2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First pics of Orange Revolution by owner in Canada!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:49 PM
First pics of Orange Revolution by owner in Canada!

Says it all. Delivered this AM so I popped in for a viewing. LOVE IT! A tad concerned with that lower sporty body moulding since they do seem to reduce the ground clearance quite a bit. There were 2 red DX parked nearby so I can confirm that the Sport ground clearance, despite what the brochure says (which I also picked up today), is much lower. Anyhow, I don't take delivery for another 5 days which will be agony but at least I saw it with my own two eyes!

Old 09-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Retired Moderator
Wow!
LOVE THIS COLOR! Looks sweet man. Congratz on the new ride.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Wow!
LOVE THIS COLOR! Looks sweet man. Congratz on the new ride.
The lady says "thanks...man!"

Old 09-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Sweet car! Mine in the same color is suppose to come in between Monday and Wednesday. I cant wait! Im so excited! That car is beautiful though!

Old 09-19-2008, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
CONGRATS on being the first Canadian Orange Rev pic poster!!

I still have no worries about scraping - I'm used to lower cars, even my stock Integra and RSX were lower.

I told you it would be more difficult now that you've seen your car and you can't have it yet. Wait till you see it after it's prepped with the tires dressing and all - it really looks great when it's cleaned.

Keep the pics rollin in!!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:01 PM
BTW - why is it taking 5 days to prep it?

Old 09-19-2008, 01:05 PM
congrats, looking good!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
CONGRATS on being the first Canadian Orange Rev pic poster!!

I still have no worries about scraping - I'm used to lower cars, even my stock Integra and RSX were lower.

I told you it would be more difficult now that you've seen your car and you can't have it yet. Wait till you see it after it's prepped with the tires dressing and all - it really looks great when it's cleaned.

Keep the pics rollin in!!
Actually, I'm more at peace seing the car actually IN my town (and yes, I confirmed the VIN). At least with my delivery date set and all, yes the next 5 days will be agonizing but not nearly as bad as wondering when it would get here! Next time I see it the car will have Llumar ATR high performance tint (35% front - legal limit in Ontario, 15% back), and hopefully all 12 accessories on it.

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 09-19-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Gorgeous! Congratulations! Keep us posted on your mods.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by lmatthew9
BTW - why is it taking 5 days to prep it?
Well it just arrived this AM and is still sitting on the lot. So, they have to take off all the plastic and do whatever it is they have to do in the PDI. All my accessories could only be ordered today (they can only do so once a car is inputted into their inventory - i.e. sitting on the lot) and it's Friday so it could take to Monday-Tuesday for those to arrive, IF they have inventory on everything. Then they have to install: block heater, car starter, door moulding, door edge film, locking wheel nuts, rear bumper applique, all weather mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, door switch chrome trim, and centre armrest console. An appointment with the tint shop has to be made and the tint actually done. If it would have come in earlier, I would have had it this week but, as is with a Friday arrival, Wednesday was the best they could do....

Old 09-19-2008, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OrangeRevolution
Gorgeous! Congratulations! Keep us posted on your mods.
Ah hah!! That's my supposed tint - Llumar AT or ATR 35 all around except my windshield. The idiots at the shop that installed the tint put scratches on my 2 rear windows and when they redid it I think they put a different film on there. It's lighter and doesn't have the mild green/grey to it.

So tomorrow I'm going to another Llumar dealer, one that has credentials and a long history of doing tints. They say it'll be $55 to redo the rears. I'm not going back to the idiots that can't even see a difference in the 2 tints they put on my car. I just want it done right.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Please take some nice pic`s when all of the accessories are on and the Tint is done.... I have a feeling that this color loves to have Tint on the windows.... Looks better than the standard Fish Bowl look.....
Congrats!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Please take some nice pic`s when all of the accessories are on and the Tint is done.... I have a feeling that this color loves to have Tint on the windows.... Looks better than the standard Fish Bowl look.....
Congrats!
Thanks. Yes, once I pick up the car next Wednesday post tint and (hopefully!) post installation of all the accessories I'll be sure to add more pics here!

Old 09-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Beautiful! Thanks for the photos - and I hope you get your car soon...

But tell me, what is that little hole right above your tailpipe??

Old 09-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Retired Moderator
Tow hook locations

Old 09-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
Beautiful! Thanks for the photos - and I hope you get your car soon...

But tell me, what is that little hole right above your tailpipe??
Not sure but they haven't done anything to the car yet so they put some kind of plug in that hole...

Old 09-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Tow hook locations
Good to know! Thanks....

Old 09-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Well it just arrived this AM and is still sitting on the lot. So, they have to take off all the plastic and do whatever it is they have to do in the PDI. All my accessories could only be ordered today (they can only do so once a car is inputted into their inventory - i.e. sitting on the lot) and it's Friday so it could take to Monday-Tuesday for those to arrive, IF they have inventory on everything. Then they have to install: block heater, car starter, door moulding, door edge film, locking wheel nuts, rear bumper applique, all weather mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, door switch chrome trim, and centre armrest console. An appointment with the tint shop has to be made and the tint actually done. If it would have come in earlier, I would have had it this week but, as is with a Friday arrival, Wednesday was the best they could do....
OIC! Ok, I did not know that you had ordered all those eccessories! WOW! Anyways they told me it would only take 1 day to prep. I should recieve it around the same time a you. Anyways, I know the head mechanic at my local Honda Dealer so he ordered all my accessories through the parts department so I will have them when my car gets here.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by lmatthew9
OIC! Ok, I did not know that you had ordered all those eccessories! WOW! Anyways they told me it would only take 1 day to prep. I should recieve it around the same time a you. Anyways, I know the head mechanic at my local Honda Dealer so he ordered all my accessories through the parts department so I will have them when my car gets here.
Smart. I was pretty surprised when my dealer told me he couldn't order any accessories until the car physically arrived on the lot. I signed the papers Thursday of last week (Sept 11) so had my list of accessories in to them on that day. Oh well. He didn't seem to think there would be any back orders but I'm thinking that the centre armrest console may be delayed. We'll see. At least after 9 weeks wait for my order to come in (to the day) then 5 more days for pick-up, I will REALLY appreciate this car all the more!

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 09-19-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice color and car.

Quick Reply: First pics of Orange Revolution by owner in Canada!