put in the temperature you want in degrees and the ac does it for you.

I haven't really played with it since I took it back out. So it's just sitting on my desk. I think it's a matter of pin reversal though as was previously stated.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 PM
555 doesn't have an OEM head unit. And he has automatic climate control. you put in the temperature you want in degrees and the ac does it for you.

I haven't really played with it since I took it back out. So it's just sitting on my desk. I think it's a matter of pin reversal though as was previously stated.
ah i see,......well....to bad we just can't swap over their LEDS huh?

Old 02-07-2012, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cocowheat
ah i see,......well....to bad we just can't swap over their LEDS huh?
That won't work either. The color of the writing and what not is still blue on the USDM gauges. You'd have to redo it too. It has been done on here before but I haven't heard from that guy in forever.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:03 PM
That won't work either. The color of the writing and what not is still blue on the USDM gauges. You'd have to redo it too. It has been done on here before but I haven't heard from that guy in forever.
true. well hope you figure it all out so it'll be easier when guys like me decide to do it.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
Welllll I fixed the fuel needle. Had a Ballmer Peak moment tonight and decided to mess with it. Now as for the interior lighting I'm debating on just jumping the wiring over to a constant source w/ key to get them to come one regardless. Idk.

Ballmer peak for those that don't know what it is: xkcd: Ballmer Peak

Old 02-27-2012, 12:56 AM
That looks awesome.