2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First pics of Orange Revolution by owner in Canada!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Smart. I was pretty surprised when my dealer told me he couldn't order any accessories until the car physically arrived on the lot. I signed the papers Thursday of last week (Sept 18) so had my list of accessories in to them on that day. Oh well. He didn't seem to think there would be any back orders but I'm thinking that the centre armrest console may be delayed. We'll see. At least after 9 weeks wait for my order to come in (to the day) then 5 more days for pick-up, I will REALLY appreciate this car all the more!
Congratulations! Nice car. Guess you are really anxious. Sept 18 was just yesterday not last week.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Fitlurker
Congratulations! Nice car. Guess you are really anxious. Sept 18 was just yesterday not last week.
Yeah yeah, ok. Changed my post to say Sept 11 which was the day the papers were signed...

Old 09-19-2008, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
rear is drum not disc?

Old 09-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by FITGD3
rear is drum not disc?
Front discs/Rear drums on all trims.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Tow hook locations
You mean having the car towed? Surely you can't tow much with this little car, nor could you tow something from the side part of the bumper...

Old 09-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
You mean having the car towed? Surely you can't tow much with this little car, nor could you tow something from the side part of the bumper...
I think if the Fit gets stuck in a ditch or snowbank, the tow truck hooks up his tow hook via that port....

Old 09-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Congrats! Sweet colour.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Just picked up my Orange Revolution Sport A/T!!! Woohoo. High seated position is a little weird but very comfortable and the seat just hugs you! So far, so good (5 mins of ownership). Got ALL accessories installed minus the block heater, car starter, and 1 door edge film (came damaged). Those get installed Thursday of next week.

Took tons of pics but posting just a few here as I'm heading out. One thing...the door switch trim is a carbon fiber look. I expected brush chrome as per the dash trim. Anyone have experience with this part on the '09??? Took a closer looks at the Honda official sites and College Hill - yes, it does appear that the trim pieces for 2009 are carbon fiber looks vs. brushed chrome. Oh well. Fancy touch!

Tint: 35% front, 15% back

Old 09-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Beautiful!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
Congratulations!!!!

You finally got it!

But you know, that carbon fiber trim is an accessory, it's not on the standard car, not on mine. But it looks great, and if you got it thrown in for free, then more to you.

Your back tint looks like my 35% in some pictures, but I like your front 35%. It's what I got.

How do you like your armrest? Is it as high as your left door armrest?

You'll get used to the "high" seating position in a matter of oh, 5 mins.

Congrats on being the first Canadian to post their "Orange Revolution".

Old 09-24-2008, 06:48 PM
it came tinted? That's pretty cool. Nice factory options like armrest, cargo cover/tray. How much OTD? Looks sexy!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Beautiful car!! Looks like you're even wearing a matching shirt!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Ok, having driven it about 80 km now I have some input to provide. The car came stock with the standard Sport trim. I had the following accessories installed: door side moulding, door edge trim, rear bumper applique, locking wheel nuts, cargo cover, cargo tray, all weather mats, centre console, and carbon fiber look door switch trim. To come next week: car starter, block heater, and touch-up paint. I also had the tint done before pick-up so nothing was "thrown in free". Oh well I did get a very nice key chain.

Anyhow, on to my brief list of "minor quibbles":
- no water temperature display nor gear display (for automatic) - think the US Sports have this
- head rest hits you in the head if seat too vertical. Must recline it back so your neck doesn't get strained.
- rear wiper only seems to wipe 1/2 of the windshield
- front passenger wiper is oddly bent so not sure how effective will be in winter
- door B pillars mark very easily - highly recommend the carbon fiber trim!
- cargo cover attaches via snaps to the rear passenger seats so you have to unsnap something like 6-8 snaps to lower the seats. Hassle (but still glad I have a cover)...
- centre console is well padded and you can move it to 3 different positions. Very comfortable to use BUT only has 1 small compartment inside. Still glad I got it. It is as high as the door armrest. I'd recommend it! Makes that centre area look "more finished" but people should be aware that mounting it requires losing the 2 rear passenger cup holders (square anyways so question functionality).
- trim pieces are now carbon fiber - I expected brushed chrome as per the other years, to match the dash trim. However, it is growing on me so not sorry for this one either.
- door edge trim coming up at ends - told dealer this and they will try to fix it next week. Don't think they're expert at installing that tape stuff so you're probably better off getting a pro to do this, if you want.
- rear bumper applique great but black so bound to be constantly dirty
- all weather mats (as seen in pics) also bound to always be dirty and SHOW dirt alot - perhaps I should have gotten the regular mats, on second thought
-edges of seats are "black velour" so will pick up lint and require constant cleaning (if you're a neat freak with your car, as I am)

That's really it. Pretty surprised at the "oomph" this little car has, considering the 117 hp engine. I'm coming from a Mazda3 Sport GT with 160 hp, for reference. Still, quite surprised at the handling and ride. Yes, I bought the car without a test drive and even without having seen a Sport! Crazy girl....

