2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Projector Retrofit

Old 07-10-2019, 09:07 AM
Projector Retrofit

Guys, I did a cheap projector retrofit in my 09 base as the headlights were not as bright as I wanted and I have always thought about doing one on my other vehicle. Since this is my mileage car/secondary car, I felt that I could take my time and get this done over a long weekend (4th of July). Ended up not being that difficult at all. Here is everything that I bought:

LED Bulbs: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-H1-150...53.m2749.l2649
Projector Housings: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-H1-HID-...53.m2749.l2649
Harness for H4 to H1 bulb as well as high beam cutoff shied power: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Easy-Relay-...53.m2749.l2649

Total for these parts was a little over $45, plus I did a headlight restoration kit which was another $15 from Menard's. Also got some cheap black paint and painted the headlight reflector black as well as the trim on the headlights to match. Wish I would have taken more pictures throughout the process, but this is all I have for right now. These projectors are meant for HIDs (which I may still do in the future) so the LED bulb was a tight fit. I needed to Dremel some of the housing in order to get the bulb to insert in the projector. Light quality seems decent so far, but I have not driven at night yet. If I find the quality of light to be insufficient for my needs, I will go full HID with these projectors. One thing I liked about LED is that the DLR works with these and I know it will not with the HIDs. Sorry that I do not have more pictures at the moment, but I will update further on when I get more pictures and night output.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:54 PM
I remember when I did my retrofit on my DC Integra, I bought S2K AP1 projectors for $300 and the bulbs for $100.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:03 AM
good job! more pics! and let us know how bulbs your using work out. would be nice if the Leds work as to keep the temps in the headlight housing down a bit since thats a contributing factor to the lenses hazing.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:27 AM
Definitely post some night time output photos!

Old 07-12-2019, 12:03 PM

Sorry to keep everyone waiting, but it has been a busy week at work and with the kid. Here are some closer shots, but I need to do more when I get better lighting in the evening and of course night output shots(I don't even know what that looks like yet). Sorry for the glare on these (probably can see my truck better than the actual headlight). Also, looks like I need to run the polishing pad some more on these lenses.

Old 07-13-2019, 12:36 PM
Looking forward to more pictures and output as well. I put in some new Sylvania xtreme bulbs in my stock housing and seems to be only a marginal difference, so would like to see what a reasonably priced retrofit looks like. Thanks!