2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Sound processors w/factory nav headunit

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Sound processors w/factory nav headunit

Anyone here familiar with sound processors? I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I really enjoy how the factory navigation headunit works and how it's integrated into everything. I wanted the nav option and paid for it, so I want to keep it.

However, I've also had upgraded stereos in all my prior cars. I want to spend some money on this, but as I understand it, I will need a sound processor to "normalize" the existing signal coming out, right? What processor is good? There are a few out there ranging from a couple hundred bucks to nearly $1000. I don't mind spending the money if it's worth the money.

My intention is to also get some speakers, a smaller sub (hopefully hidden) in the back, and an amplifier (already have a 6 channel from my prior car).

BTW, if anyone knows of a vendor who makes custom hidden subs for the GE8 Fit, please let me know. I don't like the look of a box just sitting there. I utilize the trunk space all the time, plus being 35 years old, I like the clean look.

Thanks!

Old 04-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Some folks are recommending the JL Audio Cleansweep. Reviews on Crutchfield/Amazon are mixed however.

Some say you are forced to use the included volume control. One even says the steering wheel controls are rendered useless. I don't see how that's possible, but it scares me.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:51 PM
I always use AUDIO CONTROL processors.

The last one i had in my 08 Accord EX-L Navi was LC7.

This car I'm doing the new DQ-61

Welcome

JL cleensweep you CAN'T (corrected) use steering wheel volume control.

Last edited by Desmond Lamar MacRae; 05-13-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I couldn't wait and pulled the trigger. :P

Here is the update thread: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...processor.html

Old 05-13-2014, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by shamoo
Thanks for the reply, but I couldn't wait and pulled the trigger. :P

Here is the update thread: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...processor.html
Ok... I'll follow the project now

Old 11-23-2014, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shamoo
Anyone here familiar with sound processors? I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I really enjoy how the factory navigation headunit works and how it's integrated into everything. I wanted the nav option and paid for it, so I want to keep it.

However, I've also had upgraded stereos in all my prior cars. I want to spend some money on this, but as I understand it, I will need a sound processor to "normalize" the existing signal coming out, right? What processor is good? There are a few out there ranging from a couple hundred bucks to nearly $1000. I don't mind spending the money if it's worth the money.

My intention is to also get some speakers, a smaller sub (hopefully hidden) in the back, and an amplifier (already have a 6 channel from my prior car).

BTW, if anyone knows of a vendor who makes custom hidden subs for the GE8 Fit, please let me know. I don't like the look of a box just sitting there. I utilize the trunk space all the time, plus being 35 years old, I like the clean look.

Thanks!

If money doesn't matter to you I will look into the Audison bit ten D or the bit one. I have the Bit one installed and it made my car audio sound very clean.

Old 11-24-2014, 04:22 PM
Okay guys so after speaking with the Audio control rep I always call b4 buying a processor for the new car i purchase. He stated that the DQ-61 was overboard really. He explained to me to get the updated LC7 piece i previously had on my 08 Accord EX-L w/ NAVI. It's called LC-7i. Much cheaper at 149.99 than the DQ-61 (499.99 MSRP). Audio Control is my processor brand of choice.