I'm off in a little while to my sister's place. Tomorrow at 8 AM the car is in for Ventureshield application to the entire front end. The hood is quite short so my guy is doing the whole thing.

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 09-25-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Ok, having driven it about 80 km now I have some input to provide. The car came stock with the standard Sport trim. I had the following accessories installed: door side moulding, door edge trim, rear bumper applique, locking wheel nuts, cargo cover, cargo tray, all weather mats, centre console, and carbon fiber look door switch trim. To come next week: car starter, block heater, and touch-up paint. I also had the tint done before pick-up so nothing was "thrown in free". Oh well I did get a very nice key chain.

- no water temperature display nor gear display (for automatic) - think the US Sports have this
- head rest hits you in the head if seat too vertical. Must recline it back so your neck doesn't get strained.
- front passenger wiper is oddly bent so not sure how effective will be in winter
- cargo cover attaches via snaps to the rear passenger seats so you have to unsnap something like 6-8 snaps to lower the seats. Hassle (but still glad I have a cover)...
- centre console is well padded and you can move it to 3 different positions. Very comfortable to use BUT only has 1 small compartment inside. Still glad I got it. It is as high as the door armrest. I'd recommend it! Makes that centre area look "more finished" but people should be aware that mounting it requires losing the 2 rear passenger cup holders (square anyways so question functionality).
- trim pieces are now carbon fiber - I expected brushed chrome as per the other years, to match the dash trim. However, it is growing on me so not sorry for this one either.
- door edge trim coming up at ends - told dealer this and they will try to fix it next week. Don't think they're expert at installing that tape stuff so you're probably better off getting a pro to do this, if you want.
- all weather mats (as seen in pics) also bound to always be dirty and SHOW dirt alot - perhaps I should have gotten the regular mats, on second thought
-edges of seats are "black velour" so will pick up lint and require constant cleaning (if you're a neat freak with your car, as I am)

That's really it. Pretty surprised at the "oomph" this little car has, considering the 117 hp engine. I'm coming from a Mazda3 Sport GT with 160 hp, for reference. Still, quite surprised at the handling and ride. Yes, I bought the car without a test drive and even without having seen a Sport! Crazy girl....

I'm off in a little while to my sister's place. Tomorrow at 8 AM the car is in for Ventureshield application to the entire front end. The hood is quite short so my guy is doing the whole thing.

There IS a water temp indicator - it's on the tach on the bottom. When you start up and it's cold there'll appear a glowing blue temp light. When it's warmed up, it'll disappear. If your car is overheating a red indicator will light up in the same place. It's not a bad idea because it saves a lot of space on the gauge cluster.

So did you opt for the carbon fiber trim or did they mistakenly include it? Where else besides the door armrest trim do you have it?

I don't think I'll get the center armrest mainly because it supposedly changes the way you shift the stick. I got an armrest (aftermarket) for my RSX and it did the same thing, though I didn't mind it. But I think I'll save the $190 or whatever it is.

What door edge trim is coming up at the ends? Can you describe?

The carpet floor mats will literally develop holes where your heel rubs the mat. On my RSX at 30,000 miles I noticed 2 holes going right through the mat. I was surprised. They don't make 'em like they used to. That's why I only get the all season ones.

Yes, the car has decent oomph, especially once you hit 5,000 rpms. But it's the WAY it accelerates and revs that makes it so engaging and fun. Plus, it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:56 PM

Sweet Car! Good summary too. Answered all my questions there about the cargo cover. The tint on the rear windows look lighter than 15% to me like someone else said earlier but could be the angle. Keep us posted on how the Ventureshield looks. Also, have you decided not to undercoat and/or rustproof? Enquiring minds want to know.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Good summary.

Do the all-weather mats have a strong plastic or rubber smell? If they do, I might opt for something else for now.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Nice post! Thanks for the pics. Interesting about the water temperature display only on the US model. I'll verify that.

When I saw the cargo cover, if you don't snap in the clips, you leave like a 2 inch gap for everyone to see (thru). Wondering how come it doesn't sit flush to the back seat?

I'll be picking my TW sport MT this saturday.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by mega56
Nice post! Thanks for the pics. Interesting about the water temperature display only on the US model. I'll verify that.

When I saw the cargo cover, if you don't snap in the clips, you leave like a 2 inch gap for everyone to see (thru). Wondering how come it doesn't sit flush to the back seat?

I'll be picking my TW sport MT this saturday.
The rear seats recline slightly. You must leave room for that.

Mark

Old 09-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Nice pics FitCanada_Girl! Good choice on color! You have convinced me to get the body molding...I think it looks great. Please post photos as well on the Orange Revolution thread in picture forum:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...on-thread.html

Old 09-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Eh, I'd still rather sport a blue or red. Very nice though.

Quick Reply: First pics of Orange Revolution by owner in Canada!