2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

First pics of Orange Revolution by owner in Canada!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Congrats! Great color choice. Mine should look very close in the option dept. I haven't ordered yet but my sales rep is looking for a manual trans Sport......

Cheers

Ted

Old 09-25-2008, 04:43 PM
great choice in color!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Great shots.. you can really see the color variation in the Orange Revo... Glad I ordered this color....

Old 09-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
There IS a water temp indicator - it's on the tach on the bottom. When you start up and it's cold there'll appear a glowing blue temp light. When it's warmed up, it'll disappear. If your car is overheating a red indicator will light up in the same place. It's not a bad idea because it saves a lot of space on the gauge cluster.

There's a few things that the US Sport got that us in Canada didn't, such as gear indicators (1-5) on the automatic. Miss this on mine! I'll have to check on that temp indicator but I'm pretty sure it's not there.

So did you opt for the carbon fiber trim or did they mistakenly include it? Where else besides the door armrest trim do you have it?

I ordered the door panel trim thinking that it would be the brushed chrome, as per other years. Came as quite a surprise when I opened the door and saw the "black on black" look. Actually like it now so it was just the shock of expecting one thing and seing something different.

I don't think I'll get the center armrest mainly because it supposedly changes the way you shift the stick. I got an armrest (aftermarket) for my RSX and it did the same thing, though I didn't mind it. But I think I'll save the $190 or whatever it is.

Sorry, the armrest is actually quite a bit higher than the door armrest. I paid more attention today. It is in a far better position as I find the door one much too low (for me).

What door edge trim is coming up at the ends? Can you describe?

There's an option called "door edge trim" which is a plastic piece the wrap around the edges of all 4 doors. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS! In fact, I'll see if I can get Honda to remove them (they're coming up at ends anyways and bubbling throughout) and get me maybe the carbon fiber vent trim instead (ok, have the bug!)

The carpet floor mats will literally develop holes where your heel rubs the mat. On my RSX at 30,000 miles I noticed 2 holes going right through the mat. I was surprised. They don't make 'em like they used to. That's why I only get the all season ones.

Bozos at Honda didn't install the carpet holder things! Only noticed when I saw my driver mat moved forward. I'll have them do that right next Thursday, when I'm booked for the block heater and car starter.

Yes, the car has decent oomph, especially once you hit 5,000 rpms. But it's the WAY it accelerates and revs that makes it so engaging and fun. Plus, it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow.
So my 4 hour drive South on major highways went VERY well! Missed not using the cruise but I did vary the speed alot for my break-in period. Only time I noticed this was a 117 hp engine was going up hills (kind of funny really - go GR8 Pumpkin, go!) or trying to pass long transports. Had to floor it a couple of times (bad for break-in but wasn't an option) but it did the job. Overall, highly impressed! Listened to my ipod all the way which was a huge bonus. Haven't figured out how to access my "5 mode equalizer" yet and haven't found this in my manual (despite 2 readings) so I'll have to ask Honda.

Car is currently getting the entire front end covered with Ventureshield. The guy will also apply tint to my 2 little front windows. He stated emphatically that there is NO legal restriction on that job. The guy in Sudbury probably told me that to get out of doing that area, which is "finicky to do". Bozo. They're doing it for free too so that's good customer service!

Old 09-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Fitlurker
Sweet Car! Good summary too. Answered all my questions there about the cargo cover. The tint on the rear windows look lighter than 15% to me like someone else said earlier but could be the angle. Keep us posted on how the Ventureshield looks. Also, have you decided not to undercoat and/or rustproof? Enquiring minds want to know.
Oh there's no more inquiring a mind than mine so ask away! I got the electronic rust module installed after all for two reasons. A good friend with 6+ year old Hondas, driving in my area in Northeastern Canada, has the module and nothing else. NOT A SPECK OF RUST! Also, I had my Mazda3 Krown rustproofed yet it developed a serious rust issue over 4 years, despite immaculate care. Not a good endorsement...

Old 09-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish
Good summary.

Do the all-weather mats have a strong plastic or rubber smell? If they do, I might opt for something else for now.
I'm very sensitive to smells and did not detect anything in my brand new car. I personally hate that "new car smell" which = tons of chemicals used to clean it. I do realize the practicality of the all weather mats and like the area covered, but they do show any dirt so will be a pain to keep clean...

Old 09-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by fliptwister
Nice pics FitCanada_Girl! Good choice on color! You have convinced me to get the body molding...I think it looks great. Please post photos as well on the Orange Revolution thread in picture forum:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...on-thread.html
I too think that body moulding is very funcational AND looks great! Just blends in with the Orange color beautifully. Highly recommend...

