Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

important hid info

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Post important hid info

check out this this link,Thinking of converting to HID? - High-Intensity I was going to get hid before I read this, I had them in my integra before I bought my fit, and i also put them in my girlfriends element, but now I think I might be removing them, and waiting for a hid headlight housing to be made for the fit, so does anybody have any suggestions on a quality halogen bulb upgrade.

Last edited by japspeed; 10-30-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:36 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
They are illegal, They dont have the Best beam pattern.... BUT Visibility IS increased. I can no longer a drive a vehicle that has halogen bulbs because of the poor output of light. Keep in mind that even a true Retrofit using projectors from OEM cars are ALSO illegal... Getting a housing with a projector and adding a HID kit is also no good. It is RARE that a aftermarket company will let out a true HID projector headlight replacement. They are usually Halogen projector and when in use with HID kits dont work very well. Anyone can say something bad about anything and give a million reasons why its bad.... This is probably just some dude that is strictly into True retrofits, and thinks the PNP kits are "Rice" Notice there was nothing bad said about the true retrofit although it is also illegal?

Old 10-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I hate being blinded by other peoples poorly installed HID's. I'm sticking with my upgraded Halogen bulbs.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
They are illegal, They dont have the Best beam pattern.... BUT Visibility IS increased. I can no longer a drive a vehicle that has halogen bulbs because of the poor output of light. Keep in mind that even a true Retrofit using projectors from OEM cars are ALSO illegal... Getting a housing with a projector and adding a HID kit is also no good. It is RARE that a aftermarket company will let out a true HID projector headlight replacement. They are usually Halogen projector and when in use with HID kits dont work very well. Anyone can say something bad about anything and give a million reasons why its bad.... This is probably just some dude that is strictly into True retrofits, and thinks the PNP kits are "Rice" Notice there was nothing bad said about the true retrofit although it is also illegal?
thanks for the input, I will probably still do hid in my fit, since I have had them in the past, and really miss them, and swore I would only have hid in all my vehicles from now on. I think im going with xenith xenons, 6000k bi-xenon,( moving bulb hi low ) , and 3000k in the fogs.