Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

GI: G3 H4 Bixenon HID Projector Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
GI: G3 H4 Bixenon HID Projector Kit

Since many of us want to get a better light output from our halogens I propose a group buy for the G3 HID projector kit. I have a contact that will supply me with the kit, but a minimum order of 10 people at least. I could order the kits before hand, but that means I will be picking out the angel eye colors.

The group buy is just for the Bi-xenon projectors and HID bulb for H4 only. Why? Because personally the H4 bulb can use the D2S/D2R bulbs from many of the luxury cars such as BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. I prefer to use their bulbs because it will last longer. As for Ballast that is needed you can get them on eBay or some where else for cheap. I prefer the OEM ones as well. I have a set of Hella ballast from a BMW that has been going strong for 5 years.

To save everyone some more money I opted to not include the silicone glue that they supply. After asking and reading reviews it is not worth it because you can get better ones from your local hardware store. With out the glue it reduced the weight of the whole package not by a lot but enough.

Now as for price it will be $135 shipped to any of the 48 states via USPS priority mail.

And to make it sweeter *if possible*, there is a modification to the cut off shield to have more usable light. I will cut out the strip of aluminum and include it in the kit for the end user to install. It just requires you to use JB weld to attach it and thats it. Please do not ask me to do it for you.

Please let me know the following information if you are interested.

Handle name
Angel eye color ( white, yellow, green, blue and red)
Color temp (4300k - 10000k) (I'd suggest 6000k for best useable Light ouput and brightness)

Payments will not be due until I have the items in hand. Delivery time from overseas to me will be 25 days. I will notify all potential buyers once I recieve the kits. I will only accept payments via Paypal to confirmed addresses.

P.S These projectors are not the 7 color changing led ones that face the back of the projector.

Modified Cut off (taken from 8thgen civic forum)

Last edited by danger69; 12-27-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:07 PM
G3 projectors

Hey I just saw your post about the group buy on google and I'm very interested. This is actually my first time on this website and I only registered so that I could PM you because I'm a Subaru guy. I definitely want to get in on this deal but I probably won't be on this forum very much so if you could keep me up to date via email, it would be great! My email is Rabinowitzc@gmail.com. Thanks alot!

This is the forum I'm usually on and you might even consider posting the group buy over there, too! RS25.com: Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community - Powered by vBulletin My username there is CTR.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
im interested but id like to see some pics of the kit

Old 02-10-2010, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
im interested if this is still going. PM me please

Old 02-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member

Old 02-18-2010, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I'm interested too, I've been looking at these 3G online, they sell for about $60-70 without the ballasts. I would like to see a complete kit, with a slim or digital ballast. Also tells whats new about them, are they really 3rd generation? I couldn't see any differences other then cosmetic.