2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GE Steering wheel "H" Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
GE Steering wheel "H" Emblem

Does anyone know where to get a new GE Honda steering wheel emblem? How to remove the old one and replace with new?

The metallic is rubbing off of my emblem and it's rapidly becoming a crappy-looking cream colored with only remnants of the original silver. Have no clue how it's rubbing off... I never even get near the thing when I'm driving.

My ideal choice would be to replace it with another. If that's not possible, I would settle for the other type of emblem that just mounts overtop of the original like the J's Racing JDM emblems I've seen here and there. Problem is, I cannot seem to locate one of the J's Racing type of emblems any longer.

Thanks... any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
WoW... Amazing!

So no one in this entire multi-member forum knows where to get a "genuine" Honda Fit steering wheel "H" replacement emblem, or knows where to pickup one of the J's racing "H" emblems? (The J's emblem that sticks-on over the top of the original factory emblem without having to remove the original)

Yup... I've searched for both the J's and an original emblem... with no results.

I just thought someone from here would know some places to purchase that aren't appearing in my searches. I found a couple on eBay but apparently neither are "genuine," and too expensive for aftermarket items.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:30 AM
emblem

Here you go.....I bought one of these and it looks great. Much better than the sticker ones on ebay. I cut off the old one with a knife for a better look. $25 shipped.

GrafiXpressions - Express yourself in vinyl form!...

Last edited by ichiro51; 05-09-2013 at 09:00 AM. Reason: more information provided
Old 05-10-2013, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ichiro51
Here you go.....I bought one of these and it looks great. Much better than the sticker ones on ebay. I cut off the old one with a knife for a better look. $25 shipped.

GrafiXpressions - Express yourself in vinyl form!...
Kinda' pricey for an emblem... but yeah, it will definitely work. Have no clue why original replacements cannot be found. I saw one somewhere about two years ago, but nowhere now. Should have saved the link then, just in case.

Like I said, it will work! Thanks for the reply!

Old 05-10-2013, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Do you mean the "red H" emblem?

If so, most of the ones you see are reps (including the J's, Spoon, Mugen, etc, etc.)... The only genuine one is the Honda one from the Civic Si or was it the Civic Type-R (UK & other markets), not sure if it's sold seperately or if you have to buy the whole horn cover. afaik.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:02 PM
FitStir is right....you would have to replace the whole horn cover to get the OEM silver one (and then that one would peel eventually). It is not a stick on--it is anchored in by 13 rubber connections. There would be no way to connect a new one in. Easiest thing is to buy a red H replica. The one I linked above is high quality plastic--not a flimsy sticker.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by annunC8
Does anyone know where to get a new GE Honda steering wheel emblem? How to remove the old one and replace with new?

The metallic is rubbing off of my emblem and it's rapidly becoming a crappy-looking cream colored with only remnants of the original silver. Have no clue how it's rubbing off... I never even get near the thing when I'm driving.

My ideal choice would be to replace it with another. If that's not possible, I would settle for the other type of emblem that just mounts overtop of the original like the J's Racing JDM emblems I've seen here and there. Problem is, I cannot seem to locate one of the J's Racing type of emblems any longer.

Thanks... any help would be appreciated.
There is no OEM emblem replacement you can find anywhere because that emblem is machine lock to your steering wheel. The only option you have is to paint it or buy the JDM emblems on ebay. When i replaced mine i carefully cut the pins to full out the emblem for better fitment and insert the JDM emblem.

Last edited by Jazz_CBP; 05-10-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Ok, thanks everyone... I appreciate your time.

I think I remember seeing an original replacement on some site awhile back. At the time I wondered why someone would want to replace what is already there to begin with. Little did I know mine would crap out on me and look like, uhhm, crap!

Maybe I just thought they were steering wheel emblems... or maybe I saw 3rd-party duplicates on eBay.

Anyway, thanks again, everyone... guess I'll be buying a red one.

Wish I could find one with a blue background instead of the red. I have a Blue Sensation Pearl GE. If anyone knows of any blue JDM steering wheel emblems let me know.