2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally my Milano Red arrives - Thanks Richmond Hill Honda!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:23 AM
Finally my Milano Red arrives - Thanks Richmond Hill Honda!

I finally picked up my Milano Red '09 Fit Sport.

It was raining in Toronto today so I had to settle for these indoor pics.

The car drives great, It reminds me so much of my old EK (which was also milano red)

My first mod: Took my Type R shift knob from my old EK.

The dealership I went to was Richmond Hill Honda. They were very proactive and the communication was amazing. The dealership ordered the car for me after I made up my mind about the color and kept me updated throughout the process. The car delivered and I'm more than satisfied. My sales person was Lewis, I would recommend him to anyone in the GTA area looking to buy a Honda.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:21 AM
CBX
There's just something about a red Honda...

You seem to have a lot of tires layong about!

Congratulations, and welcome to the forum.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member
Beautiful. I'm still waiting for my Milano Red Base Fit here in Winnipeg. I've actually never seen one in person. That Sport sure looks nice. Wish I could have gotten one but I'm on a tight budget. The red is awesome. I find it looks different in every picture I see so I was getting worried as to what mine would look like! Sometimes it's this bright cherry red and sometimes a more dark, rich red. Actually, your first two pics look slightly blurry/dull so the red looks different. The other clear pics are what I was hoping for. Thanks again and enjoy!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:00 AM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up

Nice... looks like the MR 09 Fit owners are now starting to show up....

Old 10-21-2008, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Beautiful! Looks just like mine!

Old 10-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Congrats to a fellow Milano. Toronto is on my trip list for next year!

Originally Posted by superslurpee
Beautiful. I'm still waiting for my Milano Red Base Fit here in Winnipeg. I've actually never seen one in person. That Sport sure looks nice. Wish I could have gotten one but I'm on a tight budget. The red is awesome. I find it looks different in every picture I see so I was getting worried as to what mine would look like! Sometimes it's this bright cherry red and sometimes a more dark, rich red. Actually, your first two pics look slightly blurry/dull so the red looks different. The other clear pics are what I was hoping for. Thanks again and enjoy!
It depends on the sun. Bright sun turns it orange/red. Overcast or evening/night it looks dark red.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by winsanity
I finally picked up my Milano Red '09 Fit Sport.

It was raining in Toronto today so I had to settle for these indoor pics.

The car drives great, It reminds me so much of my old EK (which was also milano red)

My first mod: Took my Type R shift knob from my old EK.

The dealership I went to was Richmond Hill Honda. They were very proactive and the communication was amazing. The dealership ordered the car for me after I made up my mind about the color and kept me updated throughout the process. The car delivered and I'm more than satisfied. My sales person was Lewis, I would recommend him to anyone in the GTA area looking to buy a Honda.
Congratulations on your car! It looks AWESOME in Milano Red! I'm convinced that I want to wait for a red car now. Thanks for sharing the photos. I'm stoked for the rest of the week now!

Old 10-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Congratulations on your purchase!

I was checking out the MR Fit on the showroom floor at Formula Honda, and it looks REALLY sharp!!! Very beautiful colour... but if I were to get one, it would have to be TW!

By the way, if you don't mind me asking... how much did you pay for your car out the door? Did R.Hill Honda give you any discounts or anything?

Old 10-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the replies guys!!!

The weathers been pretty bad in Toronto the past few days since I picked the car up and now the car is pretty dirty considering its BRAND NEW.

Anyways, the crappy camera phone pictures dont do the car and the color justice. One of the nicest red's in the industry.

after driving the car for a couple of days, I noticed this car LOVES to rev and loves to rev quick. I find myself going through all 5 gears going into 70 kph. Good thing the transmission is a pleasure to shift. The throws arent that long and the shifter has a nice feel of going in and out of gears while still staying silky smooth, classic Honda. The engine has a nice sound to it. Nothing like the old D-series motor I was used to in my EK Hatchback. Steering is quick and precise and the steering wheel is a thing of beauty.

The interior has a great fit and finish but aside from the great leather steering wheel and the metallic painted radio/glovebox, the rest of the interior feels a bit cheap, but still looks great. The plastics are reminiscent of the Mazda 3 to me (Yes, I know this car is only $20000 Canadian). Gauge cluster and radio are refreshing design wise and the blue LCD display lights look great at night. I do wish the seats had height adjustablilty though.

There's just something about a red Honda...
You got that right! My second milano red Honda. I love it!

if you don't mind me asking... how much did you pay for your car out the door? Did R.Hill Honda give you any discounts or anything?
L23Tan - I saw a '09 TW base model on the 407 the other day and it looked GREAT. Cant go wrong with either color. Black does look great too.
I didn't get any off the MSRP, but in terms of dealership service, I felt that these guys didn't pressure me into anything, and they kept on top of everything (calling me to update even before I call them kinda thing)

Old 10-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Congrats! Nice colour and that's the lowest delivery km I've seen so far. (Mine had 10.)

Old 10-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Congrads on your car and welcome to the MR family. Your car looks great and hope you have many miles
of happy driving!

Cat :x

Old 10-23-2008, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Milano Red = Sexy Time

Old 10-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Nice!! Aren't these little cars great??

Old 10-24-2008, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
You know I've been wondering why whenever I see an 09 Milano Red Fit Sport I can't help but notice my mouth watering. Not only does the car look so delicious in this color, but subliminally my mind is picturing the Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies. Mmmm....my fave! Especially the double chocolate!

Old 10-24-2008, 11:16 AM
^^^ HAHA thats amazing...
[homer voice]mmmmmmmmmm milano redddddddd[/homer voice]

I'm going to get a test fit for an intake done tomorrow.

So hopefully we'll have a intake available soon. I'll keep you guys posted on this.

Any negatives to have an intake put on the car pre break-in period?