2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Type R emblem for GE

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Did any OEM Honda in Japan or Taiwan come with these emblems?

I prefer the real thing rather than cheap copies.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Washed it today.

Washed it today. Pretty mundane, I know.
The pine pollen season peaked a couple of months ago, but I still managed to accumulate some more. Eventually, the yellow-green pollen turns gray (mildew?) leaving a mottled dirty look all over the car. Car wash usually isn't powerful enough, so a soft brush and very mild detergent does the job. Next week I'll redo any tough spots and maybe give it a waxing.

Old 11-06-2019, 11:46 AM
Fuel consumption

A while back someone here complained about crappy gas consumption for city driving
I also noticed it
So someone here suggested shifting
1st-3rd for urban/stop and go driving to eliminate a shift and ultimately save fuel costs
Ever since reading that I tried it and it did help
Now I’m wondering if driving in urban areas in 5th gear ⚙️ at any opportunity can positively affect consumption
Im far from an expert but the lower the RPMs
the less fuel is consumed yes??
BTW this is a winter themed question because during the summer on my sport tires I rev the shit out of my car to pass idiots

Last edited by MontrealFit2012; 11-06-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MontrealFit2012
A while back someone here complained about crappy gas consumption for city driving
I also noticed it
So someone here suggested shifting
1st-3rd for urban/stop and go driving to eliminate a shift and ultimately save fuel costs
Ever since reading that I tried it and it did help
Now I’m wondering if driving in urban areas in 5th gear ⚙️ at any opportunity can positively affect consumption
Im far from an expert but the lower the RPMs
the less fuel is consumed yes??
is this thread about type r emblems?

or about ... fuel consumption

Old 12-03-2020, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Well, yesterday I replaced my right CV axle, since it snapped in half. I also used every cuss word I know while performing the repair. Still love my 2012 Fit though.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
Wow you guys are amazing. I especially love the seat upgrade from k20a298ek. Are those Recaro seats? I'm still in agony driving more than 3 hrs at a time in my 2013 One Owner Fit Sport. Aren't there other upgrade seats that bolt in? I weld in my small shop/garage but am not ready to remove the seat airbags. I ended up giving the car to my spouse and I only drive my 1985 Nissan720 pickup to work.
Keep up the great work and updates here guys & gals.
Linda

Old 06-22-2022, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
Regarding the cv axle - If there was any rust on it the dealership would replace them as part of a recall.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by jnesselroad
Didn't you go out of business? I went to your site to get some stuff a while ago.
Originally Posted by DecalDude
More of a very long break, but i found these and thought id snag em up to give some fitfreaks a good deal

I realize this is pretty old,

are you still around?
what's the availability of these badges?

Old 10-18-2022, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
On my ‘12 I did an oil change, manual trans oil change, new cabin filter, cleaned the K&N filter, checked brakes all around, and changed wiper inserts. Tomorrow I’m doing the coolant, thermostat, hoses, rad cap, adjusting parking brake, and valve clearance. 151,000 original miles woo!

Old 10-21-2022, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
I changed the coolant and installed the block heater. I asked a dealer or two about installing the block heater for me and they balked at it saying it was difficult. That shit was so easy a kid could do it. Next up is a valve adjustment next week.

Old 10-21-2022, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by derek244
Well, yesterday I replaced my right CV axle, since it snapped in half. I also used every cuss word I know while performing the repair. Still love my 2012 Fit though.
Was the recall completed already?

Old 08-26-2023, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
2011 Honda Fit Sport Auto/Nav. 130k miles, bought in 2018 with 80k miles. Have put on 25k in the last year with trips to FL.

In a 12 hour period, two weeks ago, had two major issues.

heading north out of Tampa, about 100 degrees ambient, tire pressure sensor goes off, and left rear clearly making noise. slow to about 50mph gently, moving to the right lane, and I hear a thump, then womp-womp-womp from the rear drivers tire, start slowing onto the shoulder.

Then the tread goes rolling past the front to the car, off into the woods. Really wish I had bothered to mount my front facing camera. would have made for a funny video.

Pavement must have been about 130-140 degrees, so break out a beach towel and some cardboard. put on the spare and limp to the local Walmart. Bought the Achilles ATR Sport High Performance Tires at Walmart with the road hazard last year, and get free balance/rotate every 6k miles

lucky the sidewall stayed on, might have had to buy a rim

Spent 40 minutes with them trying to find any 195/55/16 tire, from anywhere local. They finally sell me a 205/55/16 which Walmart will refund once I have the tire ordered/delivered/installed to my local shop in VA. One of the techs, was like "Hey, some duct tape and we can get you back on the road." I laughed.

Stop in Jacksonville for my first Whataburger.

drive another 9 hours from that Walmart. 10 miles from the hotel I have booked, i hear what sounds like a bolt bounce off the bottom of the car a couple of times slowing at a stop light. think it might be a lug nut, but too many hours driving. start noticing a slight grinding sound

stop about 1/2 way to the hotel at a gas station, all the tire lugs are on. at the hotel (It's 3am), I notice the passenger front right caliper is not where it's supposed to be.

Sleep about 3 hours. do some research, maybe a bolt from the caliper came off. jack the car up and pull the tire. Yep, the upper caliper bolt had come free, fortunately it was the trailing edge of the caliper rubbing against the wheel.

Then the jack collapsed. but in way that kept the rotor off the ground.

Off to autoparts store for a canister jack, a cheap wrench kit and a set of caliper bolts.

jack the car up, remove failed jack, put the caliper bolt back on, and tighten it. Did not even dawn on me to check the other one.

Take it to the local shop the auto parts place recommended and asked them to check out the car.

They ok the car, but reported that they had to also tighten the lower caliper bolt. Realized how lucky I got, because he said it was almost ready to come free. If the leading edge of the caliper had caught the wheel, mechanic said it would have probably have wrecked the right side axle. He suspected the really hot weather might have contributed to the loosening. (new R1 Concepts slotted/drilled rotors and ceramic pads installed Aug 2022) and had a mechanics inspection a month ago.

Last edited by ForceFit; 08-27-2023 at 12:13 AM.