2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Does tint lighten just after install?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Does tint darken after install?

Ok, so last Thurs this shop put Llumar ATR35 on my windows.

Then I saw minor scratches swirled on my 2 back windows, so today they replaced those 2 tints with supposedly the same Llumar ATR35.

When I got home just now I see that those 2 back windows appear 1 or 2 shades LIGHTER than the rest.

The shop says since the job is a few hours old, it needs to dry and it's gonna appear lighter than the tint from last week.

Is this true?? I'm kinda freakin' out right now. I'm a Fit Freak.

Last edited by CrystalFiveMT; 09-17-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
It may look slightly different until it dries and cures out, give it a few days and if it doesn`t change take it back and let them look at it.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Sure hope so.

BTW the title should read, "Does tint DARKEN a few days after install?"

Old 09-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
It'll be OK. If it doesn't match after a few days, have them redo the whole job. It might be from a different batch of film or something and not really match. But I think it will settle and match OK. Why would they give you a line when they know if you aren't happy you will just come back?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
It'll be OK. If it doesn't match after a few days, have them redo the whole job. It might be from a different batch of film or something and not really match. But I think it will settle and match OK. Why would they give you a line when they know if you aren't happy you will just come back?
I guess it's just bad luck or they're total screw ups. Even if they do the job again I'm afraid that they'll do a half ass job or scratch something in my car for spite, even though it's not my fault.

I looked at the tints again. It's nighttime but I can see clearly and I parked it next to a white wall in a lighted parking structure. The new tints aren't even GREEN!! So they're about 2 shades lighter and not even green. It almost looks like there's no tint, though I'm sure there is because I watched him do the whole job. But even last week when I got the original tints I remember them to be darker, a lot darker such that it was difficult to see anything in the back. Now I can see the seatbacks and such.

Tomorrow I'm planning to take it back to the shop and show them. Then I'll go on from there. But OMG can't anyone do a job right? Not even the 2nd try???!!!! I'm ever so paranoid now to let anyone work on my cars. They just screw it up.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Got any pictures? It would be interesting to see how big of difference there is.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:14 AM
5 Year Member
maybe since it's still wet and there is water between the film and the glass that is causing it to block light differently and the parts they did first are just dryer

Old 09-18-2008, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
By the time I post pictures the issue will prolly be resolved one way or another, lol.

I honestly don't think they're the same film. The new tints are lighter and have no green to them. It looks too different. Plus I remember the minute after they installed the original tint last week I noticed the darkness of the overall tints and especially how dark it looked in the back seat area.

I'm gonna stop by the shop at lunch today. I bet once they see what I'm talking about they'll admit to their mistake (#2) and do it over.