2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

HID? Bulbs or Kit?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:13 PM
HID? Bulbs or Kit?

Any Fit owners out there added HID?

i'm usually don't like fake HID bulbs but since this won't be our primary car, i don't mind. not sure what you guys recommend...

HID bulb? what brand, type?
HID Kit? what brand, type, Installation?

thanks

going to be a new Fit owner this weekend.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Do a projector retrofit if you actually want lighting that is useful. if you want to go for the look, pick up some decent halogen bulbs with the right Kelvin rating so you get the color and "look" you want. Whatever you do, don't drop an HID kit into the Reflector housings on the FIT as it only creates glare for other drivers, lowers your own inability to see at night due to scattered light reflecting off of all sorts of things on either side of (and above) the car, and looks soooo ricer/cheap.

Halogen bulbs will do just as good at lighting while not creating these other hazards above.

What's your intent with this vehicle? Improve lighting, or just a different look?

~SB

Old 08-31-2011, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
You can aim your HIDs so they dont blind as much right?

I vote retrofitting tho. Looks smexy.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GGPJON
You can aim your HIDs so they dont blind as much right?

I vote retrofitting tho. Looks smexy.
Realistically, by the time they are pointed down enough to limit the blinding of other drivers, (or limiting the amount of light reflected back at you), you've negated the potential extra benefit of HIDs. HIDs need to be in the proper housing to be useful.

some people want to be able to say "I HAVE HIDs" and if that's the case for the OP, maybe the solution is pointing them at the ground.

My personal preferece is that they should be beneficial and not impact others at the same time.

HOEN makes some nice halogen bulbs. GE also makes some decent Halogen bulbs. Avoid the original silverstars from sylvania but I've heard the ultras are decent.

~SB

Old 09-01-2011, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eggyacid
Any Fit owners out there added HID?

i'm usually don't like fake HID bulbs but since this won't be our primary car, i don't mind. not sure what you guys recommend...

HID bulb? what brand, type?
HID Kit? what brand, type, Installation?

thanks

going to be a new Fit owner this weekend.
My friend and I bought a few kits from this person and we are all very happy with the HID conversion kit.

**$1 SHIPPING** H3 H11 H1 9005 9006 H7 HID Kit 6000K | eBay

Check it out. His listing has alot of detailed, useful information about HID kits in general. He has the H4 (9003/HB2) bulb size available for the 2009+ Honda Fits. Basically, you can get H4-1, which is low beam only and you give up high beams. H4-2 has xenon light for low beam and you will have a miniature bulb for high beams (just to have some light). H4-3 is a bi-xenon, meaning your high and low beams will be xenon lights. If you have questions, you can ask the seller questions through Ebay as well. He is quite helpful and give you recommendations.

Good luck!

Old 09-04-2011, 10:43 PM
A lot of HID installs are not what they are cracked up to be. Often you end up only with low beam. No high beam at all...no matter what the seller says. They always blame it on either: the car, or the installation, even when you follow instructions to the letter.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wetphoto
A lot of HID installs are not what they are cracked up to be. Often you end up only with low beam. No high beam at all...no matter what the seller says. They always blame it on either: the car, or the installation, even when you follow instructions to the letter.
well, you have to make sure you're buying the right kit.

it has to say bi-xenon or hi/lo for H4 bulbs, otherwise it will be single beam setups.

This is one reason why I avoid sales like ebay, you can't always be sure what they will give you.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:41 PM
first post to first thread. Picked up a 09 Fit Sport and lighting always pleases me and seems to be an inexpensive upgrade over some others. I would love some 6k HIDs with matching fogs that I had on my 09 Silverado. Anyone who puts these in stock housings should smash into a wall! Do it right, thanks in advance all. Specboy, you may be my new bff (lol) based on your posts so far... I got my last HID kit from DDMTuning. Any other recommendations?

Last edited by kcbates85; 09-04-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
well, you have to make sure you're buying the right kit.

it has to say bi-xenon or hi/lo for H4 bulbs, otherwise it will be single beam setups.

This is one reason why I avoid sales like ebay, you can't always be sure what they will give you.
Yep...but even if it says the right kit, you may not get it. A lot of hucksters selling HID.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
My friend has a 2007 Honda Fit Sport and he got his from this ebay seller and it was legit.
The ebay seller is actually a local vendor that has been selling HIDs for over 10 years and has recently started selling on ebay.

Here's the link and you can message the seller about H4 Bi-xenons if that is what you prefer. He has all of the different variations of the H4s in stock, in different colour temperatures too. Just message him and he will hook you up!

**$1 SHIPPING** H3 H11 H1 9005 9006 H7 HID Kit 6000K | eBay

Old 09-05-2011, 11:30 AM
this pretty much sums up HID drop in kits in reflector housings.

Name:  fufu246.jpg
Views: 2672
Size:  80.1 KB

you can get true bi-xenon projector retrofit kits on the retrofit source for around $270. (mini H1 or mini D2S)

mini D2S front end by nes☆, on Flickr

IMG_0974 by nes☆, on Flickr

morimoto mini D2S cutoff by nes☆, on Flickr

please. thank you.

Last edited by neil patrick harris; 09-05-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Really nice setup. I would definitely go for D2S, which you have more bulb selection.
It's nice to see the Fit with projectors and it makes the Fit look so much more advanced, haha.

Did you have to send out the headlamps for the retro?

Old 09-05-2011, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tsx604
Really nice setup. I would definitely go for D2S, which you have more bulb selection.
It's nice to see the Fit with projectors and it makes the Fit look so much more advanced, haha.

I think NPH did his on his own if I remember correctly. The Morimoto Mini is a simple Retro fit. Just disassemble the head light housing. Screw on the projector and then put it back together. No hack jobs required. Right now I'm up in the air between some D2S mini's or some swift springs lol.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by tsx604

thanks.

i did the install myself. several of us on this forum have done the retrofit. if you go with either of the mini kits, it's pretty much screw in and go. all you have to do is bake the housings to to get the front lens off, install the projectors, fix the rotation, put the lens back on and aim. it is so worth the time and effort. it can be completed in 3-4 hours with careful planning and sufficient research.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm really looking into doing this but I'm pretty nervous about messing up the housings or not getting them to seal properly... May just have to wait for aftermarket housings :/

Old 09-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by FitSSM2k10
I'm really looking into doing this but I'm pretty nervous about messing up the housings or not getting them to seal properly... May just have to wait for aftermarket housings :/
it seems more intimidating than it actually is.

the thing with aftermarket housings with projectors is that you still will not likely get that clean, super-sharp cutoff. and i don't know of any aftermarket housings with a bi-xenon projector (solenoid that drops down the cutoff shield for high beams).

if you want to be safe, order a set off aftermarket OEM-style housings on amazon.com or some other place to do your retrofit on. i have a set of TYC branded housings that i bought from amazon for around $230 shipped that i'm going to use on my second retrofit. they're really good quality. this way, you won't be without headlights if you run into problems or just can't finish your retrofit in a day.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:10 PM
s30
Seems like the retro is the way to go.