2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Question: Reverse light wire tap for backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Question Question: Reverse light wire tap for backup camera

So I tried searching but had little luck.

Here's what I need. I'm installing a Sony XAV-64BT headunit in my 2011 Fit Sport. Everything is wired up and working. The last thing I need is to connect the reverse input wire (purple) on the Sony HU to the reverse wire in the Fit (or as Sony puts it "a 12V reverse lead in your car"). After much searching I know that it is a green wire in the driver side fuse box. The problem is that there are lots of green wire under there. I want to make sure I'm taping into the correct green one. I'm getting information from the search but was wondering if someone can help out with a picture or a diagram. I know what needs to be done (I think): connect the reverse input wire from the Sony to the reverse wire in the car (green wire, under the fuse box, I think). Just want some visual confirmation before doing it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Old 01-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by fitagent

Here's what I need. I'm installing a Sony XAV-64BT headunit in my 2011 Fit Sport. Everything is wired up and working. The last thing I need is to connect the reverse input wire (purple) on the Sony HU to the reverse wire in the Fit (or as Sony puts it "a 12V reverse lead in your car"). After much searching I know that it is a green wire in the driver side fuse box. The problem is that there are lots of green wire under there. I want to make sure I'm taping into the correct green one. I'm getting information from the search but was wondering if someone can help out with a picture or a diagram. I know what needs to be done (I think): connect the reverse input wire from the Sony to the reverse wire in the car (green wire, under the fuse box, I think). Just want some visual confirmation before doing it.

I need help too same sony unit in a 2010 honda fit 5 spd

Old 04-22-2014, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by kevo83lbc
I need help too same sony unit in a 2010 honda fit 5 spd
A thread a few up stated that it's Connector C, Pin 21. I don't have a wiring diagram or I'd link you to what the connector looks like.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
Try Fuse #5 - 10 A Back-up light (via back-up light switch) (M/T), Back-up light (via MICU) (A/T), Transmission
range switch (A/T)

Name:  Untitled-8.jpg
Views: 10156
Size:  19.9 KB

Last edited by Black3sr; 04-22-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:38 AM
I just did this on my Fit and in my opinion the easiest way to do this for future installs is to run an extra wire with the rca cable that runs to your monitor or HU. Its a shorter run to do it to the fuse box but its such a tight area that I found it easier to tap both the camera power and the HU signal wire both to the reverse light.

Old 09-16-2023, 06:14 PM
Located!

Originally Posted by fitagent

2010 sport did mine with the BOSS sytem.

The harness is right next to a green 30 amp fuse on the front of the interior fuse box (closer to the engine). It is the smaller green wire with gray bands/spots. See the pics.

This harness

This wire