Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Just finish fx-r retro

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Just finish fx-r retro

HEy guys I just wanted to share that i've recently finished my fx-r retrofit on 08 honda fit sports. I got the preojectors from TRS along with shrouds and harness. Everything worked out great from them but my only complaint is the hid kit i got from ddm. Their d2s bulbs don't evenly shine through the projector so i have 2 hotspots when im driving :[
But i just placed an order for a pair of 85122+ bulbs. I will post some pics later on.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
Why didn't you just get the bulbs from TRS in the first place?

I must be the only one that HATES retrofitting the OEM headlight housing with just one projector. Though I admit, it's pretty hard to put two and be easily replaceable when needed. But still... that one projector in the middle of a huge reflector bowl.

I swapped out my housing for a dual bulb setup, for the low beam it has a projector, though I'm not sure if it "officially" supports HIDs or just for Halogens. If nothing else, I can retrofit THAT with Morimoto Minis.

In any case, as long as you like it, right?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:09 AM
You'll get better results and performance from 85122+ bulbs. If not check to make sure the DDM bulbs are seated properly.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
Why didn't you just get the bulbs from TRS in the first place?
Well this was my first retrofit and to me ddm made decent hid kits for a good price compared to trs morimotos hid kits. and im curious where would you get a custom housing with two bulbs??

Old 04-17-2011, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member
08 09 Honda Fit LED Strip Projector Headlights - Chrome (R8 Style) <--- that's what I bought... but,

09-11 Honda Fit Halo Projector Headlights - Pair (Black) <--- this is where I got it. they're not listing the chrome version.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ten-alive.html <--- talks about me installing it. And some pics further down.

When I bought it, it was listed as 07-09... and as such, doesn't completely fit (two upper mounts) and my turn signals are a bit goofy, since the stock signals don't fit. I don't know if they modified it to fit more properly or not, but they did change the listing to 09-11. :|

Because the two upper mounts don't fit, I never reattached the top part of my bumper... it's sticking down a little (but you'd have to be up close and know about it, to notice it).

I haven't wired up the Halos and LEDs, because I don't want to splice into OE wiring. If I could get some adapter, I'd splice the adapter.

If another company comes out with a dual bulb housing for the Fit, I might consider replacing what I have. What I really want to do... is use BOTH bulbs at the same time (both bi-xenon, while I'm at it). That way, if I "flash" an oncoming driver cause they're pissing me off, they'll KNOW it.

I just tried doing a google to see if there's anything like this for the GD, no dice. Unless you want to try to fit one from a "Jazz" (aka, European Honda Fit). There might be similar (or worse) mounting issues. http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...dlamp-new.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...headlight.html

Last edited by Goobers; 04-17-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers

What I really want to do... is use BOTH bulbs at the same time (both bi-xenon, while I'm at it). That way, if I "flash" an oncoming driver cause they're pissing me off, they'll KNOW it.
Well you can easily make both bulbs be as your low beams or both lowbeams with bixenon is you just do sum extra wiring if you get add a relay to your set up.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sdnhatb
Well you can easily make both bulbs be as your low beams or both lowbeams with bixenon is you just do sum extra wiring if you get add a relay to your set up.
Oh, if it were just the wiring, I probably would've tried it, but it's a little bit more.

The outer position is setup for low beam only, the inner is for high beam only, which means I'd have to retrofit at least the inner position to a bi-xenon.

But the truth is... I'm lazy. As you've already done your retrofit, you know how much time and effort needs to be put in. Who knows, maybe somewhere down the line, I'll give it a try.