2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Motor Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 02:33 PM
Window Motor Honda Fit

My driver window stopped working. I ordered and received a replacement motor assembly. Before installing it on the door, I plugged it and it does go up but not down. So my question to the expert, is this normal and is the weight of the glass that brings it down? It is new. This is for a FIT 2013 Sport.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Bigmo
My driver window stopped working. I ordered and received a replacement motor assembly. Before installing it on the door, I plugged it and it does go up but not down. So my question to the expert, is this normal and is the weight of the glass that brings it down? It is new. This is for a FIT 2013 Sport.

Hi, Welcome to the forum, I just joined my self. From what you are describing sounds like your window regulator is bad, (the plastic tabs that bolt the glass) Usually break over time because they are plastic and can become brittle over the years especially being 6 years old.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:38 PM
Thanks but I'm not sure I understand. What I was saying is that I received a brand new assembly (motor, bracket, etc..) all in one piece. I unplugged the old motor, still on the door, plug the new assembly while holding it and it does go UP when pressing the up button but will not go down when pressing the down button. Could it be possible that my old motor, still installed, is good and the problem is the button cluster?
I am ready to return the new assembly as defective but may be nothing is wrong with it? Should I order a new buttons assembly?

Old 09-14-2019, 01:50 PM
Thanks but I'm not sure I understand. What I was saying is that I received a brand new assembly (motor, bracket, etc..) all in one piece. I unplugged the old motor, still on the door, plug the new assembly while holding it and it does go UP when pressing the up button but will not go down when pressing the down button. Could it be possible that my old motor, still installed, is good and the problem is the button cluster?
I am ready to return the new assembly as defective but may be nothing is wrong with it? Should I order a new buttons assembly?
Ohh I see sorry, for the confusion.

So old assembly, press up, it goes up .. press down and it goes down.
New Assembly, press up, goes up, press down, nothing happens?

Is it possible that the Prevent windows going down button is pressed?

Old 09-14-2019, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by mykizism
Ohh I see sorry, for the confusion.

So old assembly, press up, it goes up .. press down and it goes down.
New Assembly, press up, goes up, press down, nothing happens?

Is it possible that the Prevent windows going down button is pressed?
So here it is. The original motor assembly is still installed in the door. Last time I used, it went up but that's it. It will not come down. So the glass is closed in the up position (TTL for that, we had horrible rain the last couple of days). When I received the new assembly, I unplugged the old one, plug the new one while holding it, and it did go up (did not run all the way to the top) but when trying to lower, nothing happened. Press up a little more, it did move up, still will not come down. So, what I'm thinking now is that since my window is up but not down, could it be the switch (buttons) is not responding to down.
Also, the security (prevent) is in the right position since all 3 other windows work fine.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:20 PM
So here it is. The original motor assembly is still installed in the door. Last time I used, it went up but that's it. It will not come down. So the glass is closed in the up position (TTL for that, we had horrible rain the last couple of days). When I received the new assembly, I unplugged the old one, plug the new one while holding it, and it did go up (did not run all the way to the top) but when trying to lower, nothing happened. Press up a little more, it did move up, still will not come down. So, what I'm thinking now is that since my window is up but not down, could it be the switch (buttons) is not responding to down.
Also, the security (prevent) is in the right position since all 3 other windows work fine.
Yeah right now its pointing at the switch assembly (The buttons) on the door panel. Either the lock windows down option is pressed or the switch itself has debris that's preventing the electrical contact to take place.

You can try to disassemble the switch assembly and clean the contact points if possible. But these things go bad with a lot cars.