2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First pics of Orange Revolution by owner in Canada!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Fitlurker
We are talking about the Shift Lever Position Indicators right? Check out p.219 in the manual. Apologize in advance if we are not talking about the same thing.
Apology accepted No, I'm not talking about "D - P - N, etc", I'm talking about "1 - 2 - to 5". In other words the GEAR INDICATOR. The US Sport has this, not the Canadian Sport.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
I told you you would love it more and more.

I just came back from detailing my car for the first time. I polished it, so I can see any chips/scratches.

I found 2 small chips on the hood, and a few on the front bumper, though the ones on the bumper looked more like scratches, as if someone else scratched it before delivery.

I dabbed the 2 hood chips with touch up. But I was actually a little surprised to find 2 so soon. Maybe I only expected one.
I got my ENTIRE front entire (all the hood, all the bumper/lower lip, all the headlights, all the front fenders, and a large patch on the back of the side mirrors) coated with Ventureshield (aka clear bra) last Friday. Great investment as I'm very fussy about my car. Stone chips are just plain traumatizing on a brand new car!

Old 09-29-2008, 10:09 AM
How does the clear bra look on the headlights? Does it have any side cuts to help contour it onto the headlight?

I drove an '07 Sport and it had the gear indicator. Unfortunately it wasn't carried over into '09.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by FiveFreshFish
How does the clear bra look on the headlights? Does it have any side cuts to help contour it onto the headlight?

I drove an '07 Sport and it had the gear indicator. Unfortunately it wasn't carried over into '09.
I literally cannot even SEE the Ventureshield unless my nose is to it and I look on an angle. Well there are zero edges on top of the hood and front fenders since he did the entire sections and wrapped the tape over the ends. I have to run my fingers over the parts then I can feel the edges. He couldn't do the "bump" on the headlights since the tape would not have conformed right, but he did do all the rest (I don't see any side cuts). Thoroughly impressed!

As for the gear indicator, I know it is a moot point for an automatic but I just like seing what gear I'm in (girl with a very high "need to know").

Note to other '09 owners. Apparently Honda isn't aware that there is NO 5-MODE EQUALIZER on the Sport model. It is advertised as having one on the website and brochures, but is not in the owner's manual nor on the car itself! There is a "Radio Data" something with different settings (rock, pop, etc - way more than 5 settings) but it doesn't modulate the bass/treble/etc as an equalizer would do. Therefore, my dealer suggested that owners CALL HONDA to report this to them. They need to change their advertising ASAP since it is misleading.

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 09-29-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
I literally cannot even SEE the Ventureshield unless my nose is to it and I look on an angle. Well there are zero edges on top of the hood and front fenders since he did the entire sections and wrapped the tape over the ends. I have to run my fingers over the parts then I can feel the edges. He couldn't do the "bump" on the headlights since the tape would not have conformed right, but he did do all the rest (I don't see any side cuts). Thoroughly impressed!
Good to know, thanks. Might get that added right away. Headlights are still pristine with < 100 km on the car.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
wow i luv the color! it sux the canadian version doesn't have paddle shift!

btw, how much u pay for the fit on the road? thx!

Old 09-29-2008, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
G'morning Canada Girl. How much did you pay for the shield?

The gear indicator I think is very helpful when you have the flappy paddles, but since you guys don't even have that, it's not a big loss. But do you have map lights and vanity mirrors?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Ventureshield cost me $900 cash for: entire front bumper/lower lip, headlights, entire front hood, entire front fenders, and side mirrors. I also got a can of Plexus which is a special spray to clean/wax/condition the Ventureshield.

Yes on the vanity mirrors, no on the map lights. Oh and yes, our Sport is MORE EXPENSIVE than yours! The few extra features you have that we don't aren't a huge deal, but paying more for less does irk me!

Old 09-29-2008, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
That's not fair. Maybe I'll cancel plans on moving to Canada now.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
That's not fair. Maybe I'll cancel plans on moving to Canada now.
Oh and my area gets 5 months of HARD winter to boot. Yes, things aren't fair sometimes. Freaken gear indicator and map lights!

Old 10-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Oh and my area gets 5 months of HARD winter to boot. Yes, things aren't fair sometimes. Freaken gear indicator and map lights!
I read on another Fit forum, while this one has been down, that Canadian Fits do not have a spare tire, only a repair kit. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Old 10-01-2008, 06:21 PM
The canadian AT only has the tire repair kit and the MT has a spare tire.

I think they did that to reduce the weight so that the AT would qualify for fuel efficient grants/tax breaks. Now the AT is more efficient than the MT

Old 10-01-2008, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
i read that the Fit with automatic transmission doesn't come with a spare tire instead there's an air compressor and a can of seal instead to reduce weight.

Originally Posted by Crewser
I read on another Fit forum, while this one has been down, that Canadian Fits do not have a spare tire, only a repair kit. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by mega56
The canadian AT only has the tire repair kit and the MT has a spare tire.

I think they did that to reduce the weight so that the AT would qualify for fuel efficient grants/tax breaks. Now the AT is more efficient than the MT
True.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
I just yanked my spare tire and jack the other day and bought a can of Fixaflat and taped it in the well where the spare used to be.

I like the thought of not only less weight = more mpg, but to mitigate the tail from sliding out during panic braking.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Question

Would fix a flat have an affect on the TPMS.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
dunno, but fixaflat is a temporary fix i think.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
^^ not to mention it does you no good in the event of a blow-out.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Sure, but how rare is that? And understanding this I'm willing to risk that anyway for lighter weight and a less-lively rear end.

(crosses fingers + sign of the cross)