Old 09-26-2008, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
I'm sure your car will have that temp indicator. As soon as you start your car look for a nice blue temp icon on your tach.

I like that fake carbon fiber. Number 1, it's different, no. 2 it looks like an upgrade and it's sporty. My 03 Accord Coupe 6MT had that trim exclusively standard. I would say, yeah, go ahead and get the vent carbon fiber trim as well so it will all match.

Regarding the clips for your mats, if you're handy with an exacto knife, you can do it yourself real quickly. Just make sure your measurements are pretty accurate. Did they include those clips? They should come with the mats.

I'm well past break in now (over 1500 miles) and time to time I let her rip up the rev range past 5,000 rpms, not even full throttle and she scoots with such zeal. Sounds good too. So expect more oomph once you're past break in. The radio sound will really improve after several hours of play.

But contrary to Honda's specs or what's listed in the brochure, there IS no 5 way EQ. It was only on the 07-08s. It's not really needed though, the sound is quite good.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
Oh wait...you don't have the gear indictor? How does Honda not include this necessary feature? Are you supposed to close your eyes, put one hand on the tranny tunnel and guess what gear you're in? But I guess since you guys don't have the flappy paddles either it's not necessary. I just answered my own question.

So what's there in place of the digital gear indicator?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Rear Seat Recline?

Originally Posted by troch1
The rear seats recline slightly. You must leave room for that.

Mark
Does the rear seat recline?

How do I do that?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
But tell me, what is that little hole right above your tailpipe??

I don't know if this fact but, I think those holes are where the hook the car to the ship that transports them from Japan to North America.

You see similar filled in circles on European cars as well.

Thanks to the OP for the pictures. Your work really does the ORM justice to how well it really looks in the sunlight. I was able to see one on display at Georgian College here in Barrie, Ontario during their annual AutoShow.

Steve

Old 09-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by M1kevtec
Does the rear seat recline?

How do I do that?
The two levers that enable the seat back to fold down will also allow it go the other way and recline a couple of inches.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Oh wait...you don't have the gear indictor? How does Honda not include this necessary feature? Are you supposed to close your eyes, put one hand on the tranny tunnel and guess what gear you're in? But I guess since you guys don't have the flappy paddles either it's not necessary. I just answered my own question.

So what's there in place of the digital gear indicator?
It is there on the fuel gauge indicator.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish
The two levers that enable the seat back to fold down will also allow it go the other way and recline a couple of inches.

I just tried it...wow, that makes a big difference.

Thanks...

Old 09-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey FitCanada_Girl winter is coming!!!

Have you put any thoughts into winter tires for your Fit? I used to go through Sudbury every week in the past so I know what winters are like at your end of Hwy. 69.

Steve

Old 09-27-2008, 12:04 AM
I've been doing my research...would like to get an extra set of 15" wheels from the base model but haven't decided on tires.

Any suggestions?

Old 09-27-2008, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
- cargo cover attaches via snaps to the rear passenger seats so you have to unsnap something like 6-8 snaps to lower the seats. Hassle (but still glad I have a cover)...
With the rear windows tinted that dark, isn't the cargo cover a moot point?

Congrats on the new Fit BTW. I'm lovin' that color more and more.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
Yay congrats FitCanada_Girl!

I was hoping you'd leave me the "first in NA with tint on an Orange Revolution" title , ah but alas you got that one too!

Here is mine taken last 9/20/2008 about 30 mins after it got tinted, in the rain, with love bugs on the bumper . This could be in alot of different posts... hey, maybe thats my title huh?

First in NA with tint on an Orange Revolution in the Rain with Love Bugs on the bumper!

For those wondering about the tint... this is 30% Madico Wincos all the way around. Its claim to fame is very high infrared block, manufacturer says up to 92%. Its not a cermic but it blocks as much or more infrared as one, its a dye and is made by a company in Japan named Lintec, distributed here by Madico. Lifetime warranty on fading, bubbling and etc. Due to the dye, the tint has a slight blueish tint, mostly apparent from inside the car, but sometimes noticeable outside. Light trasmission is stated to be 34% so its not a true 30%. Hope that helps those with questions on tint!

Edit: Crazy Picasaweb ... I can link 800x600 but not bigger looks like. Anyway, heres a link too to my album and other pics of the car!

Picasa Web Albums - resonance - 2009 Fit

Res

Last edited by Resonance; 09-27-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Retired Moderator
.... Nice...

Last edited by JDM_DOHC_SiR; 09-27-2008 at 07:25 PM. Reason: updates for pictures
Old 09-27-2008, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
I got it! :P The forum didn't like my original HTML that google was spitting out, then google didn't like me trying to go back door and link straight to the 1024 versions, go figure :P.

Quick Reply: First pics of Orange Revolution by owner in Canada!