Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID bulbs in halogen projector?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
HID bulbs in halogen projector?

Hey everyone, i'm just curious on what woulud happen if i put HID bulbs in a halogen projector instead of a HID projector. Super wierd pattern?

Old 01-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Banned
strange pattern and you will blind everyone coming at you

Old 01-20-2008, 11:16 PM
I live down in CA but I thinks its illegal and as above^^^ you would blind an @#$%load of folks. As far as actuall spread and pattern...ummm...idunno...a blinding pattern hahaaaa

Last edited by Snap Fit; 01-21-2008 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Because once you go "edit" you never go back.....
Old 01-21-2008, 12:17 AM
I will high beam you like crazy if you had them on.......

Not a good idea........

Old 01-21-2008, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
maybe u guys judging hid kits onto halogen reflector cuz maybe in other cars theyre mad crazy at blinding. But the Fit doesnt has this problem, im a HID kit owner with my Fit and there is absolutely no problems in blinding oncoming traffic at a normal road position. Maybe if your going an uphill road u could have some, but its not that theyre HIDs, its just that theyre stronger than halogens, which can cause the same problem as any light directed onto ur eyes. Just try to choose a bixenon bulb, which would have a metal shield around the glass tube itself, preventing crazy glare in the headlight pattern.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
don't the integra headlights(usdm and jdm) have halogen projectors?

believe it or not, they have cut off lines. its not as THICK or crazy like an authentic projector. but it has a cut off line. you know the blue/purple line across the top and just light on the bottom.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:17 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fits_all
maybe u guys judging hid kits onto halogen reflector cuz maybe in other cars theyre mad crazy at blinding. But the Fit doesnt has this problem, im a HID kit owner with my Fit and there is absolutely no problems in blinding oncoming traffic at a normal road position. Maybe if your going an uphill road u could have some, but its not that theyre HIDs, its just that theyre stronger than halogens, which can cause the same problem as any light directed onto ur eyes. Just try to choose a bixenon bulb, which would have a metal shield around the glass tube itself, preventing crazy glare in the headlight pattern.
what bi xenon kit are you running?

Old 01-21-2008, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
Here ya go. Bi-xenon hid kit into my halogen housings. A lot of us here in socal are running HID's and it's not as bad as i thought. I've seen worse. my friend bought aftermarket headlights (w/ projectors) for his Chrysler 300 and the cutoff was ABSOLUTELY HIDEOUS!!! It went everywhere, i swear it didn't brighten up 5 feet in front of the car, so the fits actually does pretty good.

YouTube - MFactory HID Kit on 2007 Honda Fit

Here is a vid of my HID's in action. Again, this is a bi-xenon kit. I did the headlight adjustment (turned it 1.5 turns) and i have never been flashed. I also made my sister drive my fit and follow me 2 make sure and sure enough, there was no glare from the back of my mom's camry while i was driving it. Same goes for a head-on approach.

I'm not saying it's razor sharp like smeister's retrofit (btw great writeups!!) but it's not that bad.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
what bi xenon kit are you running?
bi-xenon "moving" hid kit from XLS...i dont know where the F their website went. Maybe went out of business, sh!t..there goes my warranty. Although my kit is very nice and havent had problems since i have owned them. just get a bixenon kit with a moving bulb, which will have the shield that im talking about.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned

I'm judging based off of my own experience with HID in a halogen reflector, I had them adjusted really low, but you still get spider webbing that reflects out in uncontrollable ways. Then you get to the point where you've adjusted them so low that becomes and issue of why even bother with HID at all,

Old 01-21-2008, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
oh alright..but was it with the Fit?
because thats what i tried to state in my comment, Fits dont have glare issues with bixenon hid kits which bulbs have a metal shield around the glass tube itself

Old 01-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned
oh alright..but was it with the Fit?
because thats what i tried to state in my comment, Fits dont have glare issues with bixenon hid kits which bulbs have a metal shield around the glass tube itself
nah, it was on my cb7 in my jdm headlights, but I was using a cutoff shield

Old 05-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
Here is a vid of my HID's in action. Again, this is a bi-xenon kit. I did the headlight adjustment (turned it 1.5 turns) and i have never been flashed. I also made my sister drive my fit and follow me 2 make sure and sure enough, there was no glare from the back of my mom's camry while i was driving it. Same goes for a head-on approach.

I'm not saying it's razor sharp like smeister's retrofit (btw great writeups!!) but it's not that bad.
Hey I just installed 6000K 35WATT BI-XENON H.I.Ds into my fit gd =D it's looking great but I need to aim the headlights lower, just wandering where you adjust the screw,i've been searching forever but there's no clear pictures and details to where i can find it. It's such a pain having to handle the headlights from the wheel area already =s Could you take pics or tell me clearly where i could find the aiming bolts are? MANY THANKS!

Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
if its a GE8 then its the screw on top of the housing with an arrow circling it....do it in a garage to aim the lights against the wall to make sure you are lowering it.

I like it lowered since I live in a city and have plenty of lighting down the road, it the pot holes I need to see...

Old 05-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I hated my HID kit in my fit. The cutoff was good. Not blinding. Color was bright white. I just didn't want it to be on all the time during the day. And sometimes when I turn on the car, the passenger headlight wouldn't come on. And ill have to turn off the car just to reset it instead of a simple switch. Maybe it was just my kit but that's the last time I'm going HID without projectors.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Santiad
if its a GE8 then its the screw on top of the housing with an arrow circling it....do it in a garage to aim the lights against the wall to make sure you are lowering it.

I like it lowered since I live in a city and have plenty of lighting down the road, it the pot holes I need to see...
He said GD...

Fog lights are better for spotting potholes. the reason depends on the road (material).

I've noticed that some potholes aren't very visible when only my headlights shine on them, because the light won't create any shadow you can see since it's close to the same angle you are looking.

But the fog lights are lower so it gives just enough of an angle to create a shadow for you to see.

Originally Posted by pig_pit
I hated my HID kit in my fit. The cutoff was good. Not blinding. Color was bright white. I just didn't want it to be on all the time during the day. And sometimes when I turn on the car, the passenger headlight wouldn't come on. And ill have to turn off the car just to reset it instead of a simple switch. Maybe it was just my kit but that's the last time I'm going HID without projectors.
On all the time? you needed to pull the DRL fuse. Once you do that, no more DRL and the HID will only come on for low or high beam.

The reason the passenger light sometimes doesn't come on, is the same reason my driver's side doesn't. When you're starting the car with the lights on, the car diverts most, if not all, the power to starting the car. So the lights will get less/varying voltage in the line and that screws with the ballast. I normally just flip my lights off and then back on to get them to work again. But my headlight setup is different from stock (dual bulbs).

Both issues will still happen even with projectors.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Thanks guys but I finally found it today, it's such a weird spot because everyone told me there was a philip screw and there was, however, there's a metal cover which hides it but a hole which shows gears inside. I just stuck a 'minus sign' screw into the hole and pushed the gears right for lower and left for higher aims. Man I love these H.I.DS! For some reason, every time I install a new mod such as my Day light running lights or smd parker and license lights, the cops are always ALWAYS behind me lmao. Luckily I made sure everything was legal =D

Old 08-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Hey eheherickyy.. can u post a pic of the screws and how u ajust it.. i did a lot of research as well.. but nothing like fit.. thx