Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Need a new (non-JDM/red) steering wheel emblem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Need a new (non-JDM/red) steering wheel emblem?

It seems like several have searched for an OEM replacement for the peeling/discolored "H" steering wheel emblem without success. Honda doesn't list it as a separate part in their part diagrams, and after searching, I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. The only compromise I've seen suggested is the JDM-style red adhesive logo, but personally I wanted something similar to the original. Because of the pinned design that holds the emblem on the steering wheel, I doubt you could successfully transplant one from a junked Fit.

Maybe someone else here has already pointed it out, but I found one on eBay similar to the JDM-style, in a black/chrome finish that looks very similar to the original emblem. Very reasonable at only $5, though it does come from China. Looks to be of quality. I haven't received mine yet, but when I do I will report back. Based on what I've read, I would recommend removing the original emblem before installation, some say the adhesive doesn't stick well if your emblem is peeling. I imagine it would sit more flush anyway. Here's the link:

Black H Car Steering Wheel Badge Emblem Sticker | eBay

FYI, the logo on the GE is ~50mm (w) x ~40mm (h), looks like GD is probably the same.

Wanted to share this info with the forum as well as the forum guests from Google or otherwise, which I would guess represents the vast majority of total viewers. Not familiar with all of the forum rules yet, if this is "advertising/illegal" feel free to take the link down.

Thanks for all of the great info! If this helps even one person, I'm happy.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Did you install this?

Old 05-14-2014, 04:47 PM
I did, apologies for not responding after I did. It looks exactly as it does in the photo and fits perfectly into the original cutout, except for the raised sections that went around the original logo which I cut out. I did a fairly sloppy job cutting it out, so around the edges there are a few nicks, but overall it looks very good. With the right tools (like a dremel) this is a nice replacement for the non-replaceable OEM.

I'll post a picture of it installed soon.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:14 AM
My emblem on the steering wheel looks bad. It appears there is no OEM replacement. That would be what I would want, but I understand this involves cover everything apart, which I definitely don't want to do! Any alternatives here in 2018?

Old 11-26-2021, 01:37 AM
I need a new steering h emblem

Help me i need a new steering emblem in ted color and front and back too like amazon ebay thank you!!